Thyme Maternity Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

just not an overall great place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2019
just not an overall great place to be, not entirely crazy about the position. Job work/life balance was great which was truly the only perk of this job in my opinion
Flexible hours and interesting to learn about pregnancy clothing
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2018
I worked there a few years ago and the discount and hours were great but the management at the time was not the best. They were condescending when I made a mistake and they were very stingy about useless things in the store. Other than that, it is interesting to learn about the special material they use for the clothing and different products that help with during pregnancy (e.g. body creams and bras) and after pregnancy (e.g. nursing shirts).
Pros
Interesting to learn about pregnancy
Cons
Management was horrible
not good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2018
I did not like the work environment there .. some coworkers are rude and they don't accept different cultures .. Besides, I applied for full time job and they gave me less than 10hs a week !!!!!
Pros
short Hours
No commission but still pressure to sell
Part-time Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 June 2017
I worked this job part time for a year before deciding to return to work full time after staying home for 5 years with my kids. Part time hours were fine; pay was minimum wage. I was repeatedly offered the store manager position but the hours would have been less than ideal (working every weekend and several evenings a week) and the pay offered was brutal. All associates were pushed to sell specific products and these sales were tracked weekly. The review process was horrible- you could rate 'excellent' in every aspect, but if your store wasn't meeting the sales budget, you 'failed' your overall review.
Pros
Okay as a part time job
Cons
Below industry pay for store managers
not eough job sercuirty
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 July 2014
very unbalanced and unorganized days. Team effort needs to be placed for the production of a great store.
Productive and always a new day
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 September 2012
There was always something new to learn at this job. Pregnancy changes daily and therefore you were required to learn different stages of pregnancy, as well as what the average person would feel throughout the pregnancy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers, being able to fully satisfy their needs, and see them come back throughout their pregnancy, or even subsequent pregnancies. The hardest part of the job would be the emotional factor of a customer. Pregnancy does play on the emotions and sometimes you just had to be the shoulder to lean on that they needed.