Tim Hortons logo
Happiness score is 55 out of 100Below average

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Burlington, ON

Found 136 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

Mediocre

You are made to feel very insignificant, “ replaceable”. It’s a environment for lots of unnecessary drama. Just looked at it like a pay check there’s no where to move up in the company you’ll always be a underpaid staff member

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, under appreciated

Stressful, most of the days you are supposed to work short staffed, was asked by management to develop a thick skin.

For me working at Tim Hortons was necessary, since I had no other job. My health declined. I was asked to work double shifts at least twice a weak, and if I had any issues I was asked to develop a thick skin.

Stressful

Employee gossip, and supervisors don’t communicate, issues with scheduling, and no responses when an employee makes a complaint. It’s every man for themselves prepare to drown!

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Too stressful

I have collaborative workplace with good friends and co parters on my shifts.

I have learned various things such as handling customers' orders, cash work, runner up, stocking, cleaning, making drinks, and fast service. I don't have any typical days on my working days because I had night shifts and the most important and enjoyable moment is when customers give tips and happy to get my services with a smile.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

stressful work

I just wanted to verify my email

And then it brought me to this so I have to type 150 characters for a summary about tim hortons but I don’t wanna do it because I really don’t care about this

Cons

Under it's original management, it was great

When originally working there, the atmosphere and work culture were great. Unfortunately, upon new ownership, it was terrible and management has no appreciation for work-life balance. I gave this a 3 because under original management it was an amazing job, however, after a shift in ownership it's basically a one.

Fast-Paced Workplace

Working at Tim's is very fast paced. There are always orders coming in and customers to be served. You learn to work as as a team very quickly and very accurately.

Cons

Early Mornings

A great place to work. Teaches you a lot of skills that are necessary for the workplace. A great place for someone to work who is just starting off in the workforce. Flexible working hours which is great for students.

It is excellent experience at working Tim Hortons

I learned lots of things at Tims such as customer service, good communication skills, team work etc. I worked as a store front cashier so I deal with the customers.

Fast paced

Working at Tim Hortons is fast-paced. You need to take care of each and every product according to its shelf life. Customer satisfaction has always been a challenge so make sure every customer is happy with his order.

Jobs at Tim Hortons

in Burlington, ON
See more jobs

very productive

i have so many things at tims. my professional growth has started from tims. i have joined as a team member and then i become supervisor and then assistant manger.

Fun enviroment

Tim Hortons was a good place to work, they payed you according to your position and it was fair. They didn't have much room for advancement. And the way that they train employees is very bad.

It was okay

Management wasn't great. I always got called out by them which made me uncomfortable. Old management was pretty good and then new management came in and made the place infinitely worse. Had free food until the new management came in. Got bossed around so much when other employees were also there to do things, and was always picked on. Taught me about customer service, but I definitely wouldn't go back

Pros

Fun coworkers

Cons

Terrible management

first job

as a first job it was ok you just make coffee and take orders not really much to it. The manager i was working for at the time was not competent however

Okay Place

Working you have to know a lot. Wasn't really far how they would treat you at times. They should be more about their customers and employees then worrying about other things. Their amazing to work for just the people who run it aren't every nice at times.

Fun place to work and a great place to build team work skills

It all starts with a smile on people's face and the joy is satisfying. So many things learned fro this place like teamwork skills and better customer service.

productive and a calm place to work at.

A typical day at Tim Hortons would very quit and slow. I learned great leadership and customer service. All my managers were great people and very outgoing.

Very fast paced and competitive

It was a great place to work at very fast paced and great team members. Not much wiggle room for shifts. Very flexible with hours. Great benefits and staff to work with

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Long hours and not much wiggle room

Was fast paced

Need to stand for a long period of time. Fast paced. Although had fun and the team members there were really friendly and made me comfortable in a short while.

Fast paced and stressful, but great people

The typical day at Tim Horton's was serving coffee to customers and making sure they were satisfied with their orders. Working at Tim Horton's you would have to do a lot of cleaning and preparing work and food stations for the day and between shifts. The management was not too great because managers were young and didn't take their jobs seriously. The best part of the job was the fellow employees that you worked with every day, you got to know them very well because of the nature of the job.

High Stress and Low satisfaction.

This is an extremely stressful job, and unkind management only increases the issues. The hours can either be extremely early or late especially if you work a 24 hour location. If you want to get yelled at and treated poorly because you're a teenager this job is perfect! Management had no respect for the schedule of employees and often put us down. They did not offer help when the store was busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K