Tiger Calcium Services Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Tiger Calcium Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
Your not even gaurenteed a load a day
Some loads there’s upwards of 20-30 hours of wait time which isn’t always paid

The training before you get start is +-100 hours and teaches you absolutely nothing about the job
- Not worth the butt kissing you have to do
- I've watched good workers be let go but managers/family members/friends who can't handle their job praised or coddled

- the CEO is never around, prior to the pandemic you were lucky to see him in the area I work.

- HR states you can talk to them but nothing is done about complaints. They always side with the manager
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Ive worked for tiger for 4 years both as a lease op and company driver. There is sometimes a bit of tension between some of the office staff and drivers on the way things go but you'll get that no matter where you work in the trucking world.over all its a great place to work. I was always treated with respect and when personal issues arise the office is willing to help you out. I would have no issue recommending tiger as a great place to work.
Worked with some good people but management style is “the stick”, no carrot
I found that they had unsafe practices, for example changed auto slacks for manual slacks in trailers
Pros
Pay was Ok
Cons
Stressful environment
I have worked for various small; medium & large companies over my career; and various management styles & corporate agendas, and this company, is by far, the best company I have ever worked for! For the first time in my career I can say that this is the company I wish to retire at. The atmosphere is relaxed & yet maintains a high level of professionalism. The company fosters & promotes a family type atmosphere. There are usually various activities throughout the calendar year that foster that idea. The Management style is consistent across all departments & fosters ideas and suggestions & they all have an open door policy, and do not pull you in polar opposite directions to try and get work completed. They adopt the mind-set of being pro-active and not re-active. They also understand the work/life balance & accommodate for those life moments that are sometimes unscheduled. Your co-workers, from all departments, are friendly, courteous & a joy to be around. We all have the same dedication & work cohesively to achieve goals. There is never a blame-game moment in this company! Everyone here balances having a great sense of humour while maintaining respectability. The CEO of Tiger is so approachable & relate-able. He is super friendly & it is very rare to have the CEO know you by name and stop to ask how you are doing. I would highly recommend working here and I am very proud to say I work for Tiger!
Pros
Corporate Bonus, Benefits, Work/Life Balance Allowances, Friendly Co-Workers & Management, Paid Vacations
I have seen this company keep people who didn't deserve it and let go of people who didn't deserve to go. But the management in certain areas have improved vastly. The working conditions have also improved greatly. I think it is a great place to work, and the people here are wonderful to be around.
Tiger is a company that is very family oriented and treats their staff as family. They take care of their people. I enjoy working for this company. I have seen many good people come and go, but I love all the people I work with. Tiger has its ups and downs but never fails to correct their mistakes.
The work environment at Tiger Calcium is relaxed but busy. If you got a problem you can go to any of the Management team and they will look into it for you. I find working with Tiger Calcium is a growing experience with room for advancement. Working at Tiger has given me a additional Family members.
TCS is a great environment to work in.
I find it is fair to employees that are willing to do their work.

They look out for the employee first - which is sometimes hard to find.

If there is every any personal issues - there are no questions asked.

If you are good to Tiger - Tiger is good to you.

