Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 15,988 reviews matching the search
We didn't have strong supervisor / management and therefore we worked in chaos most of the time. Very poorly run from the top.However, the job itself was great when we were properly staffed.
This job is mentally and physically hard on a person especially with any type of medical issues. The constant stress of more or less the people who you work with is terrible. The customers are the easiest part of the job and don’t make it as hard to work there as the coworkers do
Pros
50% off food and free coffee on shift
Cons
Too much stress for the amount paid
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. Everyone was wonderful to work with. The owners are very helpful.The customers were the best part of the job. It's a busy environment and I find time passing quickly. There is always something to learn which keeps the job interesting.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Hard to get full time
Its more fun and challenging , exploring and contributing ideas that will more improve the sales and working harmoniously with other team members and accepting daily difficulties dealing with customers that can make you tough and patient will make you become a strong and better petson.
On the 1st day of my training after washing my hands, they said, take order. Yes, you read correctly. No training structure. Just work like machine and they expected that you’re already aware about its menu so, you can take order. Are you fcuking kidding me!!?? To place an order and to take order from customer is different, they didn’t understand this normal common thing. Lack of management and never maintained cleanliness at all.
Pros
God knows
Cons
Stress and insult
Run like a chicken with your head cut off, doing 2 to 3 jobs while others are lazy. No raises, no paid breaks and not much appreciation. Worked there 12 years still at minimum wage.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Wage, to paid breaks, no discounts. Nothing
I have never worked for a company that had workplace bullying which made it a very toxic environment to work in. Management was told. It was the worst place to work
Pros
Met some life-long friends here! Was stressful at times but could always feel accomplished after a busy day. I would always try to accomplish a certain task associated with my position and give myself all day to finish it.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Stressful
Nothing much to say on the typical day of work once you get used to it. I like how fast-paced the environment is which makes me feel productive. I like how management gave me the opportunity to work in different areas of the store. It helped me to develop new skillsets. I feel that when you are at least a year at the store, there is a gray area in the responsibilities ranging from a team member, supervisor, and manager. Not sure if this is solvable but It would be great if it is clear to all 'who' is responsible for particular tasks such as (training, relaying information on new products, etc.). I guess I also learned that the job asks you to be self-reliant like finding the time to do trainings.
I hate it there because they put a lot of pressure, they don’t care about your mental health all they want it’s that you make money for them, and quickly plus they don’t pay as they’re supposed too and they do things that they’re not allowed like : not paying you at all or firing you with no reason so they just force you to sign a paper that says that you decided to quit. They will push you so hard to the edge till you want to quit , they will ask you why and instead of resolve the probleme they will give you the things you don’t want
Cons
Long hours, lot of pressure, you can start at like 5 am
Shifts can be hectic with a lot of people and stress. Staff is friendly. Customers can be rude to staff. Hardest part is end of day cleaning. Best part is the friendly regular customers.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Dealing with rude customers. Gets extremely busy causing stress.
I did not even last one week. The workers seemed very nice and helpful when I first met them, but that all changed during my first shift. Instead of training me, the workers would just yell at me for not knowing how to do anything. Then, when I asked how to do certain things, their responses would be very rude and completely unhelpful. Overall, a very bad experience.
Cons
Workers, bad training
This is the perfect place for a high-school or college student to try their hand at customer service. I was there for seven years, I can tell you it can prove challenging and stress-testing, but if you can make it here you'll make it anywhere.
Pros
Free coffee for staff
Cons
Fast-paced and demanding
training with pay. good place to work with. we are all one with are goals. helping each other when one is needed to be helped. co employees turn into family
Pros
employee discount
Cons
A typical day at work starts with you getting dressed into your Tim Hortons uniform and clocking in. After that it’s just endless chores/fast-paced work with almost no time for rest. On less busy days it is usually not this hectic but 8/10 it is too much work to do for minimum wage. The building i worked in was tiny and felt like a cage.
Pros
Close location to home
Cons
Busy, negative moods, awkward employees, lots of non-stop tasks
Great co workers and management, owners are hard to deal with, do unprofessional actions such as grab people by the arm and scream in their faces make them do stuffnoone has done before.
Pros
1/2 price break food
Cons
Owners are not very professional
Je crois que l'entreprise est recommendable de part sa notoriété et son implication envers la communauté , parcontre les salaire et les avantages sociaux des employes sont un peu ignorer (salaire minimum, aucun avantage sociaux ni assurance collective). Il est difficile de pensez a moyen long terme dans de conditions.
Cons
Pause et Lunch non remunere (Punch)
I've worked at Tims for 2 years now. The customers and environment make the job not fun at all but the employees are always great. The work needed to be done is way too much considering they pay minimum wage. I also work full time during the summer and I know that the managers and staff do not get benefits (at least at my branch). If you're looking for an in between job then I recommend this. Just don't stay here as your forever job. The discount sucks too. It's only 30% off when you're on the clock or coming for a shift. When leaving and going home, you need to pay full price.
Pros
Free HOT drinks
Cons
Customers make the environment terrible
Tim Hortons used to be a fun company to work for. They’ve created a negative opinion from consumers by over complicating things. Coffee, donuts, simple sandwiches are all that were needed and made the company greatBut now they want incredible drive through times, designer drinks, and a million different menu options all of which are available in the drive through . Makes zero sense,
Pros
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, zero gratitude from owners
It’s really a very good work place. It is little stressful tho but that’s okay because the co-workers are really helpful. We always help each other.
working here at first i loved it. good hours, nice people it was great. But as of late management could care less about staff. other team members gossip and were mean. it was always a stressful situation and i felt like i was fighting through everyday just to get through. they don't treat people the same and there's always a favourite.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
horrible environment
  1. Employee reviews