Tigercat Industries

Tigercat Industries Employee Reviews

Great place to learn

With the ever changing environment here there is lots of opportunity to learn and expand your competence in what ever field you choose to work in within Tigercat. The company also utilizes their expertise to develop new and improve existing products to ensure that the highest quality equipment is made to meet the needs of the customers.

Pros

benefits, profit sharing program, employee social program

Horrible management and favouritism

By far the most unjust place I’ve ever worked. No skill needed as long as your a yes man and don’t stir the pot you will fit right in any issues come up better keep them too your self for fear of losing your job. All work performance and raises are based off how buddy buddy you are with your supervisor not your work ethic or skill at all save your self the headache this company preaches they are all about the workers but that’s the farthest thing from the truth.

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Supervisors clueless and unfair.

Used to be a great company.

Company got too big too fast. Strict tact times now make it a poor work environment. Managers have no idea how to motivate employees they just want numbers. The company has no problem pushing aside senior employees to get cheaper new employees to work .

Pros

Talk a great game

Cons

It’s all BS

Good place to work and climb the raise ladder was easy, at least for me. No rushing and or management hovering over you. That only happens when you are not doing the job at hand. Pay was better than average

The Managers Really Care For Their Staff

I have worked many places and now work at the Tigercat Brantford facility. Tigercat is one of the best employers I have ever had. Everyone knows eachother's name, the leaders really take the time to get to know the staff and want us to be happy at work and be successful. The pay and benefits are incredible. A real family feel company I must say. This pandemic has been hard for everyone but I have felt that Tigercat has gone above and beyond to ensure we we are protected and feel safe at work. My manager is amazing. I recommend Tigercat to everyone looking for work!

Pros

Leadership, Benefits, Pay, Flexibility, Work schedule, Great people

Cons

Should have come here sooner.

do kiss butt you will get places

management lies, attitude, do not treat people proper, have favorites that can get away with treating other employees badly, tells other employees personal information

Pros

great employee perks

Cons

management

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work don’t waste your time. Had a new girl take my position after being there for a year and a half. Politics play a huge role in this company.

Great Place To Work

This is a great place to work for anyone seeking a nice work and hone life balance. Pay is good if you don’t have much experience in the field. But if you’re coming from another trade and already have hands on experience repairing machinery I think they should up the wage for those people. Overall I enjoyed my time here and loved the people I was working with. Safety is very good at this company. I would have stayed employed here but I had received an offer for more money elsewhere. If they would have matched the pay or came close I would’ve stayed and sometimes regret leaving this company.

Pros

Monday to Friday. Free BBQ’s. 3 weeks paid holiday to start.

Cons

Repetitive

Unorganized dangerous

Many people were promised plenty of work and no lay offs when hired. These people left better paying jobs for false promises of a great company that is growing without layoffs only to find themselves laid off months later.Co workers often unmotivated because of management which causes bottle necks in production.Management doesn’t communicate with each other cross shift which causes confusion and manufacturing errors the blame is put onto the welder.Production is number 1 here no matter what they say.

Pros

Free uniforms

Cons

Too many

People are friendly and most of my team was very helpful. I recovered my lost techniques because I didn't work for 2 years before working there because of my school. But I picked up everything within first 2 weeks.But the issue is that there is no job security. Whenever they get work orders low and a chance they will lay off people.

Pros

Good work environment and salary

Cons

No job security

Jobs at Tigercat Industries

See more jobs

Very basic skill needed

Plant manager and Supervisor's are clueless, most co workers are two faced back stabbers . No need for real fitting or welding skill at tiger cat . No challenge in any of the work there . Did not learn one thing there that could be considered a new skill or relatable trick for welding or fitting . And if you do have skill and use it people there get threatened and back stab you because most of them have zero skill in real welding and fitting. Best thing that ever happened to me was packing my tools up and leaving .

