Thyme Maternity Employee Reviews

Great workplace and great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 May 2018
Interacting with customers, finding the right styles and fits for different stages of pregnancy. Up-selling with product knowledge.Hardest task was selling to customers who did not want to buy anything. Great environment!
Environnement de travail agréable
Conseillère mode (Former Employee) –  Lachenaie, QC2 May 2018
Travail d'équipe, clientèle chaleureuse, culture d'entreprise qui prend soin de ses employés
It was an experience
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  toronto, ON23 April 2018
I was new to the whole retail department but a key to making any business work is Teamwork. If you don't have that then It's hard to make your target goals.
great client experience,poor leadership and coaching from DSM
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario26 January 2018
I have been with the company for over 1 year and althought and I have loved every single experience with my clientele ,I came to realize that coaching and strong leadership are not part of the current management up above store managers.
working overtime hours means nothing to them,there is not recognition for a good job .
Pros
clients and fashion forward clothing lines
Cons
horrible upper management DSM
environement de travail paisible et agréable
Conseillère mode (Current Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC29 December 2017
en tant que conseillère mode je n'ai pas vus beaucoup de côté "management" de l'entreprise, mais ce que j'ai vu de ma gérante et toute l'équipe de gestion de mon magasin était très bien. Elles sont acceuillantes et prètes à aider toutes celles qui veulent s'avancer dans la compagnie. j'ai appris beaucoup sur moi, comme mes aptitudes d'organisation en travaillant dans l'arrière-boutique. j'ai aussi appris beaucoup sur le service à la clientèle. L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste sont mes heures passé dans l'arrière-boutique; ça me permet d'utilisé ma créativité et ma logique pour trouvé des nouvelles idées d'entreposage pour les nombreux morceaux de vêtements que nous reçevont à chaque semaine.
Room for advancemnet
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
I appreciate their efforts to put the best where they deserve to be. Bonus structure is great.

Could use some work in their work life balance for employees at store level.
Decent job, but not a career
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2017
I worked for Reitman's for over 9 years, moving to all branches, eventually being moved to thyme because they said it was the only store I would be able to advance in. After working there for a year and a half I was told that they were just going to hire from the outside instead because it wasn't fair that I might play favorites. While I enjoyed the time spent there with the people I worked with it wasn't a career sadly.
They do have a great environment, nice customers and a relaxed day structure though.
Cons
long hours alone, no advancement
Great company to work for and amazing experiences.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 September 2017
I love working for Thyme.I had the greatest experiences with my clients as we take part in a very important time of their lives.
As management,policies where not strictly enforced all the time( return policies for example) which made the staff sometimes confused as we were expected to always make sure the client was happy even if it meant her returning an item that has been worn and washed.
Pros
great discounts and room for advancement
Cons
lot of presure for sales like any other retail enviroment
Thyme Maternity
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 September 2017
This is a customer centered business, that takes pride in having great customer relationships. It works on team based selling and goals. Upper management has an open door policy and welcomes new feedback and ideas.
Pros
Team based selling goals
Cons
online sales do not match in store promotions
love it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2017
regular retail job but geared towards mother and first time mothers. Always great to learn more from each customer and what they experience since during pregnancy it is different for everyone
One of the best retail jobs out there
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 July 2017
Thyme Maternity is by far one of the best retail jobs I've ever had. Full time employees have great benefits and the management was always very positive and encouraging. The discounts were amazing and helping pregnant women find clothes and products that made them feel comfortable and pretty was a fulfilling and fun experience. The breaks were often and fair and the shifts were always a reasonable length. My only complaint is that the part-time hours could be unreliable but for a student or someone with a financial plan to fall back on it would be perfect. I would absolutely recommend working for any of Reitman's affiliates if you get the chance!
Pros
great discounts, great atmosphere, regular breaks
Cons
hours depend on store's traffic and sales
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
I enjoyed working at Thyme Maternity. It was so rewarding to deal with the clientele and assist them with their maternity clothing needs. I was known as the stores special sales rep as I took interest in the clientele and their maternity journey.
Pros
Loved working the the clientele
No commission but still pressure to sell
Part-time Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 June 2017
I worked this job part time for a year before deciding to return to work full time after staying home for 5 years with my kids. Part time hours were fine; pay was minimum wage. I was repeatedly offered the store manager position but the hours would have been less than ideal (working every weekend and several evenings a week) and the pay offered was brutal. All associates were pushed to sell specific products and these sales were tracked weekly. The review process was horrible- you could rate 'excellent' in every aspect, but if your store wasn't meeting the sales budget, you 'failed' your overall review.
Pros
Okay as a part time job
Cons
Below industry pay for store managers
Not the worst place ever.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 May 2017
Although this place can be a fun job with friendly staff, the company can be very cheap and management could be better. Could be perfect for the right person.
Pros
50% mutilple stores
Cons
Can be a downer
I lliked working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 May 2017
loved it good place to work good discount and good training always had breaks and support for questions i had and loved decorating the stores displays for chiristmas
It was a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
Working for Reitmans in Thyme Maternity was very interesting. It was my first job. The leadership team was fantastic. They taught me how to be a good salesperson. I learned so much about connecting with customers and building a relationship with the company as a base. I became very involved. I also developed new skills of selling and being very outgoing especially for a job that requires you to properly help pregnant women.
Pros
Good working environmment
Cons
No flexible hours
Too much drama, not enough pay
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
My boss and team leads were incompetent. I was hired with promises of 35+ hours per week and that there was no team lead above me and I could move up quickly. There was a team lead already hired that prevented me from moving up. That team lead spread lies about me and when I brought it up to my boss she refused to go to HR and told me not to either. My other team lead constantly reminds me I'm not going got heaven
because I have had intercourse before marriage. Also that I need to pray for a man. My hours are now cut down to 23 per week without warning and there is no promise that they will go back up. However, I'm still required to buy a new wardrobe for spring.
Pros
No weekends but its only because of the building I'm in not the company
Cons
drama, low wage, boss lies to get you in
Overall Great Place to Work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 February 2017
Greatly enjoy working at Thyme Maternity, interacting with customers is the best part of the job. Excellent manager and assistant manager, ongoing coaching given to me as well as the opportunity to provide coaching and leadership to other staff members. Unfortunately no room to grow within the company and looking to use my education more in future employment.
Pros
Great coworkers, getting to interact with customers.
Cons
Almost no growth opportunities
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 January 2017
not too busy. nice place to work. Had to do trade shows, did not like participating in the trade shows. Would work there again. customers fun to work with
N/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
Would not recommend working at the Yorkdale location.
I've heard other locations are run well, but the Yorkdale location is a trainwreck