Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Sales Professional
Cons
- no work life balance

- no room to move in company

- management

- scheduling

- communication throughout company

Pros

- pays well

- customer connections

- great benefits

- employee discount
Pretty on the outside. Toxic on the inside.
Management lacks accountability. Frequently passing the buck. Training exists but the quality of it requires some improvement. A good balance of theory and implementation needs to be established. Tenured sales professionals are more interested in finding fault in others, rather than focusing on addressing the customer’s needs and concerns. This all happens behind the scenes as the customer is made to wait on the sales floor. It comes as no surprise why they could no longer stand on their own and was bought out by LVMH.
Fast Paced
I love this job, while its only seasonal work I wish I could work there longer. It's a fast-paced learning environment with the need to be motivated to research at home as you must have adequate knowledge of collections to sell. I would highly recommend working here.
Good company to work for
The staff at Tiffany & Company are amazing. The company treats you well, takes care of benefits and has a positive work environment. They also invest in your education should you want to pursue more learning information.
Company is good to work for, the coworkers, not so much
Management didnt care just didnt ever want to rock any boat but were nice enough. Other sales associates tho are complete sharks who dont care if it is your customer and will insert themselves in your sale and take over the sale without any prompting from you for 'help' for anything.

Feel supported in the decision making

long work hours

fun at work

lack of growth opportunity

constantly surrounded by beautiful things
Pros
teams
Cons
hours
Great company culture
The HR has great programs and benefits programs, but actual work life really depends on how the managers manage each location. Staffs could be bully and it all up to how good the management is.
Great staff, poor management
Overall a great place to work, no benifits witch is a downfall, great with schedueling around hours. Management is terrible tho, i was given the keys and told they seen potential in me. Then a few weeks later was fired as "people are saying youre rude to customers, and after 2 months of you being here its just not gonna work out" everyone knows im the nicest person... i was not asked or talked to about any incident nor was i given a situation for the exscuse..
Pros
Tab, works great around scheduel
Cons
Terrible management, no benifits
perfect experience working at Tiffany
Greated and engaged customers in a professional and friendly
manner while ensuring that they knew our pomotions. Helped the customers by answering their questions and reponded quickly. Enthusiatic and knowledgeable about products and trends.

Used strong upselling skills to promote other jewerys. closing and opening stlore alone.
productive and fun place to work!
Amazing team & clients, it's always a pleasure to be in the blue box. there's a saying we have, nothing bad happens at Tiffany's and it's true. the best part of the people and of course getting to try beautiful and one-of-a-kind pieces.
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
The worst experience in my life
This was absolutely the worst work experience I had. Colleagues gossip about each other and then report to management, management will then give you problems. Definitely the worst managers I've ever had. All they know is giving you pressure and mentally torturing you. You can never finish your job during holiday season and then people will blame you for "not doing your job". Managers are really good at using people for the busiest time of year and then fire them as if they never existed. If you pursue a healthy and long-lasting career, please do yourself a favour and apply elsewhere.
Pros
Salary is alright
Cons
Mental stress is huge and working environment is terrible ...
Upper management ruins this company
Overall the staff is great to work with, the fallback is upper management and entitled customers. Pay is decent, and benefits are offered. HR is not always the most helpful.
wonderful company to learn
This is a really good store to start up the luxury retail career. The working environment is awesome with carpet and luxurious decorations. It also has wonderful company culture, comprehensive employee training, good management, and reasonable rewarding system.
Pros
good reward
Cons
less job security
A company built on tradition, with an extraordinary product and a team dedicated to providing an exceptional experience.
A typical day consisted of morning review of sales goals, working on client development and returning any calls or emails from customers. The afternoon was spent on the sales floor, showing product, developing relationships and closing sales.
I learned how to develop my strengths in written communication, as well as how to connect with people, listen to their stories and exceed their expectations.

I learned a lot about multi-tasking and working under tight timelines and high pressure, shipping limitations and solving problems using creative ideas that complied to company policies and procedures.

Management was always supportive as long as target sales were being met, and were receptive to innovation on how to drive business.

There was a strong emphasis on appearance and the trust that it ensues, as well as maintaining a professional and courteous disposition regardless the situation.

The hardest part of the job was the stress over the increasing sales targets and maintaining high energy when the market would dip and sales were less abundant.

The most enjoyable part of the job was playing a small role in so many celebrations, be it a wedding, a birth or a retirement. Sharing a part of families richest moments was an honour I did not take lightly.
Pros
The merchandise are pieces of art created from the rarest stones with the highest craftsmanship.
Cons
long hours and limited flexibility when it came to time off.
Operations
I worked as Operations for TCO.

This company is great and has a lot of good talent. I really enjoyed my time.

However there is no career advancement.

I learned a lot about high end jewelry and customer service.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No days off set
Worst Career Experience
Without a doubt, I can say working for Tiffany & Co. was the worst experience in my career. The internal culture tarnishes the legacy of the brand.

The key issue of this company is the management, there is a clique culture with strong favoritism. The leadership does not coach or mentor. This is a sink or swim organization and they will watch you drown.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Amazing coworkers but large sales plans
Tiffany is a great place to work. All the staff are friendly and professional. However, the sales plans have become nearly impossible to meet.
I worked for the company as a Loss Prevention Professional
The job and the pay are great. Work/ life balance is good, sometimes you have to do close/open, which is not great, but other than that it's good. Management is absolutely terrible, they are lifeless, they never smile or bring positive energy to the team, and the store director is given so much power over the store, it becomes a sort of dictatorship.
Excellent place to work
Working with one of the most renowned luxury retailers makes for a very enjoyable and educational experience. The staff are like a family. You are given room to analyze and challenge traditional thoughts and can feel as though you have a major impact and voice when it comes to the business.
Pros
Amazing benefits, close knit staff
Security Officer Yorkdale, Canada
If you like to be micromanaged then this is the place .Words will be twisted and you will be set up for failure. If Management does it's just OK/ normal. Frequent payroll issues and always have to track down your hours. In this day and age , to have this to happen it is pathetic.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Rude customers
Worst experience of my career
Welcome to the real life set of mean girls. Worst store director on the face of the earth. Secretive, catty and totally unprofessional leader. Set a horrible tone for the back of house staff and worked to pit everyone against each other. You have no autonomy in your work and are constantly micro managed. The director and her operations minion are the two most hated people in the store. She is a bully and a nasty insecure excuse for a leader. I absolutely hated every minute of that job.
Pros
Free lunch for the days you slaved away and mostly nice sales staff
Cons
Store Director and her personal management style!!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tiffany & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.