Tim Hortons logo
Happiness score is 55 out of 100Below average

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Bowmanville, ON

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

It’s Timmies...

Honestly, great management. I don’t know if they’re still there, but they were amazing and helped with anything I needed. The floor workers could be petty sometimes, but all in all it was fun. The best part was the customers

Pros

Customers and CoWorkers

Cons

On your feet the whole time

It was a fun environment when everyone was on the same page

I loved working for Tim Hortons bowmanville HOWEVER if there were stressed employees we all felt it... that being said some of the girls were caddy and spoke about other employees and put each other down. But the good days were very good!!!!

horrible

hours suck! management was awful and don’t care about you at all. super stressful managers take their job way to seriously. can’t be sick and miss shifts or you’ll get in trouble even if you have strep throat

Worst place I ever see

Staffs are very unhygienic. An employee made her own drink , licked her drink spill on top of the lid using her finger and when she gets a drive thru order immediately prepared their sandwiches without washing hand and no gloves. Disgusting. No job security. No proper training. Poor management. Threatening for firing. Will not go this Tim Horton’s for job or as a customer. I would like to give zero star.

Big yikes

Tim Hortans was my first job so there was not much to compare to. After having different jobs I have come to realize how negative and rushed of a workspace it is. Not only did they try to make us act like robots they disciplined us and threatened to fire if we did small things they did not like

Pros

Good food

Cons

Long hours. Too rushed. Rude people

Fun environment but can be stressful

Overall I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons, but I have not had great experiences with management regarding my scheduling and availability. I've made lots of friends and it's a great environment to work in and shifts go by fast when the store is busy.

Pros

Fast pace but fun environment

Cons

Standing for 8 hours a day on tile

Fast paced work enviroment

I do like parts of this job and I was very good worker that moved quickly. I met all their needs, Unfortunately the places I worked at previously had people that were hard to work with.

It’s alright

Wasn’t my greatest experience. However if you are dying for hours, they will surely give them to you. No real concern for young adults going through school, which is their main group of employees.

Pros

Half off lunch

Cons

They eventually took away the half off lunch

Wasn’t provided correct amount of training.

When hired I was expecting to complete full training. I was put in a position to sink or swim persay. Only had 4 hrs of training before being put in into my full time position.

Great place for a first job

friendly atmosphere, great people to work with for your first job, fast paced environment. Room to grow, flexible hours, and shifts, and very accommodating when time off is required.

Jobs at Tim Hortons

in Bowmanville, ON
See more jobs

I would not advise in applying

Management is disrespectful to employees on a daily basis. Not a mentally healthy work environment. Being spoken to in a rude manner. Talking down to staff. Given the feeling of being small. I reported this to head office only to be talk they are owned privet so nothing they can do.

Great way to make new friends

Overall, it is an OK spot to work. You will make great long term friends.. however the amount of work you do in 1 shift doesn't compare to your wage.. low pay for high work.. 3/10

Secure job

Employees are absolutely wonderful to work with, hardest part of the job was by far dealing with negative customers because expectations are required and mistakes happen, but professionalism and a positive attitude is important to keep customers happy. Management varies per manager, we go through multiple at our location. The enjoyment of the job varies by the employees attitude.

Pros

Staff is wonderful, time off and availability changing is easy

Cons

Breaks are minimal and refuse to give more if work overtime, which is happens a lot.

Too Much work for little Pay

Loved the people I worked with but was constantly screamed at for things out of my control, and not paid enough for the effort I put into making things right.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Terrible pay

Horrible place to work

I would never want anyone I know to ever work at Tim hortons. Management is the terrible, everyone else does the managers job while they get paid for it. The store owner is one of the most arrogant people in the world.

Unstable work place

a typical day: punch in find out where I was working and make sure everything was stocked and enough coffee was ready, server customer do my assigned chores, I learned how to make different types of beverages, the manager was nice, my co worker were younger and were in a click and I was an outsider. The hardest part was keeping up with the coffee and the most enjoyable part was that it was full time

Pros

it was full time

Cons

the fast paced work

Depending on your store can be excellent

I have worked at one absolutely amazing store, I loved every hour that I worked there. This was all because of the owner and her goal of providing the best workplace she could. I have also worked at an absolutely terrible store where the owner barely followed labour laws or TDL standards. Read up on reviews about the specific store you are applying to. The owner makes all the difference.

Pros

Good Owner = Excellent workplace

Cons

Bad Owner = Horrible Workplace

Work enviroment

While i was working it was very busy with customers and also i would ask my fellow workers if they need help with anything and i also stayed productive throw out my shift.

Good job.

It was a very good job, and pleasant place to work.It was fast paced, and easy to work with all the people there.

Fun Environment to work

My experience with Tim Hortons has been great because I really enjoyed working there, I took pride in my line of duties. I always helped out if someone needed help. If I was asked to stay overtime, I would if I was able too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K