Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Found 432 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

Good place to get started

It's an easy job for students with little experience but not somewhere you want to work for a long time. Managers are fine (depending on location) but it's a minimum wage job so expect much.

Terrible work environment!

Worked there for 3 years and it was the most miserable 3 years of my life. Management was absolutely awful to employees and did nothing but yell and scream at employees all day every day over any little thing. Treated employees as if they were trash. The one and only thing they care about is drive-thru times and they will yell and scream at you to hurry up all day. I worked my butt off and only finally got a raise of maybe 15 cents after probably 2 and a half years there.

Pros

I mean, I guess you could say job security, but that’s because they are always so desperate for employees because everybody quits...so, yeah....

Cons

Overworked, under appreciated, treated like trash, takes years to get a measly raise not even worth mentioning

Awful

The only I liked about this there were some employees who were willing to help me and who gave bad attitude. There is a whole pandemic going on, how could you stop us from wearing gloves ? But in general,I hated working there. The environment was awful and there were only a handful of people I even liked working with. Management was the worst. I’ll never work there again. It could have just been the location but never again.

Pros

Free food

Cons

All the things listed at the top

Worst place to ever work

Lots of expectations. Little pay. Zero work life balance and it sucks the life out of you. No room to advance unless you want to sell your soul to the devil. Frankly best move I ever did was leave. Don't apply here unless you do not value your self worth

Pros

Cons

Every aspect of this job

Tim Hortons

Often-changing schedule, stressful, no opportunity for advancement, no recognition of a job well done, lack of organization among colleagues/individual position placing

Pros

Customers

Cons

I've listed them

Very good job

Very interesting job to me. Fast work and friendly environment. I had a good team always. Very nice management.flexible schedule. Every day when I’m coming from work I was so happy because work will made my day.very happy experience working with Timhortons

Friendly

The best place and the best experience I've really had working at restaurants in Canada. I really love and appreciate Timmy's and will recommend many people to try and work there and find out for themselves

Worst job ever

Partial management. Favouritism, Bullying, raising voice means hours cut down. Cleaning, sweeping, sanitizing, garbage pick ups and guest toilets cleaning during training. No motivation but a lot of pressure, even managers make fun of you with their favourites. Nothing learned new but harassed many times. Salary is not fair. Even a lot of partiality (30 hours/week) in full time hours. Worse is dress ; too big even at the cost of $100..

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

A lot of

Absolutely horrible

They treat you horribly and the work you are doing for the amount you’re getting paid is unbelievable. They don’t care about your needs and will not show pity and kindness, considering that you are a beginner.

Cons

Rude co-workers, bad pay, horrible treatment, only 15% off discount

fun work

i had so much fun working at timmes and i would do it over and over if i had to over any other jobs in the world it was my fist jobs and its always going to be a 5 star place.

Pros

fun people

Cons

pay food

Jobs at Tim Hortons

in Ottawa, ON
See more jobs

liked working with most people but head office is a mess

Your experience working for the company depends on your owners, your management team and the people you work with. I liked most of the people I worked with. We had some good customers and some downright mean ones. If full time you work early and long hours or late hours if you are evening. There is a lot to learn and new product comes out every couple of months. You have to be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time. Breaks were the bare minimum. One upside was we had medical benefits being full time, they aren't much but they do help some.

Pros

health benefits for full time, 50% of food while working, free coffee/tea/hot chocolate while working

Cons

lots of time on your feet, need to book off way in advance

I won't be going back to a Tim Hortons

I had a terrible experience working at a Tim Hortons.. The staff aren't kinda to one another its sad. I had a horrible cold and had to work and management still had me work

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Glad I left

Excellent

The management system is very good. All members of the company are very supportive. No any hesitation while asking any question. The hardest part of the job is when one has to handle the situation alone.

Tim Horton's

My experience at Tim Hortons where I've worked 2 busy locations in Ottawa at the General and on Queen .. I enjoyed greeting customers and I only gained more customer service in that field and learnt more about how to attend unsatisfied Customers too satisfactory.

Stressful during peak hours, great customer

The pay rate does not match the work preformed. Sometimes management spends more time joking with staff and slowing them down then actually dealing with structure and customer service. I loved the customers!

Pros

Free donuts and drinks

Cons

Poor management

easy going

quickly learned the daily routine: cleaning, serving customers, regular items being purchased and organizational skills. shortly after starting as a team member i became a supervisor.

fast paced work place that relies on each other

been working here for a better part of 2 years now. had some ups and downs, but it was fun and had good pay. working alongside great coworkers and considerate managers.

Pros

discounts on lunch and free donuts

stressful

being at the front desk is very stressful and remembering takes out orders and as well as drive-through orders. Sometimes becomes very difficult to deal with the people.

good experience

I worked at tim hortons which really gave me really good experience, with a good environment at working place. Moreover, the workers work with friendly nature.

fun place to work at.

love the job, would do it again, an excellent place to work at people were very nice and fun to work with. The manager was very helpful and understanding.

It was good experience to make locals morning

I like that job. But to sharp my skills i need to look further for another job. You will get to know how to deal with customers. You will need to take care about food safety.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K