Thyme Maternity Employee Reviews

great team, great customers
Conseillère mode (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 July 2019
I had the best time at thyme marternity. the type of customers we were there to assit was really the best. All day I was around beautiful lady about to became mom, I was really grateful to be a part of this journey. Make sure that they comfortable and feeling pretty. the team that I meet there automatically became friends. everyday was different so even a 9 hour shift could seem like a 4 hour. the reason I had to quit was because the company didn't have short term possibility for advancement and I need work when I can learn an evolve quickly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 June 2019
I stayed for a short time after being traumatized by their method for treating employees like pawns. Using employees for after work agendas. I spoke with their HR and received hush money. But it's been years and I hear their management has changed. But it's the more you know that helps us grow into better characters. Cheers to the future.
Pros
Cons
Unappreciated
Work cleaning toilets before working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2019
The management team was horrible

The pay wasn’t worth the stress of the assigned tasks

Zero flexibility at all with scheduling for students

High traffic environment where I have an existing clientele base who came to support me through my previous jobs however manager at the location wasn’t positive With a clientele program
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list
This job was fare
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2019
I had an alright time working here, their was very unprofessionalness within the employee's. Management would discuss employee's in a negative manner with other employee's.
Pros
I learned how to multitask better working with difficult customers
Cons
Management would discuss employee's with other employee's
Great
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2019
A great and fair company to work for. Great benefits and discount with in the Reitmans banners.. If you are full time you are guaranteed hours. They have a great referral program as well
Flexible hours and interesting to learn about pregnancy clothing
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2018
I worked there a few years ago and the discount and hours were great but the management at the time was not the best. They were condescending when I made a mistake and they were very stingy about useless things in the store. Other than that, it is interesting to learn about the special material they use for the clothing and different products that help with during pregnancy (e.g. body creams and bras) and after pregnancy (e.g. nursing shirts).
Pros
Interesting to learn about pregnancy
Cons
Management was horrible
not good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2018
I did not like the work environment there .. some coworkers are rude and they don't accept different cultures .. Besides, I applied for full time job and they gave me less than 10hs a week !!!!!
Pros
short Hours
What is required of you shift wise
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2018
it does require you to work nights in which I had told them I could not and was forced to work them because the company required it. otherwise great job to be at.
Pros
great people
Cons
sometimes theinfo given isnt always the same
Great workplace and great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 May 2018
Interacting with customers, finding the right styles and fits for different stages of pregnancy. Up-selling with product knowledge.Hardest task was selling to customers who did not want to buy anything. Great environment!
Environnement de travail agréable
Conseillère mode (Former Employee) –  Lachenaie, QC2 May 2018
Travail d'équipe, clientèle chaleureuse, culture d'entreprise qui prend soin de ses employés
friendly and warm environment
Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC22 March 2018
Everybody I've worked with were nothing but nice and hard workers. I loved working there. They kept me busy all day which i love in a job. They were very happy to have me working with them which made me more than happy to work with them.
great client experience,poor leadership and coaching from DSM
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario26 January 2018
I have been with the company for over 1 year and althought and I have loved every single experience with my clientele ,I came to realize that coaching and strong leadership are not part of the current management up above store managers.
working overtime hours means nothing to them,there is not recognition for a good job .
Pros
clients and fashion forward clothing lines
Cons
horrible upper management DSM
environement de travail paisible et agréable
Conseillère mode (Current Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC29 December 2017
en tant que conseillère mode je n'ai pas vus beaucoup de côté "management" de l'entreprise, mais ce que j'ai vu de ma gérante et toute l'équipe de gestion de mon magasin était très bien. Elles sont acceuillantes et prètes à aider toutes celles qui veulent s'avancer dans la compagnie. j'ai appris beaucoup sur moi, comme mes aptitudes d'organisation en travaillant dans l'arrière-boutique. j'ai aussi appris beaucoup sur le service à la clientèle. L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste sont mes heures passé dans l'arrière-boutique; ça me permet d'utilisé ma créativité et ma logique pour trouvé des nouvelles idées d'entreposage pour les nombreux morceaux de vêtements que nous reçevont à chaque semaine.
Room for advancemnet
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
I appreciate their efforts to put the best where they deserve to be. Bonus structure is great.

Could use some work in their work life balance for employees at store level.
Decent job, but not a career
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2017
I worked for Reitman's for over 9 years, moving to all branches, eventually being moved to thyme because they said it was the only store I would be able to advance in. After working there for a year and a half I was told that they were just going to hire from the outside instead because it wasn't fair that I might play favorites. While I enjoyed the time spent there with the people I worked with it wasn't a career sadly.
They do have a great environment, nice customers and a relaxed day structure though.
Cons
long hours alone, no advancement
Great company to work for and amazing experiences.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 September 2017
I love working for Thyme.I had the greatest experiences with my clients as we take part in a very important time of their lives.
As management,policies where not strictly enforced all the time( return policies for example) which made the staff sometimes confused as we were expected to always make sure the client was happy even if it meant her returning an item that has been worn and washed.
Pros
great discounts and room for advancement
Cons
lot of presure for sales like any other retail enviroment
Thyme Maternity
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 September 2017
This is a customer centered business, that takes pride in having great customer relationships. It works on team based selling and goals. Upper management has an open door policy and welcomes new feedback and ideas.
Pros
Team based selling goals
Cons
online sales do not match in store promotions
love it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2017
regular retail job but geared towards mother and first time mothers. Always great to learn more from each customer and what they experience since during pregnancy it is different for everyone
One of the best retail jobs out there
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 July 2017
Thyme Maternity is by far one of the best retail jobs I've ever had. Full time employees have great benefits and the management was always very positive and encouraging. The discounts were amazing and helping pregnant women find clothes and products that made them feel comfortable and pretty was a fulfilling and fun experience. The breaks were often and fair and the shifts were always a reasonable length. My only complaint is that the part-time hours could be unreliable but for a student or someone with a financial plan to fall back on it would be perfect. I would absolutely recommend working for any of Reitman's affiliates if you get the chance!
Pros
great discounts, great atmosphere, regular breaks
Cons
hours depend on store's traffic and sales
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
I enjoyed working at Thyme Maternity. It was so rewarding to deal with the clientele and assist them with their maternity clothing needs. I was known as the stores special sales rep as I took interest in the clientele and their maternity journey.
Pros
Loved working the the clientele