Tilray

Tilray Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews
Management at the Director level is inadequate and uses antagonism as a means to attempt to progress. There were many interesting projects to work on but the insecurity of peers, created by management, resulted in an environment of animosity, which made it difficult to advance or complete any project. I experienced having Projects nearing completion, then shelved; a decision as such should have been made early on. Another experience was a separate team challenged to complete the same Project, rather than have everyone working on the same goal to attain a superior product.
Lack of experienced leadership at the upper levels of management make it an extremely challenging workplace where you have to spend way too much time on managing and navigating, egos and hidden agendas.
Pros
Good supply of Projects
Cons
Environment makes Project Management extremely difficult for PM's and BA's
Spare yourself the trauma
Tilray is a company that is all talk. They claim to care for their customers and employees but their actions prove otherwise. The job itself is a standard manufacturing job with mind numbing tasks. If you don't want to feel disposable than this is NOT the place for you. The HR manager is biased towards men. Some female employees have discovered that if you want to advance in the company than all you need to do is lie and file a fake harassment complaint. I have witnessed over 10 good men lose their jobs and reputation over fake claims. Everywhere from the Head of Security to a basic technician. And the worst part is that everyone knows these claims are lies. This is all enabled by the HR Manager. The Manufacturing manager and supervisors spend all day gossiping with their favourites and belittling and threatening anyone else. They break numerous cannabis laws and attempt to silence employees who speak up. If you don't be quiet, they'll make up a lie to fire you. Employees consistently voice concerns about the terrible bug infested/moldy product that Quality Assurance allows to pass just to fill orders. The Manufacuring manager told the concerned workers ”I would rather send out 100% of an order at 50% quality standards than only send 50% of the order at 100% quality standard”. As long as they get their money they'll happily sell mold. To sum things up everyone needs to stay away from this company before you're held responsible for their terrible decisions. Men, it is not worth having your reputation destroyed by a lie because their women want to destroy the glass ceiling. When - more...
Pros
Cons
Working here
Productive and well organised
It was excellent work experience. Every day there will be unexpected work received from other stakeholders, it was a fast-place work environment. I learned a lot as it was a totally new industry. However, I put my all knowledge to established the QC lab and trained, Coached those technicians, and provided a chemistry knowledge. I enjoyed working at Tilray. Workplace culture is very nice, nice people, very humble, Co-operative, and friendly.
Poorly managed and questionable decision making
Tilray is not a place I would recommend working to for anyone. Collaborating with certain difficult supervisors and managers is like pulling teeth and if you care about the product you produce, lots of the decisions will leave you frustrated. Compensation and benefits were standard. Upper management and executive roles make horrible decisions with a clear lack of awareness in daily operations with unrealistic goals and snarky attitudes. Will be honest - I do not expect Tilray to be around in 10 years time (or at least grown to a respectable level as previously thought)
Expect to be Lied to and Mistreated
While employed at High Park the manufacturing manager openly lied to multiple employees with no reprecussions, the HR manager is sexist and believes that a man accused is a man guilty and took 3 months time to perform a basic investigation into known harassment. Honestly they seem to have no idea what they are doing at any given time. They mistreat their employees and anyone with the nerve to stand up for themselves is terminated. Avoid unless you are simply looking for experience, or if you want to know what a bad job is so you can know in the future what a good job is.
Leave your human rights at the door
High Park in London does not abide by the core values they preach. They allow bullying, harrassment and for women to be disrespected and treated like trash to protect their fav employees. If you raise concerns be prepared to to be on their cut list. Major human rights issues being breached including racism against their foreign temp workers (often paid under the table) upper management in desperate need of an overhaul
Worst job I've ever had.
I was working here for a said amount of time and this was the worst job I've ever had. In the beginning was fun until they hired on the new production manager who screwed everything up. They claimed they knew what their doing, but they actually knew nothing.

They laid off a lot of good people and then lied about why they were laid off. Anyone who worked there knew the real truth about who was let go.

The manager for facilities was the nastiest, rudest person I have ever met. The manager for QA was extremely rude, and these two people combined didn't talk or associate with anyone below their paygrade. Not to mention smile.

Management treated us like garbage and heat breaks in the greenhouse permitted us to take a break at 38C/100F. Which is absolutely ridiculous. We're not even outside...were in a greenhouse.

The only real benefit from working there were the friends I made. I made a lot of really good friends I got to work with everyday.
Terrible work culture
Would not recommend - stay far away. There isn't any area in the company that is operating well. Company has gone through a few layoffs and there will probably be more.
Don’t work here.
Tilray likes to act like they care about their employees when at the end of the day the Do not like most employers. They like to talk about how amazing they are and how they lead the industry yet feed lies and push products that aren’t fit for market. While my supervisor and team were all great the upper management in the company as a whole is a joke. They like to feed you b.s. about working with you and blah bla, but st the end of the day if you want a job with security here isn’t the place.
Fast paced
As a global organization the work is fast paced and often last minute with timezones due to sites around the world they operate 24 hours a day. A lot of stress is normal in most positions and a self guided work culture.
OK place to work, but mismanaged
Tilray was a fun place to work when it was small, but as the industry grew, so did the egos. Overall, there are many people at Tilray that made it worth staying, but the company was very mismanaged which resulted in hundreds losing their jobs... Expectations were high, while benefits and compensation was low in relation to what was expected.
Will take advantage of and exploit any good workers
The job itself is not bad, taking care of plants is easy and quite relaxing.

The worst part about working here is the management and the constant backstabbing between coworkers just to attempt to get ahead, not to mention hypocrisy.

Your daily tasks mainly consist of taking care of the plants (transferring starter plants to veg/flower rooms, dealeafing, structuring/topping, and harvest, whatever needs to be done for the day) and cleaning/sanitizing the tools after a days work. From time to time you will be asked to help with IPM duties (putting out beneficial bugs or scouting for pests/disease in the plants).

The most important thing I learned while working at Tilray is how to *not* grow marijuana. Aside from a few things, everything they do is detrimental to the plants health and can result in pests or disease. The only benefit to actually working here is getting hands-on experience with marijuana plants and building your confidence with handling the plant.

You will be guaranteed to get sick because there are no proper, working temperature control units within the greenhouse, causing you to go from hot to cold temperatures frequently.

At one point they changed the criteria needed to require a heat break because they were not meeting production goals, thus forcing their workers to do labour intensive work in 38°C+.

Management is hypocritical beyond belief. A new protocol was once introduced, and everyone was told there was "no tolerance" for breaking this new protocol, and it was "immediate termination" for anyone caught doing so. Literally the next day,
 - more...
Good place to learn and grow
Good place to learn and grow. Hopefully better things to come! Started off a little bumpy, but things are slowly getting better. I hope to stay here for many years to come, but we will see what is in store for us all!
A great place to work great people
Great place to work a management is all so cool about everything. It's like a second family. They are Always so understanding about what goes on in life if something comes up no problem adjusting and giving you a day off. Great benefits, good pay. I love it. Those that have bad things to say are bitter and didn't make it through because they likely had a bad attitude.
This place was 0 out of 10
Management = horrible
The only good part was the people, but the way the company holds itself together looks like the way a child tried to glue two mismatched pieces of paper together.

This company is a joke
Tough jobs but potentially rewarding
The culture is evolving; it has great strengths (dedication of the team, diverse job roles, and mobility options) but asks a lot of you in return. I would recommend the workplace to a driven, ambitious and brave individual with very few other (time) obligations.
Fast Paced, good benefits
Great place to work. Very fast paced, labour intensive work, decent pay, good benefits. Very repetitive work. Most people are great to work with. Not much room for movement.
Worst place to work
During my work at High Park I had so much stress that it affected my health and personal life so badly that I still have nightmares about it. I am so glad that I left the company now I have good work life balance, less stress and high motivation to work.The pay well but you can’t buy someone’s life with money. The major problem is on Middle management. High Park promoted less experience people so quickly - with just 2 - 3 experience people are supervisor or head. That’s a joke, because of their less experience and incompetence they cannot deal with their subordinates and don’t give them respect. They try to micromanage everyone because they don’t have experience to judge them by reports or by experience and don’t trust them. I will only recommend High Park to those who can bend down to less experience people and have no personal life, to a person who have no family, Girlfriend, hobbies etc because you can forget about these things while working at High Park. They will make your life so terrible that you won’t even think about your life. Its like working at h ell.
Toxic Management, Fun coworkers.
I was a production tech, so I tended to work in a team on a rotating shift. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and had good managers. Upper management was not in control.
Fun workplace
Fun workplace with work life balance. Good location, multiple offices. Travel opportunities. New industry, new learning. Learned new project reporting tools like Smartsheets and Confluence.
Not a good place to work
HR is horrible and acts as though she is the CEO she is constantly doing investigations on people there is bullying and negative threats from one particular employee no communication whatsoever liked working 4days a week with an option to work full time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tilray. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5