Previous employee

Was laid off apparently because of covid19 but not called back. I really enjoyed my job there for almost 4 years. Workers were wonderful. Supervisors have their favorites.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Lots of favoritism

Welder

I worked there for 2 years as a welder fitter in the Cambridge factory the work was repeated didn’t learn a thing that l didn’t already know . If you like working with no challenge and check your brain at the door this is the place to be money is so so . If you are new to the trade and country this is the place if your not a very strong fitter welder this is the place .lf you want to collect an easy pay check no brain easy job this is the place if your English is not very strong this is the place if you want to learn welding as a trade run away there is no welding certification to work there no CWB no TSSA no tickets to work there one type of welding process witch is GMAW the best part is no welding test or certification every 2 years only one type of steel witch is mild only one position FLAT . I’ve been a welder for over 20 years and learned more about welding in high school then Tigercat has to offer it’s against the law to do down hand welding but this place tells you it’s fine . You will never be a true welder working for this company plus if laid off or terminate you will be left with no certification because they don’t have any plus if you have been certified before you get there once your expired ticket comes up your kind of stuck with a company that will tell you your a welder but really your so far from one . The owner is a great guy he looks after his workers the people there are nice benefits are good profit sharing there only down fall is they barely scratch the surface when it comes to the actual trade of welding. If l was an employer looking to hire a welder fitter -

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

You will never be a true certified welder

Parts Shortage

Hurry up and wait. Part shortages and quality/blueprint issues. Tack time is all the company cares about. Lots of really great workers were laid off. Safety is the only positive about the company.

Pros

Safety

Cons

Parts shortages

Overall good place to work

I would recommend working with tigercat I strated there and had not had much fitting experience based of they're specific blue prints but my trainer was clvery helpful and after two weeks I was pumping them out no problem that to there comprehensive training program in general it's a light easy going atmosphere as long as your will to put your head down and work and work hard!!

Pros

Salary

Cons

Too many supervisors on weekday day shift

Dont know what to put in here

Bad management all on power trips at various times. To much favoritism. Passive aggressive behavior from employers. Decent fellow employees for the most part.

Pros

Pay is ok. Follow employee's are pretty good

Cons

bad management, favoritism in wage increase. And many many more issues especially at the woodstock plant

Overall Great

I love working for a Canadian company that seems to care about their employees They definitely treat their employees better then Companies run by American Corporations. One of the best parts is the work atmosphere people are happy they're nice I feel truly blessed toe work there. Another great part is the commitment to quality of product.

Pros

Work atmosphere, benefits & close to home

Cons

Laid off due to Covid-19

Good place to work with great people

Funny to read the reviews that people do not like how Tigercat in Woodstock hires from within and young people, they are creating a career for these individuals. All Supervisors are hired from within to retain good talent, there are many people who are interviewed and interested in these roles that are not selected! Tigercat is equally concerned about making product as they are able their employees and staff. Not always is it is busy -- just like all other workplaces, but they will make sure they have exhausted all options to keep their staff busy during slower times.

Pros

Profit sharing, availablity of a variety of shifts, ability to learn

Cons

Currently slow?

Overall I enjoyed my time at Tigercat, the people were great, the pay was equitable unfortunately due to Covid-19 and the decrease in sales, layoffs were eminent.

Often slow even when busy

Was a great place to work.The overall leadership was pretty good up until 2-2 1/2 years ago.Experienced front line supervisors got replaced with junior inexperienced workers.Communication and organizational skills are not the leadership's strongest skills.Harassment and favouritism seem to be the tools best used.The HR department protects the supervisors from worker complaints of harassment and support the supervisor's harassment of workers.For the most part the work and pay is good.They preach a "team"workplace but it can be a toxic environment to work in.If you're a "yes man" this is the place for you.

Comfortable work enviroment

Worked outside on the yard crew, we an enjoyable work experience understanding managment Great benefits, Great savings plan, Great RRSP contribution!!

Pros

great benefits

Cons

wokring in the heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tigercat Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement