Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Review

Constantly stressed and overworked

We would work 8 hour shifts and receive 2 15 minute breaks instead of at least 1 half hour lunch break which was not enough time to eat by the time you got your food. We were also expected to cover multiple roles at once while people were on break and were made to feel slow and like we were bad employees if we weren’t also restocking while doing 2 jobs. I had a manager who seemed like they hated everyone and people were literally trying to switch to morning shifts instead of nights to get away from them. We also were expected to find someone to cover our shift when we were sick and if we couldn’t then we had to come in sick or not. They made taking sick days feel like something we could control and that we should never take them even though by law we were entitled to them. My location also would not let you work a shift shorter than 6 hours and that was only for students because we didn’t get out of class until after the shift started. Everyone else had to work 8 hours with almost no exceptions. The only pros were the free drinks and cheap food while we were working and sometimes is things were slow and we rushed to finish all of our chores we could go home early. The tips were by far the best part and I usually made an extra hours worth of pay in tips alone.

Pros

Really good tips, discounted food and drinks

Cons

Long hours, overworked, under appreciated, had to work while sick

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Worst Workplace to work

I work at one of the busiest locations with only 3 workers from 10:00 PM to 11:00 pm. Then only 2 people till 5:00 Am. There is so much pressure and in the morning you have to worry about window timing and your supervisor is worried about that only and because of that people serve stale coffee, tea to customers. Window timing is good for Tim Hortons but not for employees and customers. The hardest part is that you are working crazy for 8 hours and you are covering at least 2 people at a time and in the end, you get minimum wage and Owners can get away with everything.
Same role

Tims

This place is a good job for students, fast paced environment, standards must be met and followed. Advancement doesn't happen often. The pay sucks! For a big named corporation they would be paying a way more than minimum wage.
Same location

Tim Hortons Employee

My experience with Tim Hortons was not very pleasant, management was rude to most of the staff. Other than that I had a lot of lovely regular customers and co workers to help me through the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K