TIERCON Employee Reviews

productive and fun
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 October 2019
tiercon was a fun productive work place and I enjoyed working with my coworkers that made my time there fun relaxing but safe too and the management was great
great place to work
Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 July 2019
Great people to work with only left because I was offered a job with straight days and higher wage or I would of continued. It is shift work so if your not use to that it takes a bit to adjust.
Productive work place with extensive learning experiences
Project Manager / Engineering (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON17 July 2019
Fast-paced company with potential for growth and future contracts with the OEM's, in particular Fiat Chrysler Automotive (FCA)
Pros
Diverse products (plastics, paint application and automated assembly)
Cons
Work location is spread over three sites in Stoney Creek, On
Not a good workplace.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON12 July 2019
Worst company i have ever worked for. Management & supervisors are incompetent and toxic.
Pros
Cons
Long hours & prison atmosphere
Amazing group of guys in the design team
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON11 July 2019
The design team was a blast to work with. Very helpful and approachable. Design manager is very focused on helping everyone be successful. Small perks such as sports during lunch hour make this place great to work at!
Okay workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 June 2019
a typical day consisted of making sure all the part were up to standards to the best of my ability

what i learned was how to cut the part how the were supposed to be and make sure they were good parts going out

workplace was not great the machines were old and breaking down all the time

the hardest part was trying to keep up with the speeds of the machines

the most enjoyable part was the people there
Pros
the people working there were friendly
Cons
not long enough breaks
Customer not employee based company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 June 2019
15mins breaks, cost cutting management, unorganized workers, could do better, they have a lot of temporary workers and they need a lot more, thats how they save them
Pros
quality control
Cons
quick breaks
A real life nightmare
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON15 May 2019
Tiercon has a 20/1 turn over. Enough management and floor staff have left Tiercon to start 5 more Tiercons. The only positive about Tiercon is there's a roof over your head when it rains. Run from this night mare.
Pros
Roof over head when it rains.
Cons
This job used to be mine
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 March 2019
I went on vacation for two weeks and as I was on vacation I noticed this posting ..

I haven't yet gotten payed for my vacation . And I came back to no job basiclt as I didn't get payed

Run

This is the worst job I've ever had . I didn't even do any electrical there .. you're just there just to do anything but .. I even painted a railing one day

Management is poor . HR is one sided and not on your side

Run do not waste your time ..
Pros
Cons
No actual shop, no cafeteria, you eat like a dog
Well run Canadian Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON26 February 2019
Tiercon is a well run, Canadian company, it can be a challenge, but overall a solid company to work for.
The company depends on its program managers and requires strong personalities.
Car Parts
Sander (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 February 2019
i was into sanding and making sure all car parts meets the required quality. Working there was a great experience and made me a lot familiar with different car parts
Pros
ma
Depressing
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON1 December 2018
In the building I work in they have 150 employees per shift and two toilets on either side that's from Barton to arvin Avenue they are always hot and sweaty to sit on niece eh? The employees are clanish and two faced and cohearse you for no reason you go home stressed sometimes the manager comes on the p.a.and tills everyone to be quit .some people tack valium and some smoke up..there's no money here no pension and pretty much no hope sometime they talk about you behind your back so negatively and blatantly its almost in you face I dont recomend this place stay away
Pros
Cons
Just get out
Terrible workplace environment
Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 November 2018
Workers are all miserable and complain all the time, one day training period where you get yelled at on your first day. Quotas that are impossible to reach, overall a bad place to work, even if desperate for a job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Workplace Environment is terrible
Not a good place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 November 2018
Working at Tiercon, I guess you can say the pay rate was decent. Came home at the end of the week with $700 a week. poor management and people who have been there for more than a year are disrespectful. My work ethic was good, i got complemented about it a lot, but to be honest...they didn't deserve my experience. Just to throw in there, a lot of people talk behind your back. there was only ONE person who was a good supervisor in my opinion. good place though if you aint got nothing better to do.
Pros
$700 cheques
Cons
Managers and supervisors attitude, poor place to work in my opinion
it was basic work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 September 2018
I don't have much to say about tiercon really. other than they gave us very little time for breaks and expected to work extra hours than needed so. They are not a employee friendly if you aren't in the union.
Poor mindset
Process Technician/Robot Programmer (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON11 September 2018
They throw you to the wolves and expect you to figure things out on your own.

Will not spend money on upgrading production critical equipment. Will not respond when asked for a raise.
Pros
Cons
Poor compensation
Very bad for temporary people
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON26 July 2018
Temporary hired people watch out, they hire you and then after a couple of days email you saying the assignment has ended without any valid reason. They don’t keep their promises.

Also their work quality is not good, they send away rejected damaged material back to the companies. There is no sense of work ethic going on in this place.
People beware.
Pros
Nothing this is a not a pleasant place to work at
Cons
Poor work quality, not a good place to work for temporary people
Be perfect or else
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 July 2018
Tiercon is a simple enough place to work. Show up when scheduled, on time and ready to work. Do the jobs assigned to the best of your ability and everything should work out. As simple as this sounds the challenge arises due to everyone being human. Life happens, some people make bad decisions in their lifestyle and the team gets affected by those individuals. Most of the jobs are a team based process so you are only as strong as your weakest link. The challenge is that you are judged unfairly as a group. Not making targets whether there are reasons that are legitimate or not does not matter. Management thrives on pulling people into the office and vehemently expressing their thoughts on the missed production. Makes for a toxic environment. Working at Tiercon can be good when everything is working right but unfortunately that isn’t the normal circumstances.
Pros
Paying job that pays weekly
Cons
Toxic manager
good place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON28 May 2018
good work worked on line company lost contract with gm so were laying off got a call back to return to work but had gotten a job but would like to go back
Pros
good wage
Always something to do!
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 May 2018
I love the fact that I can always keep busy in this work environment! The fact that it is fast paced always keeps me thinking and on my toes, and I love being busy and feeling accomplished by the end of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIERCON. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5