Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Canada16,703 reviews

Found 16,703 reviews matching the searchSee all 20,187 reviews

soso

coworkers are fun to work with, stressful during mornings since there are many customers, low salary for the work that we do, benefits could be better

Fast paced

Good job for beginning and you learn lots like working in a team environment. There is a minimum wage job but if you work there long enough you can be promoted. There are several menu items to memorize

Insights into Tim Hortons

Based on 1,195 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Work

Tim hortons is a good place to work at if you are part time.the job pays really less and it usually is really stressful.plus if you don't have a good manager it sucks

Stressful

Training was really poor. There was no official training and manager would hack me if I didn't know something. Toxic environment and I felt like there was no support from management.

Baker

The job in itself was fine. As a baker, you maintain donut shelves, bagels, and other food items. Which is alright as you can learn the trends of the guests and have things prepared ahead of time. The structure from corporate to the individual stores are standardized and they don’t see the inefficiencies of trying to be that fast coffee place and having a giant menu - probably bigger than Starbucks at this point. Everyone suffers because corporate and franchise chain owners expect you to do more than one job at a time and write you up when you can’t keep up with it. It’s ridiculous.

Pros

Discounted Lunch Items

Cons

Management from corporate down to the franchisees.

Tim hortons is a great place

It is a great place to start and build your customer service skills, but to make it in Tim- Hortons you have to be firm with your demands and try to stand out from the other employees in order to progress.

Productive and fun environment

I really enjoy working here together with the friendly staff, the good management. I do really work hard. Some of the challenges are when I have to run back and forth to and from the freezer to bake. But the most enjoyable part of working here was the environment and the supportive staff

Fairly flexible shifts

Pros: Fairly flexible shifts. Gaining customer service experience. Cons: Standing for long hours even during slow periods with no customers. Overall good experience.

Cons

Standing long hours

They expect too much for what you're paid.

Head office is so out of touch with staff and it's customers. It would be beneficial if the head office employees actually worked in a restaurant. They seem to sweep most issues in the rug such as the labour issue cased by covid. I am a salaried employee. To make up for the staffing issues I work over 50 hours a week. There is no work life balance whatsoever. We are degraded at least once a day . We are sworn at by rude customers. Expect to work your butt off for minimum wage. If you are looking to work in a QSSR there are better options out there than Tim's

Pros

Coworkers become family

Cons

Long hours, under paid and no work life balance

Fine for Minimum Wage

It is what it is. Fast paced, can get lots of good hours. Never get paid enough for the hard work you’re doing. Management are always jerks, but your coworkers are normally fine

Productive, very busy, shift goes by fast. Very accommodating. Lots of fun and laughs.

Tim Hortons is the busy place I have ever work. If you love fast pace and you are a hard worker, management and owners acknowledge you and appreciate you very much.

Produtive and fast paced

Overall experience was good. You have to be fast; you have to work at counter and at drive thru too. Management was good. You have to do cleaning, dishwashing and all jobs assigned.

Stressful, but manageable

Worked there for about 6 months, experience was ok, got very stressful at times as we were pretty short staffed. Night shifts were ok as past 5:00 not to many people came in, made closing easier. Overall, if you're good at dealing with stress, this could be a great place to work!

Pros

Free drinks/pastries/bagels on shift

Cons

Very fast paced and stressful, Dealing with customers can be annoying

Awful and stressful

- no benefits whatsoever despite hours- stressful, unclean - No consideration for your mental health or wellbeing- not enough breaks (only 30 minutes for 8 hours according to company policy)POSITIVES: the coworkers and staff and managers are all very good people and treat you like family

Pros

Free coffee and tea and good staff

Cons

stressful, tiring, unclean, too many things to do, not enough breaks

Stressful, repetitive, grueling

I was a supervisor at Tim Hortons for 2 years. The pay was definitely not fair, especially for the amount of time and work they expect you to put in, and management was a mess most of the time. It's a nice "first job," but once you get the experience you desire (especially if you get promoted) it's easy to find a better job, or one that interests you slightly more.

Pros

friendly staff, strong teamwork

Cons

not worth the pay, inattentive to your needs

Coworkers are good, management is terrible

I had no issues with my other coworkers', they where kind, and worked extremely hard. However I had a lot of issues with management! Never respected anyone's availability, would often ask people to stay because of their lack of proper scheduling, managers would keep employees tips, often "forgot" to pay out holidays, we always had to ask. Making us stay to do work but punch out to do it?? The last straw was when I got promoted, then asked where my raise was a few weeks later since they said there would be a small delay, they told me I was never promoted! I had been preforming the new duties that came with my promotion, and they expected me to keep doing them without the pay raise. Beware the dreaded "we are a family here", it only counts when it suits them!

Pros

you get to work with lots of wonderful people

Cons

no respecting availability, lies, over worked, management is bad

Stressful Job!

Worst job to be in. Too much stress. Bad supervisors mostly, always treating employees as machines, no rest at all. Plus some bad customers make your whole day even worst.

Fast paced

It was ok. It was a minimum wage job. Stressful because we were always short staffed. I loved the people that I worked with. We supported one another, my manager was great. Top management seldom visit to help.

Pros

50% staff discount

Cons

Understaffed

Terrible pay, exhausting work

If you want to spend 7.5 hours working non-stop such that your hands and fingers hurt at the end of the day, all for minimum wage, definitely work there.

Job expectations keep increasing with no compensation

As a manager you are constantly on call and expected to put your life on hold for the company. The pay is ok but if you are offered salary it isn’t worth it for the 50 plus hours you need to work.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Long hours and weekend work

Tim hortons

tim hortons is a very faced paced environment, only work there if you enjoy small spaces that are crowded with a faced paced envienvironment. Overall not my favourite place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement