Tilray Employee Reviews

Best job I've ever had
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 December 2018
I've been here for over 6 months now. I felt I received adequate training to excel at my job, questions I've had are answered, and extra training I've request has been received. Management is easy to talk to, people are warm and friendly in every department. Work culture is positive and engaging, and the upper management makes a point to engage with all levels of the company on a regular basis to keep people feeling invested and appreciated. You get what you put into it. This company is going places, the CEO has a real vision and I am proud to work here.
Pros
Snacks, benefits, paid time off, great work culture
Cons
I haven't encountered any
Great place to start or further a career
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 December 2018
I have worked at Tilray for 4+ years and have been given every opportunity to further my career, and have done so. There is a lot of negative feedback, but it is simply not valid.

Good Wage,
Good Benefits,
Opportunities for those who are willing to work hard and put in their time.
Pros
Breakfast program, benefits, staff functions, good culture
Cons
Work life balance can be tricky
Exciting and Rewarding
Manager (Current Employee) –  Petrolia, ON5 December 2018
A day in the life at the Petrolia facility is also very exciting. Never a dull moment. The entire team is very dedicated and passionate about what they do. It is a start up that is building a warm, welcoming and supportive culture. There are also challenges that come with a start up, but it is what makes it exciting, knowing that all employees are involved in building something amazing.
Pros
great benefits, amazing staff
You get out of it what you put in.
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 December 2018
I’ve read some pretty negative reviews about working at Tilray. I must say there is a lot of misinformation out there. To those who say they do not train, if you want to be trained on a certain device or machine, you do whatever you can to learn it as quickly as possible, and pretty soon you’re the guy training everyone else. Which shows leadership and initiative to take a chance on learning something new. As long as you’re willing to admit your own ignorance and/or limitations, they are more than willing to work with you. I have not found a team leader to be overly negative about anything, or bullying, or stressed. I have been searching for this kind of camaraderie of hardworking teammates and leads my whole life. I have been treated fairly when I have made mistakes, and praised when I’ve done well. I highly recommend Tilray as a workplace. Things move quickly for people who act, think and learn quickly. Not so much for people who constantly slack off and do as little as possible. Like I said, you get out what you put in. My lead’s boss started in my position 2 years ago! My new friend has been working there 3 months and is already an Alternate Lead! How did he do it? Learned as much as he could as quickly as he could and started training others. You will get recognized for hard, honest work, but you’ve got to have a passion for medicinal cannabis, and caring for our patients.
Pros
4 ten hour shifts a week, 3 day weekend every week
Cons
Ill let you know when I find some.
Not a nice place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 September 2018
Tilray lacks in training. They claim to have a system in place, but this is not true. I worked there for more then 12 months and was only given documents to read on every procedure. There was no one on one training, or follow ups. They just place you with the team and you get to work. Yet they have very high expectations and hold the workers responsible if any mistakes are made. HR is completely for the company and protects upper management. Not only was I bullied, but I witnessed many other get verbally abused and bullied, and when these issues were taken to HR it quickly got swept under the rug and many time resulting in the victims getting let go. They also maintain being understaffed, and continuously over work their employees. Being busy is good, and overtime is good, but when your employees are sick, mentally ill, stressed, not getting sleep and not eating, you are over working them. This is not a good work culture to be in. There are many great people who work here, and some amazing job opportunities, just remember that they pay well because you will not get trained, you will be doing 3 peoples jobs, and you will be looked down upon and put on the "less reliable" list if you don't work every second of overtime that they ask.
Pros
Starting wage, health benefits, good experience working for an LP
Cons
work culture, over worked, poor training, unreliable HR, terrible communication between supervisors and managers, and favoritism
Cool experience
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON28 September 2018
Was very excited to work here, I thought it would be an amazing opportunity to get in before the legalization date. I was SO wrong. They work you like slaves. The pay is pretty well minimum wage. You never get any kind of recognition for the work you do. It’s always “work harder” “work faster”. WHEN there is stuff to do, you stand in the same spot on the conveyor line on a hard cement floor, hunched over a conveyor belt for 10 hours a day. Most of the time there isn’t anything to do but they still make you come in...to do the janitors job, which the cleaners get upset about(because then they don’t have anything to do). They mostly just find odd jobs for you or send you to different departments, like the 40 degree greenhouse to sweep ALL DAY.
I wish I had positive things to say about this place, but it was really terrible.
Pros
4 days on, 3 days off, day shifts.
Cons
Basically minimum wage, lack of work, standing in the same spot on cement flooring all day long, bad management, make you work holidays.
Great Company with Great Culture
Management (Current Employee) –  Petrolia, ON6 December 2018
High Park/Tilray is an amazing company to work for. All employees from the executive to technicians are very dedicated and passionate about what they do each and every day.

