Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Porters Lake, NS

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,363 reviews

Tim Hortons Employee

My experience with Tim Hortons was not very pleasant, management was rude to most of the staff. Other than that I had a lot of lovely regular customers and co workers to help me through the day.

Constantly stressed and overworked

We would work 8 hour shifts and receive 2 15 minute breaks instead of at least 1 half hour lunch break which was not enough time to eat by the time you got your food. We were also expected to cover multiple roles at once while people were on break and were made to feel slow and like we were bad employees if we weren’t also restocking while doing 2 jobs. I had a manager who seemed like they hated everyone and people were literally trying to switch to morning shifts instead of nights to get away from them. We also were expected to find someone to cover our shift when we were sick and if we couldn’t then we had to come in sick or not. They made taking sick days feel like something we could control and that we should never take them even though by law we were entitled to them. My location also would not let you work a shift shorter than 6 hours and that was only for students because we didn’t get out of class until after the shift started. Everyone else had to work 8 hours with almost no exceptions. The only pros were the free drinks and cheap food while we were working and sometimes is things were slow and we rushed to finish all of our chores we could go home early. The tips were by far the best part and I usually made an extra hours worth of pay in tips alone.

Pros

Really good tips, discounted food and drinks

Cons

Long hours, overworked, under appreciated, had to work while sick

It was a busy job for regular pay, co-workers were pleasant however unmotivated, boss was a great boss.

Fairly concise job, served customers in a very busy environment, as expected the co-workers were pleasant albeit not wanting to be there, the owner was very supportive and good to work for.

Fast-paced, aggressive and rather toxic, but makes you quick on your feet.

The experience I had here was negative unfortunately but some people really enjoyed it. Personally though, the manager was verbally negative and physically aggressive (shoving and such). I don't hear many positive reviews about the Porters Lake Tim Hortons and I sadly have to agree that it was a rather toxic work environment. The scheduling was poor, the staff were cold and 'cliquey'. Tips were really great though, and getting to know the regulars was fun.

Pros

The regular customers being kind.

Cons

The staff, scheduling, and environment overall.

Great work environment with plenty of personal interactions

A typical day at work began at 7am as I am the baker. Foods were prepared via cooking, defrosting etc and were placed into the showcase for customers to browse and purchase.

Jobs at Tim Hortons