thyssenkrupp Employee Reviews

thyssenkrupp elevator Egypt experience
Modernization Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cairo16 March 2018
its the company where I learned what vertical transportation is. They are pioneers when it comes to unique engineering however their presence is the market is not up to the level of their potential with no clear market growth and business development strategy. They were very weak when it came to working systems (ERP systems) unlike the other global elevator companies.
Pros
exposure to supply lines and different operating units
Cons
very weak and disoriented managemetn
Just no
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2018
The mechanics and office staff of TKE are absolutely fantastic! But the branch and corporate management leave something to be desired. Though they pay well it's not worth the treatment received which is too bad because it could be an excellent place to work. They have excellent safety standards and great staff but lack proper management and HR.
Pros
great people, good pay
Cons
poor management, poor HR
Great work life balance
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 February 2018
Thyssen is really big on making sure you have a great work life balance. Shortened summer hours are great. Set shifts with an early start. People are great.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay
Productive and positive workplace
Elevator mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2018
A great place to work, Great employees and management. They ask for an 8 hour day and you work an 8 hour day without them forcing you to have to work any further on your time.
Strong Company with strong employees
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 February 2018
ThyssenKrupp Elevator is the Canadian leader in elevator maintenance, modernization, and new construction. ThyssenKrupp Elevator offers great benefits and strong - competitive wages to its employees and puts Health and Safety first. ThyssenKrupp Elevator provides a safe workplace both in the field and in the office.
Productive and great place to learn new skills
Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 January 2018
A unique and diversed environment to work, fairly laid group of people. Great place to learn and develop new skills.

Longer work hours, but longer lunch.

Salaries are lower comparatively.

No opportunities for advancement, and too many half-baked changes and implementations in the culture with no follow-through.

Poor management who don't care about the little people. If you're looking for career pathing and encouragement, this is not the place to work.

A revolving door mentality.
Pros
Multicultural Environment
Cons
Poor Management
Avoid at all costs
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Baie-d'urfe, QC9 December 2017
All management decisions are based on how much more can they get on their bonuses. Existing employees are encouraged to watch and report all your errors/shortcomings. Constant demand for more overtime to the point of threats that they will get rid of you, high number of burn outs with new employees. Existing employees resist training you for fear that you will be their replacement, adds to the stress. They hire through a contractor, job offer can be as long as 2 years.
Pros
Not one
Cons
Just a horrible place
Not much room for advancement
Supervisor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON16 October 2017
I made it to Team lead, and wasn't able to go up any further, cause the company wasn't growing. It stalled cause no one was selling the service we were offering. Very little pay increases, and way too much work being asked
Not a good place to work
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
Management had to much to do he wasnt able to keep eye on the office manager. She was overly emotional and her words often came out rude or mean.
I would think twice about this work environment.
Pros
Salary
Reality
Other (Current Employee) –  Central Canada17 August 2017
Employment and advancement is based on who you know rather than what your skills and qualifications are.
Improvements routinely take unreasonably long amounts of time to implement.

Would be a good place to work if internal policies and procedures were actually adhered to.
Fun Place to work
Territory Sales Manger , Southern Sasakatchwan (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 June 2017
TKE was a fun and exciting place to work as it taught me the balance of time management, i needed to learn how to implement programs for quoting and costing elevators to potential levels of government and developers.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
territory
Great first job just continue looking while you're here. Good pay for someone young. Nice people. Very enthusiastic team to work with.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Great company to work for in regards to people, company incentives, and opportunities to learn so much. My resume was easily enhanced from all the opportunities available to take advantage of. We were challenged constantly to be innovative and present efficient ways to improve on our services. I enjoyed the constant challenge.
Pros
Excellent wellness progran, opportunities for growth and professional development
Cons
n/a
Productive place to work in.
CSR/Dispatcher Answer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
Productive place to work in, great staff, benefits etc. I have been employed with the company many years, and wouldn't change that. I have gained a lot of experience here.
My job was challenging was still enjoyable the customers were great
Credit/Collections Administrator (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON28 February 2017
I loved my job at Thyssenkrupp my boss was amazing and I enjoyed
every day. The people were great. If I had not have relocated I never would have left.
Great Experience
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
During my 35 year career at Thyseen Krupp I must say that it was a very positive experience and I would still be there today if not for the company making the decision to decision to move manufacturing to the US.
Do not work here
HSA/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2017
Management sucks, doesn't listen to concerns with in the company.
Supervisor is constanly crying, doesnt know how to do own work.
They do not value there employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
n/a
Strategic Buyer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Great place to work. Great co-workers. Competent management. You can learn a lot from many skillful employees. It is always stimulating.
thyssenkrupp Elevator
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 December 2016
thyssenkrupp is a great place to work. If i wasn't at risk of losing my job because of personnel being laid off I would continue to work here. I have and do enjoy it very much. I have great coworkers and my supervisor is the best.
Great People
Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
thyssenkrupp has been a wonderful experience for me. My colleagues are wonderful and very willing to help me learn and grown throughout my time with the company. Management is helpful and understanding however need to provide more discipline for employees.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Colleagues
Cons
No Discipline
Great place to work, Friendly people
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 December 2016
Safety was priority. Jobs weren't rushed. Everything was well managed. Was treated well and humanized; didn't feel like just a number. Would definitely work for them again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at thyssenkrupp. Our community is ready to answer.