Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 454 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,371 reviews

My time at TIm Hortons

Keep in mind, I worked at Tim Hortons from the year 2000 to 2010. I was treated fairly and with respect, trained well, made a lot of friends actually, I would recommend it!

This place would overwork you but won't pay you what you deserve.

Worked here for a year, management is bad. All they care about is the drive-through time. Won't even listen to reasons if you did something wrong. If you do everything in the store, they would just let you get tired and let your other coworkers slack around. Traumatized me for life, we also don't get to defend ourselves against rude customers.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Unfair Pay

Truck Driver at the Calgary distribution centre

Terrible management they couldn’t even get the run set up for the upcoming bid in over a year, annual salary is terrible 62,000 when you take home $1750 in two weeks is pathetic for a truck driver, considering their shifts are not good when you work night continentals and are on night shift for line haul. I heard from the warehouse employees it’s run like a prison all management cares about is their bonuses they also had 100% turnover rate with the warehouse staff in the last year.

Pros

Employee discount on products

Cons

Low wage terrible shifts and schedule and management.

Horrible place

They had me work the manager roll without the pay, I never had a review or pay increase, they never gave me benefits, they were extremely rude when I needed a day off, they often had be working 14 days straight! They allowed for people to be lazy and not work, the manager was so lazy! And often left really early! It’s the worst job I’ve ever had, they don’t have your back either ! If a customer comes in a threatens your life over a sandwhich I have to give them what they want and then get introubke later for it. When covid started my tim hortons was the last one to get mask or even gloves, th owner is so cheap! She cut everyone’s hours so she qualified for the government small business check... never never apply to work there

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No help, no pay increase, manager attitude, owner cheap, lack of leadership, bullying, lazy

Very fast pace and stressful place

It’s a very fast pace and stressful place to work, specially if you have short staff or new employees. Usually the coworkers are friendly and hardworking people , that makes the work environment bearable. Constant rotation of new employees, because people seek for better opportunities and leave .

Pros

Flexible hours, some free food

Cons

Low pay, high rotation of new employees

Fun workplace

I had fun when i am working in Timhortons, I love to do work there and always i like the busy store because when it is busy i don’t realize the time and i finished my shift.

Its a job

Depending on the owner of tim hortons depends on how good the job is. I have worked for super good owners and I have worked for horrible ones.

very stressful workplace and pays only minimum for a very hard job

they won’t care about you they care about the store, stressful job and if you’ll ask for a raise they’ll say yes but won’t give it to you. Don’t even bother

Pros

free food

Cons

short breaks and pay less

Work relationships are the best part of the job

I have worked here for 4 years. Very easy job once you get the hang of it. Usually, the most difficult things are new products and keeping up with big rushes when short-staffed. Customers can be crazy but what do you expect. Don't take things so seriously and get used to the fact that you will have coworkers who do things differently or simply screw up most of the time. I would often request to have one day of the week off such as a Tuesday, my manager would be okay with it but then continue to schedule me on that day.My friendships with coworkers have been the only reason I stay. The people at work are very positive and friendly. Besides one person who continually breaks rules, very disrespectful and is unhygienic in the workplace etc but nothing is done about this person.I would 100% not recommend ever becoming a supervisor unless you would like to become a manager. Which even then you would have to really enjoy the job and be able to handle stress easily as the pay raise is miniscule. As a supervisor, they would give me minimal staff and expect the same drive-thru times as normal. They would get mad about production costs and there being too many staff, asking me to send people home early constantly. But again we would be already working with minimal staff, barely making it through a shift completing tasks and keeping up with the flow of customers. I tried to explain this to our general manager when they kept complaining about it to my managers but they had no clue what it takes to work on the floor since it's probably been almost 20 years(if ever) since they last worked -

Pros

Staff discount, free items, lovely coworkers, flexibility.

Cons

short staffed, angry customers, confusing promotions and app.

Management has a poor decision making

CB Family of Tims is an old school style of management. They don't adapt on the changes. General Manager been placed is not professional never set a good example in terms of uniform policy. Favoritism and due process not been done properly.

Pros

free meal

Cons

unprofessional

Jobs at Tim Hortons

in Calgary, AB
See more jobs

fun workplace, everyone was friendly

it was located inside the school campus, so almost every hour the store was very busy. most of the employees are fun to work with. they are reliable and helpful. the managements sometimes are helping us too.

build customer relationship

Always i satisfied customer expectation, i learned so many things over there and build customer relationship. the most enjoyable part of the job is taking new cutomers.

fun work place

Co workers were fun to work with! I gained friends with our regular costumers. It's a fast faced job, you need be physically healthy so you can perform your duties properly.

good experience

its my first job so i love it. but you need to get ready for fast paced work. staff is always friendly and helpful. you will learn so many things by working at tim hortons.

People

You will meet a lot of great people in this job, and learn to create connections. Obviously some people can be mean at times, but that usually comes with customer service and you simply have to deal with it and move on. I was able to become a supervisor before I turned 19, and through being one was able to know how I manage the workflow and make sure that the production line is working efficiently. I was able to learn some form of accounting skills, through counting all the money at the till, and making sure that the money is balanced and that there are no discrepancies. The hardest part of the job would be that you would need to make sure that your drive through times meet the standards, and when you don't it just makes you feel bad about yourself, which I personally don't like, and the most enjoyable part of the job for me personally is the sunrise, mainly because of it's location, I am able to see some spectacular sunrise whenever I work in the mornings. Another enjoyable part is that you will meet really nice co-workers, sometimes you guys will just click, and vibe.

Busy day I learned a lot Multicutural people Every people is very friendly Fast learning work place Professional way of training people Productive place to learn customer service

Good starters Job

I worked at Timmys for about 6 years on and off. It was my first job at 14 and the management was extremely flexible to let me work on the hours I was available. It is fast paced at times so the time can go by fast. They pay is pretty good for a starting job and they do pay more for as an essential worker during COVID 19. The management became almost family by the time I had quit for good.

Pros

Free coffee, flexible schedule, good management, fast paced

Cons

no guarantee on hours

great work place

the Tuscany Tim Hortons was a great job experience I got to learn cash and how to move fast pace. the crew was amazing to work with, I was able to work around events in my life and manage it all. the managers were amazing at making me feel comfortable in the work environment. I'm sad I had to stop working there due to quarantine.

Good workplace

Good place where to work.. We worked as a team. Can be fun when working with good people. Tims is a nice place to work. The best choices for work time and schedule, management is very welcoming.

Organized

Fear treats friendly stuf and team. Good salary and full food safety and cleanly amazing management high quality products and services are available for all ages .

Good working environment,co-operative team members

Overall good working experience, safe place to work, friendly team members , good management, priority always given to guests, beverages always served fresh.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K