Thompson Rivers University Employee Review

View all Thompson Rivers University reviews

Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 January 2014
Accolades Dining Room is a fine dining experience that serves 5 course meals and also has an excellent wine menu to accompany meals.
The culinary department also caters banquet events for large amounts of guests. They are either plate service of 3 - 5 course meals or buffet style.
At TRU's culinary department I have expanded my knowledge of fine food and wine. I also learned to appreciate the hard work and effective communication the front of the house and back had to put into an event to provide an amazing experience for the guests.
The management of Accolades have been there for many years and my coworkers were enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part but also an enjoyable challenge of the job was time management in set up however we never failed to be ready for service.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with the guests and being able to help make their experience an enjoyable one so they would want to return to our establishment and experience it all again.
Pros
the salary
Cons
it was only on call part time

Other Thompson Rivers University Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Volunteer for fall orientation (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 May 2019
I like to talk with different people from different calture, that is part of the reason I want to get a job which can talk and help others. I desire to learn.
friendly work place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 May 2019
Awesome people working there. It has good holiday and flexible schedule to me. All co-workers are very nice and friendly with strong team work and communication.