Thompson River Veneer Products

Thompson River Veneer Products Employee Reviews

This company took care in making sure every employee felt safe working around heavy equipment as well as making sure every employee was trained thoroughly about WHIMIS also had annual safety meetings.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Management here is really unorganized and I would not recommend this place to work at. Many yelling matches between workers and staff. The only good thing was one of the shift managers was really easy to talk to and was fair
This employer promotes a toxic work environment, rampant harassment and bullying by management Refuses to follow employment standards act by making employees to work ot but only getting paid straight time for it. Total disregard for employees safety Fork lift drivers have had many major safety infraction yet still allowed to be on a fork lift has even hit people.
Hard work, good people. I was treated well by everyone at this mill, would definitely recommend this job. They gave me an opportunity when i had no experience. Made some good friends here.
Pros
Safe Working Enviornment
Cons
Repetitive Work
Met a lot of people at Thompson River Veneer Products, good workers, lots of fun with the job. Still keeping in touch with some of my old coworkers from time to time.
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
Hot conditions in summer
I worked there for 4 years. Finally got a promoted and then was told 4 months later that they could no longer afford my salary. I was put back on production only to find out that they had hired another person to take my place. No one ever discussed with me that my work had been unsatisfactory in any way. If this mill had a union in place this would never have happened. This job is good for short term only as they are very cheap and disregard seniority. Also be aware In the summertime the working environment gets insanely hot and they expect you to work at full speed even when it is about 50 degrees Celsius.
Pros
Employees are friendly
Cons
Management sucks
I really enjoyed working there, the work was good, the people are good, management was awesome. Best mill I worked at