Thomson Reuters

Found 89 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,865 reviews

Insights into Thomson Reuters

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Overall, it is a good working environment.

Compared to previous and later work places, TR is a good place to work, there are some benefits and good people to work with. Like most of the employers, job security and advancement could be challenging.

Life at Thomson Reuters went downhill

They laid off people during the pandemic, even when the corporate profits went up.No real career advancement opportunities.Starting in 2020, Thomson Reuters hired a wave of new managers. Many of them have no qualifications to lead a team. Some of them are bullies. In general, the culture has changed for the worst, specially in IT / technology. People are quitting all over the place, not because they are looking for a better organization, but because they need to get away from bad managers.If you are a new employee trying to get a job at Thomson Reuters, I would suggest the following: don't let them interview you, but you interview the manager and ask for his/her references. Otherwise, you are going to join and then quit shortly after, like so many others.

Benefits

Cons

Extremely bad management

It Wasn't Great

Overloaded with work, then found out I was bearing the brunt for most of it, since other people in my position weren't getting assigned the same number of tasks as I was. Also found out I was being underpaid by about 10k as compared to the others. There was also nowhere to advance to so you were stuck with the same pay, workload and general work unless you decided to look for a job elsewhere.Burnout was very real. TR repaid me by getting rid of my entire marketing dept and letting us all go save for some of the managers.

respectful and progressive

Having full of synergy and collaboration, everyone has a defined sets of tasks in an agile style. You can transparently see what you have built up progresses and gets more mature. This respectful company has a set of defined missions and a perfect vision to ensure promising profit which is a reliable and safe side for all staff.

Pros

ergonomic, friendly and highly comfortable, inclusive, diverse and pleasant, multiple international locations, good salaries and bonuses

Cons

no lunch, incapable of retaining professional personnel.

Productive with fiscal road maps and achievement targets

Well established company with great culture, work-life balance, several employee programs, fast-paced and competitive and motivating. Results-driven with room for growth and peer-mentoring programs

Productive Place

Typical day consists of daily sync up meeting, identifying goals for the day. Remarkably supportive team that provides proper training and career advancement information. Atleast 2-3 days a week, can be work from home.

Very good workplace culture, enjoyed working with my team

It has very good workplace culture where people in different department are very cooperate. It's good in work and life balance. I've enjoyed working with my team.

Journalism Intern

Pitched, reported and wrote numerous published stories on the arts, culture and fashion. Conducted interviews and research to uncover compelling and signi cant news. Worked closely with photographers and TV to deliver strong multimedia packages.

Great place to work. Good opportunities and benefits for employees. Well established work place with a solid foundation, but did not lack in the innovation department. Felt constantly challenged and hence growth was constant.

Wonderful place to work with great people!

TR is a wonderful employer which shows consideration for its employees. There are several opportunities for upgrading one's skills and for advancement.

Great Workplace

I was given the opportunity to advance my career in a fun and challenging workplace. I was put in a management program and promoted to Team Lead and eventually became a Supervisor which gave me the needed tools for leading teams.

Great culture

Great place to work, great people to work with and great management there isn’t much places to go once you’re there but great for experience and exposure

Official response from Thomson Reuters

25 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We appreciate your years of service at Thomson Reuters!

E-Learning explosion

It was a great place to learn a lot about on-line products since my work was for Canada, USA and international. I was accountable to manage our enterprise account with Adobe and find new solutions to increase the quality and time delivery of our modules and certifications.

Good place to work.

Good benefits. Productive environment. Work half days every Friday. Can purchase company shares. Starts with three week vacation. Job Work Life Balance.

Cool place

Strong company where lots of interesting people work. Diverse group of collaborators who support team-first mentality and collaborate quickly and effeciently.

Great place to work to show you don’t want to work

A lot of “lifers” here who think they can do whatever the F they want, so you have a lot of non-working-workers. Morale is very hollow through the whole company. It’s not “exciting” place to work.

Pros

Work-life-balance

Cons

Micro-managing managers

Well paid / Stressful environment

Great company for work-life balance and pay structure. Quite competitive and stressful environment, need to be focused on results and self-driven. Lots of change

Great people to work with

Some of the greatest people I have worked with over the years and not just on the teams I worked on but with other teams I interacted with. Many opportunities for advancement or even career path changes if desired.

Good place to work, good benefits, great work culture, but low salary

Good place to work, good benefits, great work culture, great people and work life balance, but salary on the low side. Company provided many opportunities to learn and become positive team members.

Productive, fast paced

Good teamwork is promoted. Training opportunities are provided to employees to excel in their work. An effort is being made to bring in transparency. Great customer service is provided to customers even though there is fast-paced workflow.

Pros

Free team lunches

Cons

Fast paced environment, lacks job security/ advancement

A great company that provides very good benefits and work-life balance.

ThomsonReuters is like my second home. It is a diverse and very fair company. Very good benefits and it gives it employees a good work-life balance. It encourages its employees to grow and develop skills wise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomson Reuters. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Thomson Reuters