Thrifty Foods Employee Review

View all Thrifty Foods reviews

Good Place to work
Role as Bakery Clerk and Baker (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC21 February 2014
A typical day at work for me was either baking in the back or packaging and helping customers. I learned a lot from thriftys, most of my baking experience came from there and my customer service. Management at thriftys goes as follows your department manager, store manager, branch manager and finally company manager. Being where I was I only dealt with department and store, my department manager was great and taught me a lot. My store manager was one of the reasons I quit as he never treated some of our employees with respect and he defiantly lost mine. My co-workers were awesome and I actually would look forward to work with them! We all got along and the atmosphere was amazing. The hardest part of the job was being able to do everything they demanded on time a lot of the time I had to work overtime and deal with a lot of workload. The most enjoyable part of the job was baking. I loved making all the yummy product and the smell and taste of them were great and knowing that I made that and that people are enjoying the product I made.
Pros
They usually worked around your life and its was a fun atmosphere
Cons
too much work and not enough hours

Other Thrifty Foods Employee Reviews

I loved this job
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 April 2018
Working in the Floral Department was one of the very few jobs that I've had that i truly loved. It was just too bad that the management of the department was really inconsistent.
Pros
The product I worked with
Cons
Having to leave that job
Good
Grocery Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 April 2018
Typical day at work is pretty good, if you mind customer service. People are nice and helpful. Training is easy and useful. Hours are good if you want them.