Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Tim Hortons
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 June 2018
When I started working at Tim Hortons I never thought that it would be a lot of hard work considering the fact that it was my new job I stil wasn't prepared for the work they had me do. I was overnight shift and they wanted me to take orders and clean up within the time frame of my shift, sometimes it was hard considering the fact that I was up from 8 pm till 9 am my shift was from 11 pm till 7 am and I was always tired every time I went home. I enjoyed working with my co workers they were able to make me feel like I belonged there and I also enjoyed meeting and getting to know some of the customers.
Pros
amazing co workers!!!
Cons
long nights and hard shifts
fun workplace
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Lively, ON22 June 2018
good work environment nice people good management very friendly co worker salary wise location is great not stressful work place management is very good
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 June 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Tim Horton's but my window for choosing a career is closing, The staff and management team are amazing however the opportunities for advancement just are not there.
Pros
competeive wages and staff discounts as well as yearly bonuses
Cons
liitle room for advancment
Very Pleased
Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON22 June 2018
Management treated me great while motivating good work ethic. No complaints.
I enjoy working there, it makes me feel like i belong somewhere :):):):):)
Just a job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll22 June 2018
Hours were not great, was expected to run run run for low pay poorly managed at times. Expected to work some weekends, attendance policy was a joke. Worked under this conditions for far too long.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
hours, pay, treatment of employees
fast paced friendly enviornment
Full-time Night shift baker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 June 2018
Ensuring Guest's are provided with the Freshest Coffee, and other beverages that are requested upon order(s). I have learned that Listening to a Guest's wants and or needs is a huge factor especially when it comes to customer service. We aim to ensure that each and every guest leaves our restaurant with a small and ensuring that they will want to come back to our store as a regular customer.

The most difficult part of the job would have to bet the constant steadiness of repetitiveness that comes along with the job andt those busy peek times during the day; it can get to be quite busy and so we all have to work together to ensure that everyone is putting forth effort to ensure that we can work thru each and every guests order with accuracy and as well making sure they get what they ordered. I really enjoy the customers that I have built a relationship with, they always come back everyday with a big smile excited to chat with you while you are even making them something as simple as a coffee.
Pros
great co-workers and management team to work with
Cons
Good team work, had fun working with the team
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 June 2018
I learned that team work is important especially at busy hours. I learned how to be organize at my workplace, because when it got busy it was more easier to work properly and productive. Communication is important too especially who was working at the soup and sandwich area I need to communicate with the baker and all the team. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good team that made us a good friends.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, 30% with the foods
Cons
sometimes short hours and sometimes long hours
It’s alright
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON22 June 2018
Wasn’t my greatest experience. However if you are dying for hours, they will surely give them to you. No real concern for young adults going through school, which is their main group of employees.
Pros
Half off lunch
Cons
They eventually took away the half off lunch
Chaotic and Stressful
Night Shift/Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 June 2018
I found management at my store did not care about the staff as a general whole - my experience working nights became horrible due to the staffing choices of management. I would literally have to work with people who did nothing but slack off. There has been a lot of cases where my safety was compromised as well. Whether it been somebody leaving drive thru window locked open and walking away, not doubling check the back door is locked or properly locking up the front doors. I've had a situation where my co-worker forgot to check the bathrooms, so about 3 hours after locking up we've got some customer standing at the counter. Mind you this location is in a very bad area as well. Too many hotels and drug addicts in the area to easily compromise safety. Complaints to management did not take any affect until I got told by a regular that the weekend night staff was letting their personal friends inside AFTER CLOSING! Multiple complaints from customers, staff and lower management meant nothing to the higher up.
Équipe Dynamique et solide
Membre de gestion (Superviseur) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 June 2018
j'ai passer un bon plusieurs année travailler pour tim, et j'ai appris tellement de chose importante dans la vrai vie de travaille et surtout La compagnie DAMSAR inc qui m'as bien accueilli.
Pros
bon environnement
good work place.
Gerante (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 June 2018
i learned how to manage the time and work. but at some points they will stress you a little bit. I love to interact with my customers. and a good team work.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours sometimes.
Every day is an adventure. Great learning opportunity every single day.
Afternoon Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 June 2018
Work is always great every single day in Tim Hortons, a new task undertaken and also a new challenge everyday; which is why i love working for this great company.

Management is amazing and always supportive.
horrible
Storefront Member (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 June 2018
my experience with tim hortons was terrible. management doesnt seem to care about employees, only money. supervisors arent carefully trained, and staff environment was very toxic
Decent
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON21 June 2018
I didn't mind working at tims!! I actually liked smelling like coffee at the end of the day, and getting a discount on food lol. But the management was awful. Always let their favourite employees go home early when it was slow.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Management sucked
Productive Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
Supportive, friendly environment. Slightly overwhelming with a good amount of pressure applied. Responsibilities are equally divided, and taken care of with ambience.
Very great learning experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB21 June 2018
Tim Hortons, has helped increase my knowledge in terms of handling cash, working as a team to get the work done quickly and effectively. Working as a team is very important at Tim Hortons.
Pros
Being part of a team that is dedicated to customer service.
Cons
Failure to communicate leads to drive-thru breakdown.
gained a lot of experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 June 2018
i enjoyed working here after finishing highschool. i learned a lot about proper customer service and how to manage a team of associates. enjoyed seeing my daily regular customers
Very fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC21 June 2018
Tim Horton's was overall a good workplace. The co-workers were always great to get along with and they always had a good attitude and made working more fun. The only problem was that the customers were sometimes very difficult.
Pros
Free food on breaks
Where do i start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB21 June 2018
I'm not sure how it is now but it was a horrible place to work and we would go through employees impressively fast. its managed by two brothers who cant stand eachother and it seemed to ruin it and they were both extremely rude to employees depending who they liked more.
Very fast paced work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 June 2018
Tim Horton's is a very busy, fast paced environment to work in. If you're response to stress is to panic, probably best to look elsewhere as things get busy and don't stop.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K