Tim Hortons logo

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL

3.1Pay & benefits

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

It’s a good starter job

I worked at Tim hortons in 2017/2018 while I was attending high school in my graduating year I worked here part time so I was only getting around 20 hours a pay check (bi-weekly) making minimum wage which was I think 11.50 in 2017 I’m not quite sure…overall it was a good job, they understood my work and school balance and paid fairly for the work you do, the coworkers were very nice and the manager was also very friendly. It’s a great starter job for high school students.

Pros

Paid Fairly, Friendly Co-Workers, Understandable Manager

Good job

Enjoyed the coworkers I worked with became good friends with many of them. Fast paced environment but routine is key to working here. Enjoyed my experience with Tim Horton’s with a few minor exceptions

Productive and fun workplace

I learned how to bake, learned how to deal with upset customers at a fast pasted rate. Management was great honestly. The hardest part of the job was working over night. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with very friendly staff members.

Fast paced and busy environment with very enjoyable physical tasks

Tim Hortons was actually a fantastic place to work based solely on the physical labor itself; there was always something to keep you busy and make the day go faster. The hardest part would be understanding of personal situations; I developed a type of seizure from my anti-depressant a few months back and my boss at the time wasn't the most understanding. They've since dissipated since I stopped the medication but regardless understanding of such issues was difficult in my workplace. All in all,it was a pleasant experience despite; I learned patience with customers is key and time management is a vital factor in completing your work efficiently and on time. Also, I gained the understanding that a positive attitude with a friendly smile can make someone's day, and bring ease to yours. My tasks included everything from Sandwich Station, preparing an extensive menu of items to two storefront cashes and one drive thru lane, to filling coffee cups for drive thru's fast paced environment.

Pros

Fulfilling interaction with the public, free allotted meals during breaks, most days having a great team helped, plus I found the physical job itself enjoyable

Cons

Short breaks (too far inbetween), misunderstanding of personal issues, discouragement from applying for benefits, and discouragement from moving on to other work

Stressful

This job was very stressful, the management had their favorites, the breaks were only ever 15 minutes not matter how long your shift was, and you were only allowed 2.. asked for another uniform several times, only received one pair of pants. hot and sticky 95% of the time.

Pros

Friendly Co-Workers

Cons

No breaks

Fast

Tim Horton's was an o.k. place to work.Typical day at work, take customers orders, fill those orders whether it be a beverage, soup & sandwich or a treat. Clean your station, sweep & mop the floors. My co-workers were good people to work with. I found a few things hard, and a few things enjoyable.

Pros

discount

Cons

not enough work

fun,fast and friendly

Good place to work,very fast paced.manage very easy to work with. Very friendly staff!

Pros

good boss

Cons

wages

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tim Hortons?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K