Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

Found 214 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

Fun First Job

Definitely a good starting out job, however I do know people who have been there for 15+ years because they love the company so much. It's a good easy stating job. It does get stressful during the peek hours of the day but other than that its smooth sailing. It is a great job. This was my first job and I couldn't be more happy. It taught me a lot of lessons that helped me to be successful today.

Pros

Free Baked goods and Hot drinks!!!

Cons

Uniform pants aren't made for tall people.

depends.

Depends on location and management. Overall awful pay with no overtime or proper lunch(only two 15min breaks over 8hr+ shifts), management had "favourites" and were not the most understanding

Good place to work for first job

- you have to go in line and pay for your food while on break, so if there’s a line up of customers and it takes 15 mins for you to get your food you have to wait until your shift is over or until your next break to eat - they send staff home early a lot which ends in shifts being understaffed - they divide tips based on the number of hours you make, not what tips you are given during your shift -

Great

Really liked working there fast paced good pay great people to work with flexible hours Great discounts lots of great benefits working there Making good amount of tips

Fast paced workplace

It was fun working at Tim Hortons. It was my first job in Canada. I learned a lot working at Tim Hortons. The management was very polite and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get appreciation from customers.

Very busy place and requires an individual to be fast

A typical day at work is very tiring and stressful. I learnt how to work as a team and its importance. The management is great and they listen to the employees.

productive and fun workplace

It is easy to work environment if you are active and fast paced though you might feel it lacks opportunities to grow. Good for part timers if you get hours at a location .

Good review

It is interesting working at Tim Horton's you are never bored. It is mostly always fast paced environment people are good to work for. Company is run well they always have the customers in mind.

Work environment

Very tense, fast paced environment I Would not recommend this job to anyone, its really stressful. Angry customers to deal with, lots of awful experience

Workplace is helpful to learn & grow

Tim Horton is a place where i am learning so many things and boost my knowledge. It helps me a lot to learn how to work in fast pace environment in Canada.

Jobs at Tim Hortons

in Kitchener, ON
See more jobs

Easy-going work environment

Good hours, good managers, well paid. Fast-paced environment with kind co-workers. Full-time hours, great summer job for high school students. Discounted food and tips included

Pros

tips, discounted food

Cons

very short breaks

Fine for Highschool Students but a dead end for anyone else.

I felt that at least the Tim Hortons I worked at there was little room for growth. They never hired managers within the store but instead would bring in someone else.

Fun but stressful

Working at Tim Hortons can be very stressful and fast paced. You need to be able to handle times where coworkers can yell at each other but it's simply the fact that it is a busy workplace. Customers can be very rude but overall this is an easy and fun job.

Very nice place

I got refereed by my friend. I started working there and learnt drive thru o very first day . My manager and team is very supportive and friendly. I love going for work and the reason is this place.

Pros

Free food while on work

It was fun an engaging.

Everyone was helpful when it comes to verifying difficult tasks. Team members are collaborative and friendly. It is a fast paced environment so you need to learn how to manage your time while maintaining your quality of work.

competitive work environment

My manager was very rude and often made me not want to go to work. We were allowed to keep our tips and got free coffee and donuts when we were working but no employee discount.

Overall nice experience and team is easy to go with.

How your day would be vary according to the day and the team you will have for a day. Management is really good and would hear from you and would do their best to resolve the hurdle. Expect rush environment on the weekends and on holidays as it is in fairview mall. Closing and truck can be challenging compared to any other shifts.

i made more coffee than i have had fun stuff

very well cultured environment full of pation and hard working individuals i love donuts and ice cub and chill. i made over 500 sandwiches in my days

Pros

free food

Cons

dont steal ask nicely

Stressful and fast-paced

Working at Tim Hortons was a valuable work experience that allowed me to gain imperative skills that i have used in my future career developments. Tim Hortons gave me skills such as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to multitask, and great customer service skills.

Costumer Serves, Fast Pace, Exausting

Iv'e work at Tim Horton's for a long time. when I first started I did enjoy my job. I enjoyed working with people and being busy all day. Now I am bored of my job. The only part of my job I love is when I am the baker. I work independently and fast pace.

Working at Tim Hortons

Overall not terrible. Great for a first job. Advancement within the company is difficult and the pay does not match the amount of work. The company does offer good benefits after a 6 month period. Overall I think they care more about the bottom line than they do people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K