thyssenkrupp

thyssenkrupp Employee Reviews

Canada107 reviews
Good people, but salaries for staff are on the lower end.
No room to move up for office staff. Most people good to work for & with. Office manager isn't qualified for the job, but she still has it. Good at other job duties, just not good with people. Relaxed atmosphere, jeans & tshirt work attire.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low pay for office staff
High-paced environment
Customer oriented service, fast paced and everyday is different with changes to work environment and schedules daily. Job as an Account Manager consists of updating customers based on their needs, attending meetings, site visits and building relationships. As an Account Manager you will have to retain customers by re-signing them into new contracts and manage their budgets.
golf tournament
Thyssenkrupp is an amazing company that I take great proud in being able to work there. They fostered a warm and friendly environment for employees through being able to seek assistance and also facilitating other event like Christmas parties, BBQ and appreciations to help build a stronger team on a more personal level. I thoroughly enjoyed working there and take great pride in having been a part of this team. This job taught me numerous skills that I will be able to employ in future positions.
Poor management
I worked there for over 3 years and was treated very poorly at the end. Management was severely lacking and they expected one person to do the job of 3. Poor pay and Human Resources basically ignores you.
Branches run by the branch manager and kind of operate as individual branches with the over all operation being under an umbrella style management
A great place to learn salesmanship skills and presentation skill sets to building owners, property managers and boards of directors. Quoting repairs and modernizations to elevator equipment and being able to sell maintenance contracts.
Pros
A career company by getting in on the ground floor and working/improving your self
Cons
Sometimes you have to attend board meetings which usually are held in the evenings.
Competitive industry with potential incentives in large centres
Work ethic changes under new regional management and individual thinking has sometimes been shot down if not in line with management’s ideology. Potential to advance exists when employee exceeds targets and is willing to relocate and/or change position in the company.
fantastic, lean place to be employed great benefits and a good work environment. Reasonable pay and caring workers. Learned alot about packing orders and operating forklifts to a great extent
Poor Management
Lack of training and no support given. Only focus on errors and never how to prevent them. Favoritism and very unprofessional conduct. Only benefit to gain experience and quickly leave.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at thyssenkrupp?
Easy going job
Best place to start work for new guys who just graduate from school. Its fun to work there. Everyone is supportive at the work place and helps you in every way like learning and other stuff
beautiful company
Very professional, very kind employees.
An older crowd so younger 20s would not fit in. Everyone minds their own business for the most part. A place where you just go to work and do your job. Nice and Simple. Probably my favorite job because I hate gossip type environments
great workers, horrible management.
-first we inspect our measuring tape.
-second i do the inspection of my forklift.

-thrid i do the inspection of my plate saw.

-fourth i would proceed to cut and prepare oders for customers.

-fifth i would past the broom and clean up at the end of my shift.
Productive workplace
got a lot of new and useful experience. very good and friendly environment
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams as they progress on various advertising campaigns. I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as doing mock-ups or securing rights to songs. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the promotional materials
nepotism and friends
long hours with no chance of advancement, any advancement was based on friends and family Worked in plants and facilities all over GTA and Southern Ontario no matter how much you did it was never enough and unappreciated.
Good
I would go back if they reconsidered allowing me to come back if they called-if they still have my cell number from the agency 'The Agency Staffing Services.I kinda regret quitting,it was because of the humidity inside the warehouse.
Productive and a bit of fun place to work
Thyssenkrupp would have been a great place to work save for some ool cows especially at the floor who feels threatened whenever there is a new injection into the team. Environment could be tense with everyone watching their backs for some folks who will always want to report you to get you out of the system. Favoritism in management as well.
Would work at thyssen again
Worked with good group. Payed and treated fairly. Would recommend anyone to work for thyssen. Hard to get in but do not give up. Once your in your in.
Stay away
If you want to make less money than other company's. Go here. Or if your semi retired. Horrible management whenever their there. Job security. Sucks.
Management needs ANOTHER restructuring
Worst Corporate environment, EVER! Unprofessianlism is real!!
Everyone in management has NEVER worked in management. THEY ALL need management training, especially in communication. If you want to get paid to pretend, work 6 hours get paid 7.5, you're great. HR lady, has NO REAL HR experience. Just likes to play dress up. Do your homework check ALL their Linkden accounts.

Management all came from the same past company.

Employees- 90% are great people!

Be careful of the employment agency lady! Keep all complaints documented. Turnovers unreal. 95% employees on contract
Wish i never worked there
The turnover rate is ridiculously high, you could be doing the best work but if management doesnt like the outfit you have on your looked down on ...like less then even with credentials. SMH. The workload is overwhelming considering the pay. Management is a bunch of mean girl clicks, no maturity, reminded me of high school. Management hired all there friends from there previous company (the competition) its past rediculous.
Employment
I have not worked there's in a year no work if u need me feel free to call u keep sending me mail why?ok well take care .nice people nice office workers in transportation.good review u get a b plus lol
Great if you are not a hard worker.
Nice place to work if you like to watch your coworkers slack off, arrive late, do whatever they want and not have consequences.
Management just don't change their ways and because of that they are losing great, hard working employees. Their loss.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at thyssenkrupp. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K