Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP

Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews

3.0Pay & benefits

Very busy place to work at with good people

Very busy place to work at with good people. Great modern new office in the heart of downtown. Close to Cityplace and many great restaurants in the area.

Satisfying place to work with flexibility and room to move around

Most of the staff is extremely helpful and willing to answer any questions. The firm offers many small perks for being part of the team such as discounts to certain products and services. They are well established with support staff for everything from training, to accounting and computer systems operators. Should you need reduced hours, they are pretty flexible in making that possible for you. Management is really friendly and enthusiastic. There is a lot of room to move around in the different areas of law, and to work with many different people. They also have a pretty thorough training program with mentors assigned to help you with any questions in the first couple months. Definitely the right place to train your organizational skills and responsibility levels. Great place to come to with little experience and grow from there.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Paying for parking

Insights into Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Overall decent place to work.

Some truly amazing people to work with for the most part. Typical office environment. Very understanding with regards to family life etc. Lots of extra perks.

Pros

Treat Day, free concert tickets

Cons

management

Fast pace and high energy

Overall it was an ok place to work. Management could have been better towards assistants and not so lawyer based. Moved on after 2.5 years as a better opportunity came forward.

Professional and fun work environment

A typical day at work is very busy but enjoyable. I am always on my toes. I've learned how to prioritize for due dates and able to manage multiple clients, projects on a timely basis. I work with some incredible people which some have been a role model to me. I am on various committees which I volunteer my time towards. I enjoy many things about my job from working with my bosses, dealing with clients and getting to know them as well as working with my colleagues.

High Energy and Face Paced Environment

Prepare and send accounts to clients Payment of invoices Transcription Scheduling of meetings and conferences Preparing of corporate documents and other legal correspondence

Stressful environment, fast-paced, but job satisfaction!

Unfortunately, my term is ending in the fall, or sooner, whenever files that I am working on are completed. This was an ongoing claim in the courts, and the deadline for new applicants was two years ago, although we had a backlog of several hundred clients. I have experience in all the jobs on our team, however, I am currently the front line assistant, whose job is the first one to go, with no guarantee that I will be able to procure another job at the same firm when my job is ended. I would like to stay at this firm, however, I am applying for jobs elsewhere as I don't not want to have a job when my current one has ended. The job is enjoyable, but stressful due to the workload and backlog and some crazy personalities of co-workers!

Pros

great benefits, and I have every second Friday off.

Cons

stress and under-appreciated for the work we accomplish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement