Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

worst job
Team member, customers (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 August 2018
As a new team, the role is continuously changing, but management's positive energy and great communication helps for an easy transition...................
Entry level
Tim Horton's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 August 2018
Tim Horton's is a fantastic entry level job, but not much else. Certain employees are heralded for being a thorn in the side of the hardest of workers, while those who put their all into their job are shafted. It is a great place to start, but perhaps not the best of choices for a career.
desagreable
Caissiere,Service à la clientèle,Superviseure (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC21 August 2018
ne savent pas se que le service a la clientele veut dire
productive and usually awesome co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC20 August 2018
Working at Tim Horton is extremely strict so for most people it is extremely demanding and not everyone can do it. You need speed, agility, strength and the most important ; multitasking.
Pros
free coffee while working
Cons
extremely demanding, constantly running and never ending stress
Busy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON20 August 2018
Tim Hortons was a great place to work very friendly and clean work environment. Tim Hortons is a place loved by all residents in the area and always kept us staff busy. My team and I always kept a fast moving drive thru but also in store lines.
Great place to start working and learn a work ethic and responsibility
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 August 2018
Working nights was mostly clean up and prep work for the following day. In between that was a few costumers coming in for late night coffee. As a supervisor it was a very fast paced and strenuous day. The manager was ill equipped for the job and frequently made her employees feel belittled. I learned on nights how to best utilize my time and keep my coworkers motivated throughout the night. as a supervisor I learned how to handle disagreements with authority and to put myself ahead of a job that could replace me in a week.
Pros
Free coffee, learning experience
Cons
Lack of sunlight, inexperienced and belittling management
Great team members
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2018
Long hours of working. The wage is not too good. But the most of the employees are good people and help each other. The most of the young people don't care about the job
Pros
fun place
Cons
poor wage
Basic work life
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 August 2018
The environment wasn’t always friendly but when you need help the managers and supervisors were there to help. The pay wasn’t that nice but it’s okay for a first job.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice place, but not for the long haul
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB20 August 2018
Tim Hortons was a nice employer at the time. As a part-time worker on the verge of graduating from high school, it was everything needed. Flexible hours (for the most part, except days I would be booked on school mornings). The employees who had experience were kind-hearted making the struggles of fast food work not as bad. I do not regret my work and time there, but I am also happy working in other places where management has my back. There were many occasions where management would blame part-time employees for mistakes made by them and abusive customers were given vouchers for causing scenes, often encouraging wild customer behaviors. I would hope things have changed since then, but I guess it's part of the job.
Pros
Discounted lunches, Friendly atmosphere, Flexible hours
Cons
No backbone, Crowded workplace
Good Starter job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 August 2018
Good company with flexible schedules and friendly owners and operators. Standards are high with food and cleanliness. Friendly work environment. Helpful training systems
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited Promotions
Fun workplace, loved the team members
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON20 August 2018
It help me learn management roles and with personal skills like time management. Scheduling became a issue at times, bu other then that it is a great place to start your job experiences and highly recommend applying to Tim Hortons
A day at work
Counter Staff and Drive Thru Window (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 August 2018
learned to work fast as a team I got into work generally worked for 4 hours it was slow at time but other times it was fast and had to keep up the pace in order to fulfill the time limits,
Pros
discount on food
Cons
store was dead alot
baker/storefront
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 August 2018
a great place with wonderful practice dealing with customers. managment was always helpful, and the tasks were always easy. hours were well molded to the student schedule as well.
Good and supportive team members
Team Member/Baker (Former Employee) –  2215 Erin Mills Parkway19 August 2018
This was a fun location. The team members supported me a lot when I was working in the early days. Management was also good. I learned a lot of Canadian coffee drinking habits.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Minimum wages
Tim Hortons
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 August 2018
Enjoyed working with the public, reasonable hours. Management found to be too young and a little unreasonable when it came to time off when my daughter was born
Great employment for students
Customer service (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2018
I do enjoy going to work each day but do not feel challenged in this job. I would like to find a job that challenges me. Since the increase in the minimum wage alot of the benifits and perks have been removed for example the benefits. I now have to work a year to recieve basic benefits instead of the usual 90 day waiting period thru the probation period.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
no benefits
Productive and fun working with a team mates with team work
Baker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2018
It's so nice to work in a fast paced environment with a productive and happy people and teammates, in different races. Also, I like the bosses they are so supportive and generous, handful and advisor.
Pros
all product are discounted other are free.
Cons
Long hours but lots of breaks
Not an ideal place to work
Baker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC18 August 2018
Baking and preparation for the morning shift, as well as cashiering

I learned how to multi-task within a kitchen environment as well as maintain a clean work environment.

Management was not prepared. Schedules were late and poor communication.

The workplace culture was good. Everybody there knew what they were doing and did it well. People were fun to work with and the best part of the job.

The hardest part of the job was bouncing between morning, day, and night shift with less than a day notice.

The best part of the job was working with good people and making a good impression on the customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor management
fast packed invirement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 August 2018
good work hours according to my avaliabiliy.they have good team,we work together and fun job .they make duties list that we need to follow. they rotation shift but not in morning.
Bon premier emploi
Serveuse et caissière (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC18 August 2018
Apprend à être efficace mais dépend du propriétaire si tu aime ou aime pas l'emploi. J'avais seulement 1 uniforme et je travaillais 5 jours semaine des quart de 8 h de travail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K