The Ontario facilities are new and building a great culture is at the forefront of all employees. There is a very large focus on employee engagement to ensure all feel welcomed and have a voice.

Being new brings challenges and very busy days, however with that it is exciting knowing that no two days are ever the same.

Being part of a new company in a new industry and building a team with passion for common goals makes working for this company amazing!
Pros
Great Culture, Employee Engagement, Team Work Focused
very poor wage, no training, no opportunities in promotion
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 November 2018
They lacks in training. Their training means just to read Standard operation procedures on every procedure , and you get to work.
Starting was minimum wage. Poor connection between management and workers.
No career development plan
Pros
Health benefit
cool experience, poor everything else
production lead (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 November 2018
Starting was basically minimum wage. Poor connectivity between management and workers. Favoritism between supervisors and individuals on their team. Overall it was a good view into the LP system but would not recommend to anyone with half a brain.

Hardest part of the job was trying to look busy while supervisor tried to pull his head out of his own derriere.

Rumors of inappropriate conduct between supervisor and team members. ( older man with younger girl)
Pros
cannabis everywhere
Cons
everything else
Unprofessional management who will belittle & threaten you!
Trimming technician (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON30 September 2018
A contemptible place to work. Management is largely incompetent and without education or training in how to treat people with basic decency. Managers will make vague or veiled threats and treat workers like serfs or peasants. It's pretty much the entire gamut of managers, as well -- all seemed thoroughly unprofessional and disinterested in learning how to manage, treat people with dignity and respect etc.

As well, there is a great deal of downtime due, ostensibly, to managerial incompetence, ignorance and inexperience. This will lead to being sent home early and frequently, and making under the 32k/year they are so very gracious and magnanimous to offer. In the event they don't send you home, they will make you perform pointless busy work that is not in your job description and will also ridicule you while you do it. Cleaning toilets is one of their favourite make work tasks and so too is pulling weeds.

With regard to performing the actual work, it is long hours and a lot of repetitive motions. If you value your physical health, then this is a job you wouldn't want to do for more than a few months -- provided you're OK with the managerial mind games and bullying tactics?

All told: high park farms is a gig of the lowest order, to be used to extract a little quid and then tossed out like the cheap, disposable harlot of a job she is.
Pros
Hmm can't think of any.
Cons
Toxic work environment, incompetent managers, repetitive motions, low pay
Progressive Company, Flexing in a Unknown Industry
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2019
I have worked at Tilray/High Park Toronto head office since October 2018. Being in a unique role that works on both medical (Tilray) and recreational (High Park) brands -- I get to see the best of both sides. This is a FAST paced company, that is reacting to their industry changes -- and thus far have accomplished those with finesse.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours, Work From Home Policy, Strong Leadership Team, Young and Eager Employees, Free Food/Snacks
Cons
Open Concept is Loud at Times, Ever Changing Industry Can Cause Duplicate Work
Worst Job Experience I’ve Ever Had
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 October 2018
I wish I was kidding. Tilray is the first job position I have ever actually ‘quit’ because of the horrendous work environment, and I’ve worked some terrible jobs and put up with some ridiculous things. They do not care about you at Tilray. If you aren’t already part of upper Management you get treated with little to no respect or like you don’t even matter. They claim to have ‘systems’ and ‘training’ in place... all my training was was given a stack of paperwork to read? No hands on work, hard to actually speak with anyone to ask questions because they belittle you and wonder why you’re asking anything. ‘Training Week’ was also a disaster in that they didn’t provide a schedule - having to consistently ask at the end of every day when you’re coming in the next day and getting told you can’t have a schedule yet.... makes no sense. I have never been spoken to in such a demeaning and belittling way than I was by ‘Management’ in this company. We all deserve better. In my short time there I seen so many employee change overs and now I’m not at all surprised why I CONSTANTLY see job postings for Tilray. Do yourself a favour, save your time and effort, and don’t apply. They aren’t worth it.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Disgusting Management, Zero to No Training, No schedule provided, Uncooperative HR
Great place to work if you are not in manufacturing.
Not being disclosed. (Current Employee) –  Petrolia, ON6 December 2018
Everyone except the manufacturing supervisors are great to work for, everyone is laid back and approchable. They try to do what ever they can to make your job the best it can be. I love working here and it makes me sad to know bosses have not made efforts to change the way some people treat others.
Productive working place
Plant Management Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 April 2018
Best place to work in central Island. More than 300 employee currently working here in Nanaimo, Good environment with a lot of facilities for the employee i.e. lunch once a week, breakfast everyday, snacks all time, MSP coverage etc.