Tilray Employee Review

Cool experience
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON28 September 2018
Was very excited to work here, I thought it would be an amazing opportunity to get in before the legalization date. I was SO wrong. They work you like slaves. The pay is pretty well minimum wage. You never get any kind of recognition for the work you do. It’s always “work harder” “work faster”. WHEN there is stuff to do, you stand in the same spot on the conveyor line on a hard cement floor, hunched over a conveyor belt for 10 hours a day. Most of the time there isn’t anything to do but they still make you come in...to do the janitors job, which the cleaners get upset about(because then they don’t have anything to do). They mostly just find odd jobs for you or send you to different departments, like the 40 degree greenhouse to sweep ALL DAY.
I wish I had positive things to say about this place, but it was really terrible.
Pros
4 days on, 3 days off, day shifts.
Cons
Basically minimum wage, lack of work, standing in the same spot on cement flooring all day long, bad management, make you work holidays.

Other Tilray Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON20 May 2019
Tilray is the single most horrible place that I have ever worked. They claim to be transparent, but management and HR are belittling, back-stabbing and lie to get what they want. Manufacturing management/ supervisor is a joke. The harassment and bullying is constant. If you make a complaint, they will fire you.... but what they fire you for is something that they made up. Production management is no better. They play favourites and if you are one of the favourites you can get away with almost anything, but if you aren't, you get written up for the smallest thing. The only thing positive there, is some of the people who work there. Everyone trying to get through the day without being harassed.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
everything
Hard to explain until you work here, in a good way
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 May 2019
I have worked in a few other industries, and I can honestly say that Tilray has a great culture and most positions have amazing work-life balance. It is hard to explain what it is like working with so many positive people who care about their job, just not something you see in industry.

Due to being a fast paced, new industry, you should be fairly capable of handling stress if you choose to pursue a career here. The majority of people that I have watched leave in my time here have been either a) incapable of handling a moderate amount of stress or b) have been in their first "real" job and not figured out normal business demands and ethics, such as showing up on time (or at all).
The people who succeed here are passionate, non-jaded and driven to succeed while acting with integrity. If you take pride in your work and aren't afraid to take ownership of and learn from your mistakes, then you will enjoy joining a great family atmosphere. If you just want to punch a clock and do the bare minimum, don't waste your time - you won't last.
Pros
Everyone rows in the same direction
Cons
No guaranteed retirement program... yet.