TILLSONBURG DISTRICT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

TILLSONBURG DISTRICT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Unionized culture

There are pros and cons to working within a union setting. There is plenty departmental drama. The bullies and slackers have job protection. Management has a difficult time dealing with all the drama and disciplining more effectively. I find long time workers at TDMH have lost their ability to be great full for their employment and take advantage of the system.

Pros

Pension and pay

Cons

Unionized

Great Work!

I adored my short time employed with TDMH. Working as a PSW there was an absolute pleasure. The PSW's work under temporary contract, so employment isn't certain to be continued. However, it is a wonderful working experience. The nurses were nothing but kind to me during my employment and taught me as much as they possibly could within my scope of practice. I look forward to being with them again in the future!

Insights into TILLSONBURG DISTRICT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Worst Interview Experience

I do not recommend interviewing with Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital or Alexandra Hospital in Ingersoll. The HR Director and HR Advisor were very unprofessional in the interview and rushed through it. You could tell that they already had their chosen candidate and the interview I had with them was just to show they did their due diligence in the interview process. I have never been in an interview where two HR professionals seemed so disinterested and did not even bother to probe or use follow up questions to learn more about my experience. After every response I gave I received an "uh-huh, next question". After all the interview questions were asked, the HR Director pulled out his cell phone and did not look up from it as I was thanking them for the interview. Super unprofessional and a humiliating experience. In addition, they said they would get back to me in a week with how they were proceeding with my application and I have not heard from them and it has been over three weeks! The HR department is poor at these two hospitals and is in need of major improvements.

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional HR Department

Would not recommend

Brutal work environment. Terrible staffing issues. Management very dismissive when you raise concerns. Bullies for nurses. ER warx clerk thinks she owns the place. Non progressive environment.

I liked my job at Tillsonburg hospital ...people were great . Lots of hours if you wanted them . Part time is what I worked . The job was close to my home ... free parking for now . Food in cafeteria was very good . People were very caring and helpful .

Unsafe workplace

Unsafe workplace No practice for PPE, Infection control Racist coworkers. Run by local staffs and they think its their family run bussiness. You put your license at risk by working here.

Slow process

Poor communication with potential employees. Poor communication with human resources. Slow response to follow up . Postings set up for failure. Postings are deliberately misleading.

Better Support Elsewhere

I don't recommend working here, management is very poor. Constant unresolved workplace harassment- both vertically and from management. Very unsafe overall.

student

had a great placement at the tillsonburg hospital everyone was more then willing to teach and help when needed great patient interaction everyone wanting the best care for patients

Good team of Nurses

Our nursing team fosters a supportive environment, we have a wide variety of clients that we look after varying in age. There is an active acute medical/surgical floor that is always something going on.

Supportive workplace with room to grow

I was able to grow and further my nursing career with TDMH. The community and co-workers within the building itself is half of the reason I love to come to work everyday.

Friendly atmosphere

During my brief time at TDMH, I was accepted by the majority of the housekeeping staff and other departments such as nursing, administration, volunteers and the like. Generally speaking TDMH if a family oriented facility in which your coworkers look out for eachother, with maybe a few exceptions. Training is adequate but desperate times called for desperate measures requiring some to perform duties not properly trained for.

Excellent

Excellent environment, supportive team members. Client care is at the centre of the everyday management. Busy units with complex issues arising. Many different resources to assist staff.

Many Staffing issues

Often working short staffed, not much incentive for part time staff as many of the shifts are on a call in basis. This can be very stressful when it comes to paying bills, planning a budget ect.

tillsonburg hospital

I learned a lot from other employees and technologists. Working in the emergency room was the best part of my time there. You never knew what was going to happen next, I had to be fast, efficient, and compassionate. My 8 hours or so a day was rarely spent with nothing to do. Which is what I strive for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TILLSONBURG DISTRICT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement