Tigercat Industries
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Tigercat Industries Employee Reviews

Canada96 reviews

laysupervisorshiftworkerweeklongpeoplebenefit

Overall good place to work, enjoy coworkers and supervisors

Enjoy my job on the floor welding, good supervisors (most) don’t understand how newer HR can never be onsite to work, hard to communicate to her, easier to connect with the other one.

Good work place .

People are very helpful and great to get along with I would go back anytime . They help you with learning and give you many opportunities where you like to go from Job to Job in the plant .

Insights into Tigercat Industries

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Professional,helpful,enthusiastic,energetic.

Productive and fun work placeFriendly and helpfulPromote from within.Join us today you will see a better future tomorrow. If you are motivated and willing to learn we will train.saftey and productivity is job #1,the sky is the limit we promote not demote.our HR team will steer you in the right direction based on your skill set however there's no limit that's not attainable if you are punctual and ambitious and motivated. Jion us today so you can have a better tomorrow.

Pros

Overtime after 8 hrs

Cons

Communication

Great workplace. Awesome people

Very happy to call tigercat my new career. I wish I would have come sooner. 3 weeks vacation to start. Pretty great benefits. Easy going management. Some days are hectic like most jobs. We put the work in and it shows.

Pros

Benefits. Rrsp plan. Great co-workers.

Fun work place good ppl and all around excellent work place.

Great place to work. Good ppl and excellent benefits . Lots of social interaction and company provides great out of work activities. All around good place

Tigercat is a rewarding place to work with a good work life balance

If you're the type of person who learns fast and likes to be part of a supportive team Tigercat is a great place to work.Different production and engineering groups are segmented and siloed, and could benefit from tighter integration. efforts to standardize practices across groups are making progress.

Pros

Supportive work environment, good life balance

Cons

Production and Engineering groups can get out of sync sometimes

It is a Great place to work!

If you focus on doing your job well you will do great ! They provide RRSP Incentives. They have good Benifits and are always trying to make things better.

Pros

They so provide incentives as a group if they reach certain goals!, They also have voluntary overtime.

Expect to know your job 100% with 70% training

Just as the title says. You will NOT receive enough training before they leave you on your own.Then they keep track of your mistakes by posting them on a board above your personal work station. Then they will use these numbers against you when it comes time for a raise.Dental is goodVision is a jokePay is somewhat fair

Pros

You work the same shift consistently

Cons

Poor management, poor tracking of training practices and proper allowment to learn the job properly.

Lots of opportunity here for people who want to work. Could be better organized. Pay is competitive based on skill level, attitude, attendance, etc. Facility is excellent.

Great company to weld for.

Welded for half a year here! Needed a break from the trades and went back to school. Great people, great environment. HUGE emphasis on safety and keeping employees happy.

Good workplace with work/life balance

Everyone are nice people and will always try to help you when you need something. The management system are not great but the company are doing its best to make it better.

Great people Great Company

The people are great the management is outstanding and the overall work environment is great. Some parts shortages due to covid. And you have many opportunities to advance with tigercat

Not a stressful job. supervisor easy to get along with. and management is fair

One of the best companies I’ve worked for. Raises every six months. Great benefits. Profit sharing. Three weeks vacation to start. Lots of room for advancement. The owner is very generous with Christmas parties for the kids and adult Christmas party which is I was great. I’ve been there 11 years and I have nothing bad to say about it

Management needs a major improvement, and employees deserve more respect.

My time at Tigercat started out well, and I was proud to tell people I worked there. Over time, I noticed the favouritism, clouded judgment, and lack of respect coming from upper management/HR towards employees. At previous companies, and in all of my positions, I have only ever been known as a dedicated employee who goes above and beyond when it comes to my roles. I’m optimistic, regularly beat job times, and maintain great relationships with colleagues. It is not the norm for me to dislike my job, but I found myself leaving on a Friday already dreading having to return on the following Monday, waking up for work was a constant struggle. After some thought and consideration, I can tie it to the above statements about upper management and HR. The company has defined policies in most areas, but they are only followed when it best suits the company. Decisions are often made by doing what is easiest, not what is ethical or consistent with past decisions. As a Supervisor, you are micromanaged by upper management, making it clear that they do not trust their team to perform their duties and responsibilities. There is a huge lack of transparency in addition to a lack of communication. Frequently team members were laid off, terminated or moved to a different department without their direct Supervisor having any notice at all. We found out the day it was happening or at times, when we received text messages after the fact from confused employees about the decision. Over a two-year period, the Woodstock location had five different HR reps, substantially adding to the inconsistency -

Pros

good pay, great benefits

Cons

long hours, poor management, decreased morale

Excellent company with unlimited potential.

I worked there a long time ago and at that time they offered good pay, good benefits and just an overall great place to work. If your willing to work hard you will get recognized and rewarded for your efforts. From what I hear they still offer the same. This is a family owned business that values its employees.

Pros

pay, benefits, pension plan, family time is priority

great place at one time, HR rules now.

everyone is trying to get you fired, even if they dont fire a lot of people. it is just the peoples attitudes. look for parts the place was a mess product everywhere

Pros

free bbq profit sharing, raises every 6 months till you make to much money then they move on from you.

Cons

no clear vision, same thing over and over again

Don't go work chassis

Good place to start or retire I wouldn't want to spend my whole life here. Don't learn much other then MCAW and you fit with fixtures and jigs so pretty easy after awhile

Pros

Easy work

Horrible management and favouritism

By far the most unjust place I’ve ever worked. No skill needed as long as your a yes man and don’t stir the pot you will fit right in any issues come up better keep them too your self for fear of losing your job. All work performance and raises are based off how buddy buddy you are with your supervisor not your work ethic or skill at all save your self the headache this company preaches they are all about the workers but that’s the farthest thing from the truth.

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Supervisors clueless and unfair.

Used to be a great company.

Company got too big too fast. Strict tact times now make it a poor work environment. Managers have no idea how to motivate employees they just want numbers. The company has no problem pushing aside senior employees to get cheaper new employees to work .

Pros

Talk a great game

Cons

It’s all BS

Good place to work and climb the raise ladder was easy, at least for me. No rushing and or management hovering over you. That only happens when you are not doing the job at hand. Pay was better than average

Great place to learn

With the ever changing environment here there is lots of opportunity to learn and expand your competence in what ever field you choose to work in within Tigercat. The company also utilizes their expertise to develop new and improve existing products to ensure that the highest quality equipment is made to meet the needs of the customers.

Pros

benefits, profit sharing program, employee social program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tigercat Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement