Was just interviewed today and hired!
The interview process was very formal at the Tim Hortons I applied to. She came in with a piece of paper outlining all the questions, and we sat down at some empty chairs and went through them and she wrote down what I said.
Some of the questions were:
1. What does it mean to work in a team environment?
2. How can you be the most effective in a fast-paced environment?
3. A customer has spilled some coffee on the table and is very embarrassed about it. What should you do?
4. A customer is angry while you are taking their order and is ridiculing you. What should you do?
5. What are your hobbies and things you like to do in your spare time?
6. How old are you?
7. You are done your shift at 3pm but your replacement hasn't arrived yet. What should you do? (Don't just say wait - I said I would bring the problem to my supervisor's attention).
That's all I can really remember, it's not too hard, just use your common sense, smile, make eye contact, and you should get the job!
They were short staffed when I applied so I got hired on the spot. The interview was super easy as well. Keep in mind though that you're still not fully hired after the interview because you are on probation until the end of three months. They mostly just asked questions like "How did you hear about this position?" and "Why are you interested?" "What can you offer?" and super basic stuff.
They sit you down and ask you questions like “why did you apply here, what would you do if a costumer was mad at their order” and then she’s like any referral person I can call? So you give a close teachers name and number. Manager and assistant manager where very nice and made the interview easy :) told me I would get a call back soon.
Knowing and also understand what's the whole point of working as a team.
Answered - Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) - Hamilton, ON
They took me into the back witch they probably dont do often, and they proceed to ask me questions like why she we choose you over the other people applying
Answered - Baker (Former Employee) - Kitchener, ON
Resume and interview
Answered - Team Leader (Current Employee) - Brockville, ON
They ask about your experience and evaluate you as a customer handling person.
Answered - Customer service (Former Employee) - Richmond Hill, ON
Easy, swift, calming, and a nerve calming Interview.
Answered - Cashier (Former Employee) - Keswick, ON
Answered - Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) - Vernon, BC
Long and tedious repeated questions over and over
Answered - Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) - St. Albert, AB