Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Found 65 reviews matching the search See all 3,276 reviews
Shocking experience, lost my respect, nepotism, hypocrites
Anon (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 May 2019
I used to put TR on a pedestal until my experience at this location (Scarborough). The creative methods taken to let me go was very intrusive and went into my personal life.I worked very hard to understand my job despite the lack of guidance and direction from the manager. It took a turn when the mgr used sidekicks to watch my work and what I am doing.I know how work was done before I came into the picture and how it changed after I came. I made improvements in the volume, but that triggered toxic bullying from her jealous people (who might I add appeared very sweet on the outside, but very dangerous) I like to interact with people but I don't make that my 8 hours when I am at work, only during breaks and lunches. After I heard my mgr spreading rumors about me to the same people I talk to and also saying that I didn't want to do a certain task, which was so false, I kept quiet. Everything was so childish. Even the other female managers who didn't even know me, called me a foul word behind the scenes, I can overhear all of this. I went through the most creative bullying scenarios I have ever seen and my experience caused many breakdowns. It was horrible.

Please don't hire someone just to satisfy a diversity quota or a referral. If you don't want to hire someone don't hire them. BUT don't hire them and then push them away with such poisonous bullying so they can quit. Although I didn't quit, they were trying to make me. I miss my customers that I was interacting with on my job. I did my job well and I have compliments to show for it, even from the same people who were
  more... saying nonsense about me. Respect people, treat them the way you would want to be treated not how you think they want to be treated. This is something I heard from an HR person from TR. " Treat people how they want to be treated." First time I had heard this, but just letting you know this is a skewed way of thinking. I never asked to be treated like the scum of the earth, I respect and support people and NEVER judge people I don't know, even if you perceive they are of a lower "caste".  less
Pros
Pay, Leave earlier on Fridays, Products
Cons
Everything else
Very Relaxed enviroment
Production Editor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 May 2019
Overall a great place to work, learning continuously throughout the day. Very challenging as the workload is very detailed. Processing emails daily and completing client requests.
Pros
Relaxed work enviroment
Cons
not a great pay
Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2019
Constant management reorg. Need to have clear strategy and innovate on your own instead of following others. Products need to be ahead of the market instead of behind
Pros
good people
Cons
no progression
have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (more than 10 Years)
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York7 March 2019
Culture (Welcoming, Flexible, Value-Driven)
Collaborative Atmosphere - people value your feedback/input at all levels of the organization
Employee Appreciation - TR truly values their employees (Employee Picnics, Continuous Education/Training, Career Development,
Great place to work at
Analyst Programmer - Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 February 2019
It's a nice place to work at. It has a very good company culture. People are friendly and nice to work with.Location is good too. I've been working there many years and I had a great experience.
Wonderful palce to work
INTERNATIONAL- ADVANCED DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Gdyina Poland23 January 2019
working atmosphere wonderful and motivational,
multicultural surrounding,
great possibility to learn and get educated all the time
supportive team leaders
workplace culture
charity work
Good part time Job
Editor, Legal Carswell (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2019
Good work when you can get work but sometimes there just is not anything to do. Other times there is a surplus! People there are the best. Would like to work there full time.
Analytical
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2019
- Great work environment
- Willing to learn old technologies. Multitasking is must
.- The company gives lot of opportunities to advance to other roles.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Lessdiversity
Fun place to work
New Order Fulfilment & Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2019
TR is a great place to work. They are always looking to promote within the organization and have a good rep for building talent within, They have a program great program called the "Leadership Intern Program"
Pros
Employee activities
Cons
long hours during the holidays
Good place to work if you have a family and need stability
Project Manager, Findlaw (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2018
Great place to work! Half day Friday’s are a plus! Good benefits. Overall a good company to work. Cons: Salary can be higher, bonus is always very minimal.
Productive and Fun workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2018
Great work/life balance company with good benefits. Departments here are like small families. They really care about their employees and you create many relationships that last.
Great products - challenging market
Director, Global Enterprise Account Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
The products TR Canada brings to market are second to none. The challenge is penetrating the smaller businesses/clients due to the transactional nature of their businesses (their clients). Products are, for the most part, built and priced to serve the largest entities, and market pricing/messaging for anyone else is inconsistent due to immense price sensitivity.
Pros
Leader in the Canadian Legal Market (for the most part)
Cons
Part of a global organization but Canadian revenues are so insignificant vs other regions, consistent/effective product development and strategies can't be leveraged globally.
Lots of great people but a very dysfunctional organization
Lead Software Engineer / Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 November 2018
Lots of great people but a very dysfunctional organization. The organization is going through a major transition and purging many long-term and key personnel with no regard to the impact on the associated products. I would avoid hitching your career's start to TR's wagon.
Pros
Lots of good people
Cons
Wants to be Oracle
environnement de travail instable
Directeur des ventes (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 November 2018
environnement de travail instable. le secteur de vente est instable
A company in Transition
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
Thomson Reuters is a company that is trying to redefine itself once again. When I was employed there, we always seemed to be re-organizing ourselves, which meant possible layoffs. The company had also bought a number of competitors as the industry for data and technology was amalgamating. This meant that the company had to place major efforts and resources into trying to make some major networks work together and cost the company in many ways.
Pros
Great benefits, some roles allow you to work from home
Cons
Always seems to be re-organizing itself
Unfavourable
Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 October 2018
I have not enjoyed my time at Thomson Reuters. The structural changes have not been managed well by the leaders in my department. There is a culture of complacency and managers reactive negatively when you want to improve efficiency.
The only positive is the great benefit package.
Flexible working environment
Research Analyst, Economics (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region31 August 2018
This company really good for newbies, you can easily adopt to the working environment and the employees were mostly at your age bracket. They have employee engagement. They value employees but the salary was not competitive enough in the market place.
Good Company
Lead Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
Good Company, work enviroment depends on which department you are in. Can be stressful at a time. Pay and benefit are above averrage.Restructuring happens very oftern, not good for the moral of the employee
Pros
Good pay and benefit
Cons
too many restructuring.
environement agreable et productive
Graham, Montréal, QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 June 2018
Une équipe hors pairs, qui donnent le max pour servir et satisfaire leurs clients (Service à la clientèle)
Pros
Esprit d'équipe
Cons
Contrat
Good pension, but too many managers
Editor (Previously Senior Editor) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
This company is annually recognized as one of the best employers in Canada, and it's easy to see why. They have a fantastic pension and good policies around work/life balance. However, the company is extremely hierarchical with many levels of management, so you can find yourself in the middle of your career as a mid-level manager reporting to mid-level managers and in turn managing people who are themselves mid-level managers. In other words, it's a bureaucratic office culture.
Pros
pension
Cons
bureaucracy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K