Tim Hortons

Canada17,064 reviews

Found 17,064 reviews matching the searchSee all 20,652 reviews
timcoffeetimsdonutfastcustomershiftfood

Decent

This was a decent stepping stone. However the pay is not enough. We are working 8 hours non stop. At times people have to come back early from breaks just to help because there line up is out the door.

Loved working here. 10/10 recommend I’ve worked here for 4 years.I really am truly writing this so that I can see other reviews but compared to other places that I have worked tim hortons has been my favourite.

Pros

Free lunch, fast paced

Cons

Sometimes manager was bad

Insights into Tim Hortons

Based on 2,398 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

This place absolutely sucks

I'd recommend working literally anywhere else. As a baker you're expected to do the work of 2-3 people, all while being judged by management and other employees for not being able to keep up because everyone sees bakery as the fun and easy job. Management at my store location is awful, there is never a day that goes by that there isn't yelling and write ups for the smallest mistakes. You will not get properly trained here, I only got my training videos after months of already working here because the inspection was coming and the store would lose points if I didn't watch them. I was given 3 short shifts of training before I was thrown in the bakery alone for every shift after that. Just don't work here

Productive fun place to work

Fast pace environment with flexibility schedule. Less pay for the work that they ash you to do. Sometimes very rude customers for not getting their orders on time.

Not worth it

5 years of working here as a student and the job is not good. The only thing worth it potentially is the connections you make with staff and coworkers but that’s not always a constant. Pay is bad, job is draining, and management usually is awful.

Pros

Discounted lunches during shift

Cons

Bad pay, busy environment

Cozy work enviroment

Love my manager and my colleague. Supportive and helpful work place. Willing to train staff from entry level. Flexible for student work time. Diversity!

Good place to learn to multitask

Fast paced and good to learn to do multiple things at once. Nice to talk to certain regulars, but dealing with rude customers is more prevalent than anything. Not enough pay for the stress of the environment.

fun place to work at

learnt many things and loved the workplace culture. loved working with individuals from different backgrounds. the management at that time was not that good .

Repetitive and very fast paced

I really love working for these particular owners, but not all are like them. I left a higher paying job to come back to timmies! I would recommend timmies!!

Pros

Free food and drink

Cons

Some customers are horrible

it was great experience

working there is alright, being able to provide a solid service to all the coffee and donut lovers was fun. would recommend this job for anyone who wants to see how a fast food restaurant works.

Terrible management, always bad customers

Management does not care about their employees, belittles them. Customers are abusive to employees. You will always get blamed for long lines, no matter what you do you’ll never do anything right in their eyes. We are constantly short staffed for the reason that we are treated unfairly and underpaid for the amount of problems we must deal with daily.

Pros

you pay $2 a day for lunch

Cons

bad management, abusive customers, always busy

Its okay

It’s not the best place to work at for how much money you make. Too many students hired that just goof around and not really get anything done. Only good thing about working here is that you can pretty much book any time off you want and the benefits are really good.

Good working environment

The tim hortons provide a friendly environment where doing work by an employee is easy. It♥️is accountable and it provides help in our professional life.

Pros

Improve learning skills

Cons

Short breaks

Aucunne reconnaissance et mauvaise gestion

L'entreprise en elle même n'est pas bien organisé pour le service qu'elle veut offrir et la maison mère n'offre aucun support aux employé et ne maintiennent aucunne norme face au bien des employés au contraire d'autre chaines de restauration

Pros

Pourboire

Cons

Aucun avancemen5

Draning but okay pay if you do a lot of shifts

This was my first job and i got trained for everything. The coworker and my manager were helpful it as the customers who made you want to just stop all together

Horrible

Ok first job for a high school student but don’t become full time, most likely won’t work around your school schedule try McDonald’s instead to save yourself some stress

Good for student as a part-time work.

Not so good for long term. Good for student as a part-time work.Management is very bad.Work culture is quite good.Fast-peacedLow salaryHard-workNot so good for long term.Good for student as a part-time work.

It's okay to get through school

Gets you through school, but doesn't pay enough to survive. You have to work really hard. Sometimes the night shift doesn't show up and you have to keep working all night and somehow still get to school in the morning. It sucks. I won't go back.

Friendly coworkers, but fast-paced and stressful environment

The staff and managers are friendly. But it can get so busy sometimes that I feel like it's underpaid. The management is systematic including proper breaks and flexible scheduling.

Good job for teenagers

Great job for students. Not recommended for people who have a family the pay is peanuts. Can't keep anyone. Lots of gossip in the work place. Overall you can all do better then working here.

bad

bad experience very stressful rude management not worth ur mental health i would never go back here would rather not work hours are horrible they act like you’re working for millions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement