Tigercat Industries Employee Reviews

The best employer I have ever workwd for
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Paris, ON22 November 2019
From day one I was treated like family. My manager provided endless training and answered all my questions as I started my new role. My manager also took advantage of my expertise to make improvements to our processes. This allowed our team to become more efficient and produce better work. He is a true leader. You work with great people who are always willing to assist you. I enjoy going to work.
Great place to work!
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Paris, ON20 November 2019
I have been an assembler for alomst 4 years. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. Sure there are ups and down and you can still get all kinds of personalities but if you work hard, get a long and do a good job you are rewarded. the people who don't care about quality or have attitude problems can bring people down but eventually they are let go. some people think they lay off alot but usually its the bad people that go and it makes a better place. 3 weeks of vacation to start and really good benefits.
Good work environment.
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 November 2019
A typical day begins logging onto the job for the day and begin fitting, and welding the product. I've learned a lot of tips and tricks from fitting to welding. I've also learned a lot about being in a leadership role. The hardest part of the job is building a product that has never been made before. That is also the most enjoyable part for me.
Decent place to work if you're after something easy
Blaster (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 November 2019
Management is very disorganized and supervisor's are inexperienced an lazy. Favoritism and negativity corrupts the workplace. Worst part of the job was seeing everyone stand around and do nothing while you slave away for less money.
Management is a joke
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON21 October 2019
Worked in Paris, co-employees are great. When applying for internal jobs, sometimes there are 6 month waits for said job, allow people to apply after interviews have already started. Its really more of a popularity contest. Building manager is delusional !! Don't rock the boat or have your own ideas here. They want sheep, put your head down and do as you are told.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Paris ontario12 September 2019
Have to continuously be working and cleaning in a factory environment and take initiative to find stuff to do and stay busy because it is an independent job.
Pros
Independent
Good work place just keep to yourself
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON3 September 2019
I worked swing shift for six months. Loved working there and did a very good job. Unfortunately had some issues with being bullied and because I was a custodian and didn't not work on the line I felt I was not valued as much as the person who was being the bully, who worked on the line.
Besides that experience just work hard and keep to yourself. If you run into issues try to go directly to HR instead of trying to deal with it yourself.
HR is not fair
Blaster (Former Employee) –  Woodstock20 June 2019
I worked at the woodstock plant. I was early every day, never missed a day. Was being harassed for 2 weeks, had enough, told HR. I told them i want a paper saying that i did nothing wrong and that i was the one being harassed or im going to have to give you my 2 weeks notice. They accepted my 2 weeks notice because they didnt want to get the other guys in trouble. I worked like a dog every day and was being harassed and they have the other guys back. Tigercat is one big family everyone there is related to someone who works there. If your not related to anyone there. They dont care about you. Do NOT recommend Tigercat for anyonee.!!!
Pros
Money
Cons
HR is not fair
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON Brantford3 April 2019
Good place to work. If your not looking to go the extra mile then your raise will be minimal. multiple jobs that come up example doing deliveries of cabs or helping with others was always fun. Employees were usually good couple sour apples. Management was good if you needed anything or needed some flexibility
Pros
Family and work balance
Cons
Hot place during the summer
Great Place to work!
Welder (Current Employee) –  Industrial Drive Cambridge27 March 2019
Tigercat is a fantastic place to work! Great supervisors, great co-workers. They teach you, and help you progress in your position. Pay and benefits packages are more than fair. I have never heard anything but great things about the owner himself, and there are many great co-workers whom are willing to help you learn. Quality is taken very seriously, which makes you strive for excellence. At the end of the day, you are proud of your work.
Pros
Grest Work environment
Great experience
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON7 March 2019
I had the pleasure of working with a great team and learning a lot. It is a fast-paced and growth environment. The company values hard work, dedication and ideas to improve processes and increase efficiency and productivity. Very family friendly and great work-life balance.
good
Welder assembler (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 February 2019
good place to work with lots of training and benefits. the people are nice and family events are great. many shifts available within the company and advancement.
Great environment with good people
Planner/Design Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON8 November 2018
The company as a whole is a fantastic place. I highly recommend working for Tigercat for anyone who is looking to get into a great company, with a healthy work environment. Management is nothing if not fair, and all employees are dedicated to the work.
Amazing job!
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 October 2018
Amazing place to work - they're a fantastic company who truly care about their employees! Supervisors are great, colleagues are great, and they treat their employees with respect.
Great place to work!
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 August 2018
This is a great company, they have excellent wages with reviews/raises every 6 months. Work available on both shifts. Never had a benefit package as good as the one here. Lots of room for advancement, if you are willing to learn, they will try and teach you the job. With so many plants located in such a small area, opportunities to transfer are regular. Most people are happy working here, the bad reviews I suspect are from poor quality workers or personalities.
Pros
great wage structure, benefits and work environment
Cons
fluctuating market/production schedule
Great colleagues but management doesn't like change and has a hard time accepting suggestions
Value Stream Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON18 July 2018
Great colleagues to work with. Everyone is very helpful and easy going. The downside is that moving out of the Value Stream Leader/Production Planner role into something else is non-existent and not encouraged.
Cons
Advancement isn't easy and managerial decisions take long
Fast pace environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 June 2018
Fast pace environment, assembly line work. Extensive blue print reading including wiring prints. Lots of problem solving and coming up with new and easier ways of completing tasks. Good quality department ensuring nothing leaves without being in the best condition it could be.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Job wages
The pay is enticing...but it needs to be!
Cycle Counter (Inventory) (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON31 March 2018
This company seems to like its 'cliques'...If you do not find one early and remain in it...you wont last long :/ I was not happy after a year of employment here and I started looking for different employment.
Pros
Good pay and lots of overtime available
Cons
Too 'clique' oriented
great place to work
Welder (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON1 February 2018
I enjoy working with the people at Tigercat. I work three days a week, which is great because I get to spend more time with my family. Some of the jobs can get very hot, especially in the summer time. I Have learned ALOT working here.
Pros
lunches, pay, shift, friendly environment, profit sharing
Great place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 January 2018
One of the best places I've ever worked. For such a large company they really do take care of their employees. You can easily begin to feel like a number in such a large pool of employees. And some of the managers are a bit on the egotistical side. But, overall it's a great place to work.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Repetetive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tigercat Industries. Our community is ready to answer.