Tilray Employee Review

Worst experience of my life
Shift leader, former employee (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 March 2019
A Horrible Work Environment

As a flower trimmer for Tilray I was forced to produce upwards of 10x the output of my senior co-workers under threat of termination. Tilray currently uses trimming machines to do the majority of the work, and the quota of one machine per day is what they expected each individual to trim by hand. I consider this to be treatment akin to a sweatshop In a third world country. I currently have a disability in my trimming hand and tendinitis due to these practices. I couldn't even complain to the better business bureau because tilray has you sign a six month non disclosure agreement.
This is also a toxic environment because Tilray hired many unqualified individuals with felonious cannabis cultivation as their only job experience. They supported those with no secondary education and used them to out their fellow employees who were more knowledgeable and made them look bad by comparison.
Pros
Cons
Toxic Environment

Other Tilray Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON20 May 2019
Tilray is the single most horrible place that I have ever worked. They claim to be transparent, but management and HR are belittling, back-stabbing and lie to get what they want. Manufacturing management/ supervisor is a joke. The harassment and bullying is constant. If you make a complaint, they will fire you.... but what they fire you for is something that they made up. Production management is no better. They play favourites and if you are one of the favourites you can get away with almost anything, but if you aren't, you get written up for the smallest thing. The only thing positive there, is some of the people who work there. Everyone trying to get through the day without being harassed.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
everything
Hard to explain until you work here, in a good way
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 May 2019
I have worked in a few other industries, and I can honestly say that Tilray has a great culture and most positions have amazing work-life balance. It is hard to explain what it is like working with so many positive people who care about their job, just not something you see in industry.

Due to being a fast paced, new industry, you should be fairly capable of handling stress if you choose to pursue a career here. The majority of people that I have watched leave in my time here have been either a) incapable of handling a moderate amount of stress or b) have been in their first "real" job and not figured out normal business demands and ethics, such as showing up on time (or at all).
The people who succeed here are passionate, non-jaded and driven to succeed while acting with integrity. If you take pride in your work and aren't afraid to take ownership of and learn from your mistakes, then you will enjoy joining a great family atmosphere. If you just want to punch a clock and do the bare minimum, don't waste your time - you won't last.
Pros
Everyone rows in the same direction
Cons
No guaranteed retirement program... yet.