Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 16,046 reviews matching the search
Honestly, great management. I don’t know if they’re still there, but they were amazing and helped with anything I needed. The floor workers could be petty sometimes, but all in all it was fun. The best part was the customers
Pros
Customers and CoWorkers
Cons
On your feet the whole time
J’aime beaucoup le tim Horton, les gens qui y travail
Pros
L’ensemble du travail
Cons
Aucun pour ma part
It's a good and fast paced job but they under pay employees who put in a lot of work. I spend a lot of time doing chores and cleaning. Making drinks and food and talking to coustomers. Consisntatly doing something.
Pros
60% off purchases on shift
Cons
Rude coustomers, low salary
I started working here part time in January 2021. They started giving me hours which was good thing but they also treated me like Janitor since I was in closing shift. It was -50 degree and I refused to throw the garbage and told them I would do it at the end and shift supervisor complained to the owner. Next day I got the call saying I don’t follow my peers and I am very stubborn. There are people who are not using their brain and microphone and they always scream (mother and daughter) and they are cheered by other people. There are people who live the customer waiting on the window and live the store when their shift is over. There are people who do not know the meaning of customer service and team work. Most of the people want to go home whenever they start their shift. I saw some people singing and talking and gossiping when it wasn’t busy and the next day they complained about not stalking to night shift. They had 4 people working until 10 when it was not busy in winter and there were just two of us when there were 15 cars in drive through. They made 100 donuts when there were no customers and made no donuts when it was very busy. This is the most toxic and stressful workplace I have ever worked at. There’s also some conflict going on between managers and they don’t get along well. This store needs repair beyond their drive through.Some good thing about store, there are few nice people. Employee discount. Owner is very nice but his leadership is not. Management just don’t care about anything.They need to get rid of many employees who are damaging the reputation of - more...
Pros
Free drinks, flexible hours. Some co-workers are nice.
Cons
Management, toxic environment. Blame game
i love to work at timhortans.I love to make sandwiches and talk to custmors.i enjoy to take order at drive through and make food.my manager is so helpuful and cool.she supports all the team members as wrll as we celebrate special occasions at tim.
Pros
tips
Cons
not free food
Its a job that many use as a stepping stone. The longer you stay the worse it gets. This location pays well, but has a high staff turnover. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself how desperate you are for a job.
Pros
Allways paid on time
Cons
long hours, stressfull, high turnover, unrealistic demands
Their all good and depend on the staff, how to be fun with but for me I really love working, we have incentive that we give to our staff if ever we hit tge target of the day
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stand for long hour
You are made to feel very insignificant, “ replaceable”. It’s a environment for lots of unnecessary drama. Just looked at it like a pay check there’s no where to move up in the company you’ll always be a underpaid staff member
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, under appreciated
Definitely a good starting out job, however I do know people who have been there for 15+ years because they love the company so much. It's a good easy stating job. It does get stressful during the peek hours of the day but other than that its smooth sailing. It is a great job. This was my first job and I couldn't be more happy. It taught me a lot of lessons that helped me to be successful today.
Pros
Free Baked goods and Hot drinks!!!
Cons
Uniform pants aren't made for tall people.
The managers suck and they only care when they’re right. Even if an employee is nice they don’t care and still treat us terribly. A typical day isn’t nice, we get yelled at by everyone, and get praised for rushing through as many customers as possible.
Pros
You can take the expired food home & tips
Cons
Everyone sucks
Rush hour sucks, but I had an okay time, we get good tips, I think it's a good place to start out for a first-time job seeker. Manager is a little intmidating,
Pros
discounted food
Cons
I worked at Tim hortons in 2017/2018 while I was attending high school in my graduating year I worked here part time so I was only getting around 20 hours a pay check (bi-weekly) making minimum wage which was I think 11.50 in 2017 I’m not quite sure…overall it was a good job, they understood my work and school balance and paid fairly for the work you do, the coworkers were very nice and the manager was also very friendly. It’s a great starter job for high school students.
