Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Review

A decent get your feet wet job, not a long term job.

Its a job that many use as a stepping stone. The longer you stay the worse it gets. This location pays well, but has a high staff turnover. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself how desperate you are for a job.

Pros

Allways paid on time

Cons

long hours, stressfull, high turnover, unrealistic demands

1.0Job security/advancement

Same location

Terrible

Only worked here for less than a month and left because of the terrible management new owners of this location was hoping that management improved and it definitely has notTraining is lacking at this location when I first started there was no orientation they only showed me a video on how to wash my hands then threw me on a till and I didn’t know how to make drinks or anything had to teach everything myself other employees have told me they were also not trained. There were huge red flags before I even started they asked if I could cover shifts when I haven’t even had my first day of work yet when they knew I needed to start on Monday as I was currently at another job that was ending soon. The schedule is constantly changing and the manager won’t tell you and tells you to check it constantly as it changes a lot! I expressed my frustrations towards them and have explained that if they kept changing the schedule that people would leave and it hasn’t stopped so far I’ve heard 3 people quit because of the new owner.I was supposed to be full time and was not getting full time hours I was getting 32 to 28 hours a week they’d get me to come in on days I have taken off. When I got interviewed they said I would be full time working mornings only as I prefer the morning shifts and had told me I’d be working 7-3 everyday and they have not followed with what they said The rest of the employees are great! The one who operates it is not so great! I do not recommend anyone work here unless you don’t working with terrible management. I’d suggest McDonald’s anytime -

Pros

Great employees

Cons

Terrible management
Same location

OK place to work

old manager was not the greatest, things slowly are starting to get better which is good for everyone. store is a little disorganized but that will easily get fixed when the staff starting getting into a routine. would be a great place to apply if you want to work 24/7 and have absolutely no personal life. although management has gotten better, they still play favourites and will take advantage of you and make you work a schedule you don't like and insanely long hours and constantly complain about but they don't care.

One of my favourite jobs.

I liked my owner and my store manager. Great co-workers. Face paced job so time went by quick. My store did not have a drive through. I think thats why I liked it. They will make a young person a supervisor if they are strong customer service workers and hard workers. Negatives: They would send you home early when rush hour ends, a lot. Minimum wage. Didnt even get free food while at work. No discount unless you are working.

Pros

Looks great in a resume

Cons

Low pay and hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K
5.8K
4.8K
1.6K
1.5K

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Tim Hortons with

• Tim Hortons
  • A decent get your feet wet job, not a long term job.