TIERCON Employee Reviews

Always something to do!
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 May 2018
I love the fact that I can always keep busy in this work environment! The fact that it is fast paced always keeps me thinking and on my toes, and I love being busy and feeling accomplished by the end of the day.
Great Hours, Not so great location but not horrible for bus route,
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2018
takes getting used to 6am start time, but the shifts go by fast, great hours, opportunity for over time if you want,
I would have stayed there for years to come if I could,
however after 4 and a half weeks,
they said they were changing the shelving, laid off all the temp workers for 1-2 weeks as well as a contract ending, "hired on" workers were laid off and there was no more work for almost 2 months
other than little to zero job security, it was an alright place to work at.
Great Canadian Success Story
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON27 March 2018
I have been working at Tiercon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tiercon is going through some very exciting growth. The company is partnering with some very strong customers, re-investing in the equipment, the employees and most important of all Innovations to keep us competitive in the market.

From my perspective; despite the fast paced environment Tiercon Management is very supportive of family responsibilities and is flexible with us to ensure we are able to balance all of our responsibilities.

Tiercon is of a size that allows us to expand our scope into areas we may not have normally experienced when interest is shown.

Cons

Not unlike other automotive suppliers Tiercon is fast paced with high expectations.
Great Co-workers
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 March 2018
Very repetitive
Learned how to time manage according to productivity requirements
Managements expectations were unrealistic
Co-workers are great
The rotation of shifts
Team environment
Stay away if you’re wanting a permanent job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON2 March 2018
You get hired on, get promised benefits and raises. Benefits after 3 months of work time, they make you sign a paper saying that and they’ll either just extend your probation period.... and then fire you or they’ll just fire you before the original probation period is up. A joke place to work at. Stay away if possible. They’re firing all the workers they hired on and keeping tempts so they don’t have to pay out benefits or give raises... just recycling employees.
Terrible Place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 January 2018
Do not work here. Their is rampant inequality occuring against men working in this industry. Women are paid equal to or more than men and do much less and easier work than men. The older women their are very catty and have attitudes. They are very demeaning towards temp workers. Do not work here if you are a man and is against inequality against men. On the contrary, if you are a female, this job is for you as you will be assigned the easiest jobs possible, such as folding cardboard boxes all the while being paid equal to men who work much harder.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Returning to work after weekend ends
this place is not for you
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 December 2017
Its not worth the grief this place is that bad probably top 3 worst places to work at period!!!!!They use criminals that just got out of jail to work there !!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad people bad managment
Former Product Team / Engineering Employee
Project / Engineering Personnel (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON12 November 2017
The company talks and promotes a healthy work like balance with room for growth, however, once working for the company you will learn the exact opposite is happening.

With ballooning scrap reports, lack of management direction and OE's growing more disenchanted, it's only a matter of time before programs and/or products are pulled from this company.
Pros
Most people fun to work with
Cons
Micro-management, lack of direction, massive production inefficiencies
Good for the first week
Sander Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 July 2017
Just your typical factory job, only reason for staying was a potential entry level programming job that fell though. Hot, most people are nice but you get your average idiot or rude person. Supervisors were nice, but often forgot about your requests.
its a job!
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 March 2017
The work isn't very hard. The jobs are slow and tedious. Most of the people are fun to work with. The moral of the people is pretty low. Feels more like a prison than a place of work. Management treats employees like they are in grade school. Communication is joke, and standards change depending on who it is. Forklift drivers are very efficient. Cell leaders are ok. Supervisors are NOT employee friendly at all! Would rather be the guy who scrapes dead animal carcass's off the road than work there again!
Pros
40 hour week, most people
Cons
40 hour week, not fun at all! and supervisors
Awful place, toxic atmosphere, discriminatory
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON12 March 2017
Nothing ever good enough, hard to get too as it located outside of town. There is an enticement to go direct, but people leave as they cannot retain good employees long due to politics and bad environment. Just another slave driver employer in the Hamilton area.
Pros
clean break area
Cons
just another low paying job, no prospects, toxic atmosphere
Tiercon
Manufacturer/ General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 December 2016
I enjoyed working in the fast paced environment, I learned about working on an assembly line with a team of people
the work environment was enjoyable and great to work in
An okay job
General Inspector (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON21 November 2016
Tiercon is not the best place to work at, especially when you work on the line as an inspector. People that work there are not very friendly which makes you not like the job even more.
Bad work environment
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON14 November 2016
One of the worst places to work at. Extremely high turnover rate. No ventilation. Constantly breathing in dust. Management is constantly breathing down your neck. No matter what you fonts never good enough. Constantly loose friday's without pay because too many part were made during the week.
Not good
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Stoneycreek26 September 2016
Not a good company at all was 5 mins late got fired cause of the buses wow man don't even show an ounce of lenacy corruption at their best
Fast paced work environment
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 June 2016
You really have to be an organized individual and have a set routine in order to get through a typical day at work at Tiercon. I have improved my multi-tasking skills while working there. My co -workers there were like a family. We all had great understanding and even better communication.
tiercon
Parts Builder (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 April 2016
it is an ok place to work but it is through an emplyment agency i would hope to find a more rewarding career then building parts for toyota. I do not think this line of work is for me and my skills could be at better use elsewhere.
Pros
continental steady hours steady pay
Cons
your feel like a number
performed molding of autoparts
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON1 October 2015
holding the heavy parts while trimming them was hardest part
but it was fun doing it with co workers
it is a valuable industrial experience
Pros
bbq and free coffee
Horrible as a temporary employee, half decent once hired
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON5 April 2015
There is a very high turnover rate of temporary employees. Temps typically get hired on after one or more years with a small group of 3-4 people per shift, and this occurs every 4-8 months. From there job expectations increase tremendously and many employees won't make it through their probationary period, sometimes for arbitrary/questionable reasons. The union is very disorganized and not helpful with labour disputes. There is occasional downtime and occasional opportunities for overtime, which are very plentiful when overtime happens. Shifts are not too bad. 9 hours Monday to Friday alternating between days and evenings. However expectations are high and standards for quality wildly vary from day to day for some lines. Once hired the wages and benefits are decent and a welcome change the wages as a temporary employee. However there is little job security and poor management. Almost all employees are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Decent wages once hired.
Cons
High turnover, poor management, poor Union, sweat shop, long wait to be hired.
fun and very productive atmosphere
line work (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2015
Days went fast, a lot of learning of line work, and assembly of parts. management was very helpful, very physical job. co-workers where very helpful and created a good atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIERCON. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5