Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 11,563 reviews matching the search See all 13,696 reviews
ce que j'ai appris
Commis au service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC12 December 2018
J'ai appris à travailler vite et efficacement. De plus, ça m'a permis d'avantage à travailler en équipe en aidant mes collègues. Ensuite, ça m'a aidé à améliorer mon anglais. C'est vraiment une bonne expérience!
Pros
Rabais avec la nourriture, travaille en équipe
Cons
pauses courtes, beaucoup trop de pression
Great work atmosphere
Coffee Barista (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NB12 December 2018
I loved working there, my co-workers and managers were super friendly and very helpful. It was a great place to work. I had great training and they made everything as easy as possible to understand.
Pros
Half price everything during your shift, Free coffee
Cons
Not always busy
A good first job for a high school student.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON12 December 2018
They hire way too many people giving the older people who need the money to pay pills, less money and maybe one shift a week and sending them home after 2 hours of their shift.

My experience at Tim Hortons was a poor one, thats for sure.
I worked there for not even a year and they began screwing me over. Im a 16 year old living on their own, paying rent.. they gave me one shift a week (3-9pm) and sending me home after 2 hours (at 5pm) leaving me with $54 every month to pay my rent, if im lucky. There has been many times that they scheduled me to work, so i showed up and they told me that they gave my shift to someone else because they didnt actually expect me to show up.
Overall, im disappointed at Tim Hortons.
Pros
A teen job
Cons
Short shifts, no money.
Never again
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Thornton, ON12 December 2018
I've never regretted anything in my life nearly as much as working for Tim Horton's i worked there for two years and it was horrible management treat you like slaves and abuse you regularly i would not recommend it unless you have no other choice
environnement correct
Caissière au service à l'auto et au comptoir (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 December 2018
c'est un bon emploi pour débuter. une pause par quart de travail ce n'est pas assez.
Pros
30% de rabais
Cons
une pause de 30 minutes par shift
Being my first job as a new comer I enjoy working here
Baker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2018
As I am a baker working a back office I enjoy here sometimes busy trying to keep up the front staff from not slowing down to keep the customers waiting.

Even as a part time I am gaining Canadian experience with a friendly staff and helping each other to over come any obstacles that occurs during works and slow down the pace.
Pros
Free hot beverages & reduced rate on other items to keep up your belly.
Cons
sometimes long hours
Fast paced environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON11 December 2018
Very active environment on most occasions.
Learned how to do multiple tasks including those that were meant for those with a higher position than myself.
My experience with Tim Hortons
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montreal, a couple of locations11 December 2018
I really loved working at Tim Hortons honestly only for the fact that I get to speak with the clientele.
I loved making coffee and repeating my routine.
Pros
customer service
Cons
Rip off for lunches, they throw out all the food at the end of the day instead of giving to homeless people
Productive and fast paced work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 December 2018
It is a great place to work. Managing, hiring, coaching and training all staff. I learned extensive amounts of information on sales data, P & L's, labor cost, paper cost and waste costs. Management are great and there is always room to advance in the company.
Great Hours
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 December 2018
Gave great hours, worked around anything that was needed, good benefits, great people to work for. Very stable for someone who is looking for a part or full time job
People were alwayd friendly and willing to help where and when they can, they made sure you were comfortable at all times.
Front Counter and Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 December 2018
On a typical day, it was usually steady, we got our busy hours and our slow hours but typically pretty steady. I learned that teamwork and communication are a big part of working effectively. Management was okay, they did what they could but it would have been nice if they could help new workers with learning things more. You didn't have to worry about discrimination or bullying between workers, everyone helped each other out. The most enjoyable part was during a shift when you could have fun with who you were working with while getting stuff done, and not being too stressed out because you knew someone was always there for you.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Long hours, short and few breaks.
Work
kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Lachute, QC10 December 2018
Was a baker and barely had help when i needed if it was rushing.
Environnement de travail agreable grace a mes collegues seulement
Hotesse (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC10 December 2018
Il n y a aucun avantage a travailler chez Tim Hortons selon moi.
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Il y en a trop
Full time
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS10 December 2018
The place is great for making friends (your co-workers & some of the public. I loved the job itself but the supervisors at Enfield were very much bullies.
They say terrible things to there employees in front of customers. Once they fired a young lady out in the dining room.
Other that the supervisors it's a fast pace job, lots of heavy lifting. But I loved it.
Some of your co - workers will become long time friends.
If it wasn't for 2 supervisors, I would be still working there.
It dont matter how good you are, you could stop a robbery and you would never be given a thank you.
Pros
Lunches are half price. Free iniforms
Cons
Terrible supervisors, but it starts from the top.
Timmy
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 December 2018
First job in canada, was able to meet alot people.
Able to improve my english language.
Pay wasnt great, bearly surviving while studying, would not reccommend it.
Pros
people
Cons
low paying
Storefront/Trainer/Baker (Former Employee) –  toronto9 December 2018
Prepares, packages, and labels meals, entrees, salads, party trays, rotisserie chicken, ribs, sushi, and sliced meats and cheeses. Assembles take-and–bake pizzas.
It is ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Stephen, NB9 December 2018
some days are good, some are bad. Most of the managers can be extremely rude. Training is not usually done well. They want you to be able to do everything right away with no help
Careful of what your getting into
Serving customers in a quick and orderly fashion (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 December 2018
I have worked at 4 seoerate locations. That's 4 different stores, 4 different managers and 4 different owners. Some owners and managers will care about you and others will not they are mostly in this business because they couldn't do anything better with their lives and decided to make tomorrow Hortons there one stop shop. Don't get stuck here the work is stressful and not worth the pay. Your goin to be doing a million things are once and only getting the minimum pay. Really not worth it don't waste your lives here
Pros
Uhm what?
Cons
fun and enjoyable environment with high team spirit
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 December 2018
It was a great opportunity for me to start blending in with the new environment. I loved the team spirit where everyone works in harmony to serve the best product to the customers.
Interesting Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2018
This job is ideal for people who like staying busy as there's lots to do. It is great for individuals to grow confidence since you deal with all kinds of different customers!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

54K