Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons
Happiness score is 55 out of 100Below average

Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Review

Stressful workplace with some mismanagement in the locations

Given the hours and demand of the job that I had for the two years while there I found any of my free time to just relax between shifts being quickly encroached on. There were too many times I was made to work a near closing shift before a baking shift the next morning leaving only 8 hours between the end and start of the shift. I had to commute between where I was living at the time to the store location, which was off the highway running through the city, so this really only left me with about 4-6 hours of sleep at best. This happened frequently enough, along with occasions where many of the staff including myself were caught up in working 10 or more days in a row, that I began to feel a little abused.Managers kept asking me to come in as favors but would then schedule me for those evening into baking shifts too often until I put my foot down hard about it to have a day between the shifts so my sleep cycle wasn't ruined. There was a lack of help at times too for covering the shifts so it was always a case of heaven forbid I had a family emergency. I was also made to feel guilty sometimes by the manager if I needed to ask for a day off, rare as it was.Overall it was a far more stressful experience than enriching and not worth the lost sleep and damages to my mental health.

Pros

Decent pay, Staff Discount (Sometimes)

Cons

Long hours, Disrespectful Management, Mismanagement, Frugal Business Practices, Small Work area, Regularly breaking/broken Tools/Supplies for job position, General overbearing stress from management/the fast paced environment

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Terrible.

Just no. Worked there for good while first time was pretty bad and second time even worst. Management assumes you know everything that is updated and new , don't actually speak to you with any respect alot of times. Don't have a busy life cause that won't work, they never give you normal shifts everything is always all over the place they expect you to do morning's then overnights as if it's normal for the Bodie to adjust like that, many things.

Pros

Some of the customers you meet

Cons

Long hours, all over the place shifts, no communication
Same role

Worst

The franchise owners, and head office should be ashamed of how cheap they are, and how they treat employees. No pay for receiving the vaccine, no increase in pay over the course of the pandemic, horrendous pay for living in the GTA. Yet they expect employees to feel sorry for them, for not being able to maximize their profits over the course of the pandemic. Hawk putuh.
Same location

Excellent

They friendly to the workers and the workers they are nice too, we are working as a team helping to each other and how to deal with the customer especially to the old people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K
5.8K
4.8K
1.6K
1.5K

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Tim Hortons with

• Tim Hortons
  • Stressful workplace with some mismanagement in the locations