Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Review

Fast paced work environment

Working at Timhortons is easy if you are a patient person. You’ll need to practice your patience with annoying customers. It’s also fast paced but gre

Pros

Great hours, more work hours

Cons

Stand all day

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Not Recommended.

The only thing that will make you stay there are the friends that you made there. Otherwise, management or other staff members will be mean and will shout at you. Very stressful job because it requires a lot of management and the ability to do things fast. Sadly, management only cares about the speed and not the quality of the service. So most of the time, there would be problems with orders or they won't care about the client at all. The pay is dirt cheap and is not worth the psychological torture (exaggeration) that they give you. There has been times where a person did not get paid multiple hours and forgot to pay that person. They also try and cheat the staff by firing you and saying that you resigned so that their company doesn't have to pay the 4% that you are entitled to after the termination. All in all, it is a horrible place to work in.

Pros

Make a couple of friends (if you're lucky), free lunches.

Cons

Dirt cheap pay, stressful, unprofessional, very short breaks.
Same role

Mediocre

You are made to feel very insignificant, “ replaceable”. It’s a environment for lots of unnecessary drama. Just looked at it like a pay check there’s no where to move up in the company you’ll always be a underpaid staff member

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, under appreciated
Same location

Stress-induce environment with unprofessional management

I worked at Tim’s for about a year as my first customer service job. Out of the (current) 4 jobs I’ve ever worked, it was by far the worst. Management was ridiculous at my location. Our store manager was EXTREMELY unprofessional for what the company standard was. Rarely ever wore her uniform, disrespectful to employees and customers, picked favourites and A LITTLE manipulate to be honest. The benefits and discounts that this company offered was ridiculous. Working here gave me genuine trauma. The only good thing about this place was my co-workers. Most of them were very friendly and funny people to be around.

Pros

Fun co-workers

Cons

Stressful work environment, unprofessional, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K