Thunder Creek Pork is a pork manufacturing facility located in Moose Jaw. As a division of Donald’s Fine Foods, we are a family owned business that has operated in Canada for over 20 years. Donald’s Fine Foods currently has facilities in both British Columbia and Saskatchewan, sending our product all around the world.
We are seeking a Maintenance – more...Manager to join our leadership team!
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for:
• Providing leadership, training and guidance to a team of 10 unionized trades professionals
• Upholding all food safety requirements through regular maintenance and upkeep of tools and equipment
• Managing and overseeing the daily, weekly, monthly and annual preventative maintenance program
• Managing an annual departmental budget
• Advising on proposed plant expansions or modifications
• Reviewing, managing and maintaining all utility requirements for the plant and ensuring compliance with all codes, regulations and municipal bylaws
• Building and maintaining strong working relationships, both internally and externally
• Demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvements in plant processes and maximizing fiscal responsibilities while maintaining customer expectations, minimizing waste and plant mechanical downtime
• Promoting and fostering positive employee and labour relations
• Being familiar with new trends and automation, technologies in the pork or beef industries
Preference will be given to applicants possessing the following:
• Red Seal ticket in electrical
• A minimum of 3 years as a Maintenance Supervisor, Manager or Plant Superintendent
Thunder Creek Pork offers an excellent wage and benefits package, in a challenging and engaging work environment.
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter to:
Deadline for receiving applications is May 20, 2016.
Thunder Creek Pork thanks all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. – less