Pros
Paid Fairly, Friendly Co-Workers, Understandable Manager
Given the hours and demand of the job that I had for the two years while there I found any of my free time to just relax between shifts being quickly encroached on. There were too many times I was made to work a near closing shift before a baking shift the next morning leaving only 8 hours between the end and start of the shift. I had to commute between where I was living at the time to the store location, which was off the highway running through the city, so this really only left me with about 4-6 hours of sleep at best. This happened frequently enough, along with occasions where many of the staff including myself were caught up in working 10 or more days in a row, that I began to feel a little abused.Managers kept asking me to come in as favors but would then schedule me for those evening into baking shifts too often until I put my foot down hard about it to have a day between the shifts so my sleep cycle wasn't ruined. There was a lack of help at times too for covering the shifts so it was always a case of heaven forbid I had a family emergency. I was also made to feel guilty sometimes by the manager if I needed to ask for a day off, rare as it was.Overall it was a far more stressful experience than enriching and not worth the lost sleep and damages to my mental health.
Pros
Decent pay, Staff Discount (Sometimes)
Cons
Long hours, Disrespectful Management, Mismanagement, Frugal Business Practices, Small Work area, Regularly breaking/broken Tools/Supplies for job position, General overbearing stress from management/the fast paced environment
J’ai pas eu une belle expérience ou je travaillais.Aucune autre commentaire
When I am strong and healthy, the employer is so happy to me in regards to job performance. But, time change when I fall down, and got accident with work related injury. I am treated nothing. That's why I am not happy leaving Tim Horton's. NO BENEFITS at all. I don't know if it's only to the store where I worked? Please try to ask...if you are interested working at Tim's.
Pros
I feel that...time finish quickly everyday because it's always busy.
Cons
I met many picky, and difficult customers.
Working at Timhortons is easy if you are a patient person. You’ll need to practice your patience with annoying customers. It’s also fast paced but gre
Pros
Great hours, more work hours
Cons
Stand all day
My work experience at Tim Hortons was really good. I would recommend it to anyone who loves interacting with people and also is thick skinned as sometimes customers can be rude
Terrible place to work. Managers are not respectful. Never they provide benefits. They try to dont pay insurance. Long shifts without lunch time. They keep workers number low in each shift, u should work instead of 2 person.
Pros
nothing, just u are working and u have salary.
Cons
Stressful and demands running running and running
-usually short staffed all the time-managers never seem to have the right training to run the buisness-you gotta know how to do everything there (including cleaning)-sometimes you work 10 hour days-no benefits offered even if youre full time
Pros
Discounted food and some stores offer free beverages while on shift
Cons
Long hours, sketchy customers, bad pay
Fast paced. Hard work. Not for lazy or the faint of heart. Lots of room for moving up in rank. Just do your work. Dont start drama and you will be ok.
We would work 8 hour shifts and receive 2 15 minute breaks instead of at least 1 half hour lunch break which was not enough time to eat by the time you got your food. We were also expected to cover multiple roles at once while people were on break and were made to feel slow and like we were bad employees if we weren’t also restocking while doing 2 jobs. I had a manager who seemed like they hated everyone and people were literally trying to switch to morning shifts instead of nights to get away from them. We also were expected to find someone to cover our shift when we were sick and if we couldn’t then we had to come in sick or not. They made taking sick days feel like something we could control and that we should never take them even though by law we were entitled to them. My location also would not let you work a shift shorter than 6 hours and that was only for students because we didn’t get out of class until after the shift started. Everyone else had to work 8 hours with almost no exceptions. The only pros were the free drinks and cheap food while we were working and sometimes is things were slow and we rushed to finish all of our chores we could go home early. The tips were by far the best part and I usually made an extra hours worth of pay in tips alone.
Pros
Really good tips, discounted food and drinks
Cons
Long hours, overworked, under appreciated, had to work while sick
  1. Employee reviews