Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Found 417 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

Good first job but they underpay staff

It's a good and fast paced job but they under pay employees who put in a lot of work. I spend a lot of time doing chores and cleaning. Making drinks and food and talking to coustomers. Consisntatly doing something.

Pros

60% off purchases on shift

Cons

Rude coustomers, low salary

Management were not nice people

Management took a dislike to me almost immediately, though I was asked to stay late quite a bit which was nice for the paycheck. Overall I did enjoy the job. Was a bit far from home for me though.

Pros

Free drink per shift

Cons

Food was not discounted.

Best Job I've Had

Tim Hortons was one of my favorite jobs, I love being able to greet customers and have kind people to work with, I keep trying to apply to other places cause i loved this job.

Pros

Nice people

Clique

Very clique-y.. Try not to take it personally, I guess every job is like high school in some way or another. Don't over think and let it get to your head! PS. if you know how Tim Horton's as a whole works, don't be little and put the new people down!

Poor Management Skills

Tim Hortons puts too much onto their employees to do and deal with on a daily basis. They are often understaffed and management doesn’t know how to respect their employees.

Timmies

I miss working at Tim Hortons. They kept me on my feet, busy and left me feeling a sense of daily completion. Friendly managerial staff taught me a lot through difficult times in my life. If it wasn't for them, I don't know where I'd be now.

Pros

Coffee

Cons

Miserable patrons

tim hortons

it was an awesome place to work at, all my coworkers became family they treated me like their own kid and made me feel at home and every single worker there was really nicr

Based on working at TimHortons

I find they pledge Team Work , but it wasn’t always visible . It seemed it was who you knew not how well you gave 150% each and every shift . I am a team player when I work and enjoy a team effort

Good experience

Everyone was nice didn’t have a problem with anyone. Some days were fast paced while other days were slow. Very quick to pick up on what you have to do.

Only if I knew before

I worked for a Tim Hortons for three years if you have the right owner it’s great if you have an owner who just likes to come in and boss you around while they stand there and do absolutely nothing to help you out you’re screwed The unreal drive-through times when people are ordering six and seven sandwiches and bagels at a time are not reasonable!!!!!!

Jobs at Tim Hortons

in Hamilton, ON
See more jobs

Excellent

I love working at Tim Hortons I deal with different types of people some are in good mood and some are just show so much anger while giving order or while we serve them order but even that it’s really a fast service restaurant where I learn to become more fast as compare to my past jobs.

I overall enjoy working at tim hortons

Over all a good job for students. Tip divison, and treatment is unfair. Often times owner or manger blames the wrong people for mistakes. Would recommend to anyone looking for good schedule accommodations.

eh

you have to have good management in order to have a positive experience at tim’s. bad management = bad staff = a bad experience for customers. h

Productive and Motivating

Nice to be the part of the Tim Hortons. Learn new things and got skills in the food sector. How to prepare and serve a great hospitality experience to the customers.

The company that i worked for were awesome. My bosses were the best bosses i have ever had .

I would recommend Tim Hortons as an awesome place to work. It can be a fun place to work . Sometimes it is stressful but if you concentrate on getting the job done in a fast and efficient way it can be fun.

The staff are kind and very welcoming. Working at Tim Hortons gives students a great idea of what working later in life will be like and not to slack off with their work.

All Tim Hortons are the same.

Bad management, they treat you like you're just a number, never appreciated, lots of bullying from bitter people who take out them being there on you.

Well I found it pretty friendly place to work for me, as Tim Hortons was my first job ever, all my ex-coworkers were very passionate about their dutie

You have to be a pretty agile person in order to succeed on this job, however there are some issues as in any other job that you have to deal with but that doesn’t mean is a bad place to start or to get a job

Nice place to improve ur skill in customer services

I had a work experience in Tim Horton’s..I would like work with a team..and really would like to serving the people ..according to my experience I really enjoyed work at front counter serving the clients

Good

It is a fast workspace environment, the relationship between managers and employees are very well. And the colleagues always help each other. Everyone works like a family.

Work is rather fun, my location not so much

Working for Tim Hortons overall is actually rather fun for someone like me. While it is fast-paced and a bit stressful nothing you ever need to make is too complicated or difficult to really slow you down too much. Everyone is usually understanding, for the most part anyway. Only problem I had was my location in particular wasn't too great too much of the time. Though this doesn't reflect onto Tims as a company at all, just a few bad apples that can't ruin the bunch in my opinion. Simple work, though not always easy, fun interactions with staff and customers as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K