Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Employee Reviews

Canada86 reviews
Overall, it is a good working environment.
Compared to previous and later work places, TR is a good place to work, there are some benefits and good people to work with. Like most of the employers, job security and advancement could be challenging.
Productive Place
Typical day consists of daily sync up meeting, identifying goals for the day. Remarkably supportive team that provides proper training and career advancement information.
Atleast 2-3 days a week, can be work from home.
Very good workplace culture, enjoyed working with my team
It has very good workplace culture where people in different department are very cooperate. It's good in work and life balance. I've enjoyed working with my team.
Journalism Intern
Pitched, reported and wrote numerous published stories on the arts, culture and fashion.
Conducted interviews and research to uncover compelling and signi cant news.

Worked closely with photographers and TV to deliver strong multimedia packages.
Great place to work. Good opportunities and benefits for employees. Well established work place with a solid foundation, but did not lack in the innovation department. Felt constantly challenged and hence growth was constant.
Wonderful place to work with great people!
TR is a wonderful employer which shows consideration for its employees. There are several opportunities for upgrading one's skills and for advancement.
Great Workplace
I was given the opportunity to advance my career in a fun and challenging workplace. I was put in a management program and promoted to Team Lead and eventually became a Supervisor which gave me the needed tools for leading teams.
Great culture
Great place to work, great people to work with and great management there isn’t much places to go once you’re there but great for experience and exposure
Official response from Thomson Reuters
25 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We appreciate your years of service at Thomson Reuters!
E-Learning explosion
It was a great place to learn a lot about on-line products since my work was for Canada, USA and international. I was accountable to manage our enterprise account with Adobe and find new solutions to increase the quality and time delivery of our modules and certifications.
Good place to work.
Good benefits. Productive environment. Work half days every Friday. Can purchase company shares. Starts with three week vacation. Job Work Life Balance.
Cool place
Strong company where lots of interesting people work. Diverse group of collaborators who support team-first mentality and collaborate quickly and effeciently.
Great place to work to show you don’t want to work
A lot of “lifers” here who think they can do whatever the F they want, so you have a lot of non-working-workers. Morale is very hollow through the whole company. It’s not “exciting” place to work.
Pros
Work-life-balance
Cons
Micro-managing managers
Well paid / Stressful environment
Great company for work-life balance and pay structure. Quite competitive and stressful environment, need to be focused on results and self-driven. Lots of change
Great people to work with
Some of the greatest people I have worked with over the years and not just on the teams I worked on but with other teams I interacted with. Many opportunities for advancement or even career path changes if desired.
Good place to work, good benefits, great work culture, but low salary
Good place to work, good benefits, great work culture, great people and work life balance, but salary on the low side.
Company provided many opportunities to learn and become positive team members.
Productive, fast paced
Good teamwork is promoted. Training opportunities are provided to employees to excel in their work. An effort is being made to bring in transparency. Great customer service is provided to customers even though there is fast-paced workflow.
Pros
Free team lunches
Cons
Fast paced environment, lacks job security/ advancement
A great company that provides very good benefits and work-life balance.
ThomsonReuters is like my second home. It is a diverse and very fair company. Very good benefits and it gives it employees a good work-life balance. It encourages its employees to grow and develop skills wise.
Good company, good benefits, old structure
TR is a great place to work. Good work life balance, very nice co-workers. Workforce is not very talented. Too many developers that are inefficient.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance
Cons
Culture is not startup, red tape
poor inter department comunication
Questionable management in Mont Royal office. Learned many skills on how to service a client needs. Enjoyed helping the clients with the product. Lack of advancement.
it was productive
Lack of communication between the departments in Mont-Royal. management is questionable.
Pros
Pension Plan
Very open and welcoming culture
Some of the best culture and work ethic I've seen. Managers are always open to suggestions and discussion. Co-workers are very friendly, no drama. Half day Fridays are great. A great place to work at.
Pros
Half day Fridays
Cons
Average salary