Tiger Calcium Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Hands Down One of the Worst Companies
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 April 2018
0 to no training given and extremely high expectations. Don't step outside of their "box" either, you will be penalized. It's the managers way or no way and don't even think about trying to change that-You will be called out in front of you coworkers and made to look extremely stupid and like you don't know what you are doing. Managers are rude, condescending and treat certain employees like garbage. They are looking for someone to control and be their puppet. If you are not part of the clique, you will be treated like an outcast. A lot of work with not enough compensation, with little to no work life balance. Disrespectful behavior displayed by other coworkers and managers (lead by example right!) Overall, terrible morale, terrible people and terrible job. The salary looks great on paper until you actually start working, then it is not near enough for the amount of work or BS you have to put up with.
Has gotten far better
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Confidential13 March 2018
There has been positive changes over the last two years. Programs have been implemented and they are asking us for our opinion on things. Managers are easier to talk to and we have systems in place.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Stay away laborers
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB7 January 2018
If you're being hired as a laborer in the spring, expect a lay off before winter. They don't tell you that when they hire you. I found a better job and quit before they were able to do that foolishness with me. One of the guys I got hired with got to work in the plant, he thought he was set for the winter. He decides to go back to N.S for a week, just for a visit. While he was there, they called him and laid him off. Here's where it gets greasy. When they hire you, they fly you up. When they lay you off, they fly you home. The guy im referring to paid for return tickets from Edmonton to Halifax (Not cheap) and left a bunch of his stuff in Misku. He assumed he was coming back. Tiger Calcium saved the $500 dollars they would of spent sending him home. The guy was out a bunch of cash from his ill-conceived trip back home, out of a job, and all the stuff he left behind. Don't feel to bad for the guy, he was a bozo. Still, he didn't deserve that. I got more stories of how they treat there employees, but that's enough for now.
Pros
The food/ the camp
Cons
Too many dummy managers / the treatment of workers
Life of complete misery and disrespect
Operator (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB22 November 2016
While I outlasted a number of employees it was complete misery I was on a daily basis insulted and demeaned this was such a sexist place to work I don't know how I dealt with it as long as I did. Locals don't want to work at this business because of its poor reputation and I totally agree with them. This is in no way a forever job the turnover rate is so high some employees were hired and fired or laid off within days of starting wouldn't recommend wasting time or effort to prospective employees.
Great experience, really unprofessional management
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 November 2016
Worked in shop with some great mechanics. I can't emphasize enough how the managment didn't know how to do anything related to shop managment or mechanics should your boss know how to do your job? Extremely high turn over rate heard 24 Guys in 11 months. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Co -workers, Pay
Cons
Unprofessional management, some druggies
Lies and obvious favoritism.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB19 October 2016
Worst place I've worked at in 25 years. Dispatch supervisor lies constantly and insults drivers to their face. Favoritism without justification, drivers with no seniority given preferential treatment, new trucks and better jobs just because they are friends with the dispatch supervisor. Some drivers work weeks in the field without time off get no respect while the ones that are friends of the supervisor are home every weekend plus they get paid for whatever hours they put in for without question, but others that are not friends of the supervisor have hours docked off their pay without reason. The hourly rate plus OT is good but the when you are treated like dirt for being a good hard worker while others are nothing but cry babies and get the best of everything, it is not worth it.
Pros
Good hourly rate but not worth the BS
Cons
Favoritism, lies, disrespect, insults.
Poisoned Atmosphere
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 September 2016
Within a week of being hired I was being treated like dirt. The dispatch supervisor that hired me acted like he was my best friend during the interview but once I started the job he changed his attitude. They play favorites heavily, give drivers with no seniority new trucks, better pay and better jobs. Yet other drivers with more seniority drive old junk trucks and get treated poorly. Drivers that were not on the buddy list would sit and wait for work at the plant in Slave Lake and the favorites would come in and load without waiting. Some drivers received standby pay, while others did not. Some drivers got coveralls while others did not. If you were not one of the favorites you would sit at home with no work while drivers with less seniority were working. Some drivers were verbally insulted (called insulting names) on a daily basis by the supervisor. Even if you worked harder and did a better job than the favorites you were still treated like dirt. All this because the dispatch supervisor is friends with certain drivers. Absolutely terrible place to work, worst I've seen in almost 25 years.
Pros
Decent hourly rate, but if you don't work, what's the point.
Cons
Complete obvious favoritism. Disrespectful and insulting abuse of some employees.
A future of misery
Slave (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 January 2016
Tiger Calcium has become a company that solely cares about numbers. If you'd like to be a number, this is the place for you. The turnover is high, and as investors have come in, the strong, hard workers are walked out. If you decide to become part of this staff, you will need to be strong and stand your ground. Their is no team or support from any of the newest managers.
Reccomended
Class 1 Driver, Tractor-trailer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 September 2015
Good job for a single man, hard on family life if you have children, great wages though, would go back. Like working alone and on the highway driving
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours away from home
Too many managers don't care about the company
I'm not sure what my title is... (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB31 May 2015
They ask to do work and don't care how cheap it's done. As long as it's done. They tend to forget a lot of things. When you need help they just pass the problem to next guy. Great salary but they fire 2/3 new employee. They forgot all about me and laughed when I asked about why nothing was ready for me. His actual reply : Oh I forgot...
Pros
Good $$
Cons
Everything else
Good people, camp with games room and t.v. room. Large shop.
Heavy Truck/Equiptment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB17 December 2013
The employees at Tiger were a great bunch of people to work with. the moral was usually high, but the hours were low near the end of my time there. It was homey in camp and everyone got along and were able to relax together in the games room or t.v. room. The food was good and everyone enjoyed themselves at the dinner table. The shop facility was large and there was room to work on equipment. Help was always available and the team got along well together to get thing repaired and out the door!
Pros
Free lunches, free camp, and rides to and from the airport.
Cons
Not enough hours...
families matter
Calcium/Sulphur dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 June 2012
Tiger is a great place to work.people are friendly. equipment is great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tiger Calcium Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3