Tilray Employee Review

Worst Job Experience I’ve Ever Had
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 October 2018
I wish I was kidding. Tilray is the first job position I have ever actually ‘quit’ because of the horrendous work environment, and I’ve worked some terrible jobs and put up with some ridiculous things. They do not care about you at Tilray. If you aren’t already part of upper Management you get treated with little to no respect or like you don’t even matter. They claim to have ‘systems’ and ‘training’ in place... all my training was was given a stack of paperwork to read? No hands on work, hard to actually speak with anyone to ask questions because they belittle you and wonder why you’re asking anything. ‘Training Week’ was also a disaster in that they didn’t provide a schedule - having to consistently ask at the end of every day when you’re coming in the next day and getting told you can’t have a schedule yet.... makes no sense. I have never been spoken to in such a demeaning and belittling way than I was by ‘Management’ in this company. We all deserve better. In my short time there I seen so many employee change overs and now I’m not at all surprised why I CONSTANTLY see job postings for Tilray. Do yourself a favour, save your time and effort, and don’t apply. They aren’t worth it.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Disgusting Management, Zero to No Training, No schedule provided, Uncooperative HR

Other Tilray Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON20 May 2019
Tilray is the single most horrible place that I have ever worked. They claim to be transparent, but management and HR are belittling, back-stabbing and lie to get what they want. Manufacturing management/ supervisor is a joke. The harassment and bullying is constant. If you make a complaint, they will fire you.... but what they fire you for is something that they made up. Production management is no better. They play favourites and if you are one of the favourites you can get away with almost anything, but if you aren't, you get written up for the smallest thing. The only thing positive there, is some of the people who work there. Everyone trying to get through the day without being harassed.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
everything
Hard to explain until you work here, in a good way
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 May 2019
I have worked in a few other industries, and I can honestly say that Tilray has a great culture and most positions have amazing work-life balance. It is hard to explain what it is like working with so many positive people who care about their job, just not something you see in industry.

Due to being a fast paced, new industry, you should be fairly capable of handling stress if you choose to pursue a career here. The majority of people that I have watched leave in my time here have been either a) incapable of handling a moderate amount of stress or b) have been in their first "real" job and not figured out normal business demands and ethics, such as showing up on time (or at all).
The people who succeed here are passionate, non-jaded and driven to succeed while acting with integrity. If you take pride in your work and aren't afraid to take ownership of and learn from your mistakes, then you will enjoy joining a great family atmosphere. If you just want to punch a clock and do the bare minimum, don't waste your time - you won't last.
Pros
Everyone rows in the same direction
Cons
No guaranteed retirement program... yet.