Management is awesome - which makes it an easy place to come to daily.
I would recommend Tiger to my friends and family as a place to work. Management treats employees fairly. I've learned a number of new skills since working here
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tiger Calcium Services Inc.?
Bunch of great guys that will help out when you need help. When they say family matters they mean it. Everyone gets along and the mangers are awesome to deal with. Great shifts
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Longer days
0 to no training given and extremely high expectations. Don't step outside of their "box" either, you will be penalized. It's the managers way or no way and don't even think about trying to change that-You will be called out in front of you coworkers and made to look extremely stupid and like you don't know what you are doing. Managers are rude, condescending and treat certain employees like garbage. They are looking for someone to control and be their puppet. If you are not part of the clique, you will be treated like an outcast. A lot of work with not enough compensation, with little to no work life balance. Disrespectful behavior displayed by other coworkers and managers (lead by example right!) Overall, terrible morale, terrible people and terrible job. The salary looks great on paper until you actually start working, then it is not near enough for the amount of work or BS you have to put up with.
There has been positive changes over the last two years. Programs have been implemented and they are asking us for our opinion on things. Managers are easier to talk to and we have systems in place.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Sometimes long hours
If you're being hired as a laborer in the spring, expect a lay off before winter. They don't tell you that when they hire you. I found a better job and quit before they were able to do that foolishness with me. One of the guys I got hired with got to work in the plant, he thought he was set for the winter. He decides to go back to N.S for a week, just for a visit. While he was there, they called him and laid him off. Here's where it gets greasy. When they hire you, they fly you up. When they lay you off, they fly you home. The guy im referring to paid for return tickets from Edmonton to Halifax (Not cheap) and left a bunch of his stuff in Misku. He assumed he was coming back. Tiger Calcium saved the $500 dollars they would of spent sending him home. The guy was out a bunch of cash from his ill-conceived trip back home, out of a job, and all the stuff he left behind. Don't feel to bad for the guy, he was a bozo. Still, he didn't deserve that. I got more stories of how they treat there employees, but that's enough for now.
Pros
The food/ the camp
Cons
Too many dummy managers / the treatment of workers
Company seemed great when initially started there. Has been warned by many to be careful. Definitely conflict of interest with family members protecting family members. If you don't kiss butt to their expectations they will find a way to get rid of you. Decisions are made based on speculation and heresay of particular "in" crowds.
Safety procedures are not always followed, very biased towards the shop and mechanics in comparison to other staff.
Pros
Consistant work
Cons
Need to ELIMINATE family members. Employ WITHOUT relations
Corporate type atmosphere with provided direction from upper management. Under newer management in the past few years with many new faces and employees.
Pros
Cons
Lots of travel
While I outlasted a number of employees it was complete misery I was on a daily basis insulted and demeaned this was such a sexist place to work I don't know how I dealt with it as long as I did. Locals don't want to work at this business because of its poor reputation and I totally agree with them. This is in no way a forever job the turnover rate is so high some employees were hired and fired or laid off within days of starting wouldn't recommend wasting time or effort to prospective employees.
Worked in shop with some great mechanics. I can't emphasize enough how the managment didn't know how to do anything related to shop managment or mechanics should your boss know how to do your job? Extremely high turn over rate heard 24 Guys in 11 months. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Co -workers, Pay
Cons
Unprofessional management, some druggies
The manager at this awful place is the main reason they have had a Hugh turn over rate he would brag 24-11 witch means they went through 24 mechanics in 11 months, not something to brag about in my opinion just shows u the mentality of this person and company and what the real reasoning is behind the chaos.

I have to say learned a bit from the mechanics in the shop and got along great. The shop manager has no idea about running a shop or mechanics he would tell me incorrect information and be corrected by fellow mechanics in front of me then storm off like a little child then talk to the guy correcting him, total incompetent person and should not be in that position as the whole shop would agree as we have discussed. Must have sores on his knees.
Pros
other employees, pay, work life balance
Cons
managment, payroll missing hours continuous problem.
Worst place I've worked at in 25 years. Dispatch supervisor lies constantly and insults drivers to their face. Favoritism without justification, drivers with no seniority given preferential treatment, new trucks and better jobs just because they are friends with the dispatch supervisor. Some drivers work weeks in the field without time off get no respect while the ones that are friends of the supervisor are home every weekend plus they get paid for whatever hours they put in for without question, but others that are not friends of the supervisor have hours docked off their pay without reason. The hourly rate plus OT is good but the when you are treated like dirt for being a good hard worker while others are nothing but cry babies and get the best of everything, it is not worth it.
Pros
Good hourly rate but not worth the BS
Cons
Favoritism, lies, disrespect, insults.
Within a week of being hired I was being treated like dirt. The dispatch supervisor that hired me acted like he was my best friend during the interview but once I started the job he changed his attitude. They play favorites heavily, give drivers with no seniority new trucks, better pay and better jobs. Yet other drivers with more seniority drive old junk trucks and get treated poorly. Drivers that were not on the buddy list would sit and wait for work at the plant in Slave Lake and the favorites would come in and load without waiting. Some drivers received standby pay, while others did not. Some drivers got coveralls while others did not. If you were not one of the favorites you would sit at home with no work while drivers with less seniority were working. Some drivers were verbally insulted (called insulting names) on a daily basis by the supervisor. Even if you worked harder and did a better job than the favorites you were still treated like dirt. All this because the dispatch supervisor is friends with certain drivers. Absolutely terrible place to work, worst I've seen in almost 25 years.
Pros
Decent hourly rate, but if you don't work, what's the point.
Cons
Complete obvious favoritism. Disrespectful and insulting abuse of some employees.