Thomas Solutions
Thomas Solutions Employee Review

Sub standard conditions

21 August 2019
Poor organization, equipment not up to industry standards, poor communication between employees and management, high turn over rate of employees / drivers, personal manager continually switching job duties to match their operator shortages, management merging 2 jobs into 1 when not enough employees to cover all the jobs and expecting same job performance continually
30 July 2020
Skilled Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) - Hamilton, ON
Blend in and just deal with everything management throws at you despite the lunacy of it. Co workers for the most part are excellent. Management is less than to be desired. Very minimal if not poor communication skills. It’s pretty much like reliving a highschool dramatic experience over again. Can’t begin to tell you how things are embellished from one person to the next. Make sure to always back yourself up. And if you are kill then with kindness. This is no a good place to work for if you see something that is wrong. Best to just avoid it and put your head down.
Pros
Not working there
Cons
3 June 2020
Truck Driver (Former Employee) - Hamilton, ON
Very good people to work with, unfortunately, the pay was insufficient and work hours were not to my liking. During the same week, had to do 12 hour shifts on days and nights, which was very difficult to adjust to.
25 February 2020
Diesel technician (Current Employee) - Hamilton, ON
I have been an employee at Thomas for 8 years now . The company is disorganized and there is a huge lack of management . Unless you hound them continuously , you often get forgotten about . The equipment is old and filthy . The management doesn’t seem to understand exactly what it takes to keep the equipment safe , and if they do , they certainly don’t want to spend the money to make it right ... They’d rather just make it work. I would recommend to anyone wanting to fully round out their mechanics game , or , for that matter anything at Thomas solutions , not to seek employment there . There is no wage increases unless you quit , as well as no advancement opportunities. It has gotten to the point where money is becoming more important than safety . As I said , this place is a joke and you will not go anywhere with them . I would highly recommend skipping right past their ad . They are not worth the time of day . I currently work here and find myself very often with no desire to go to work . I am looking elsewhere . Nobody in the management cares about anything other than getting the job done , gross negligence , misuse and abuse of equipment goes unpunished , causing thousands of dollars in unnecessary repair bills , without a word spoken to the persons involved. They do not seem to care about any problems or concerns that you bring to them , you are often regarded as a “problem employee “ or a “thorn in their side” when raising any such concerns . No care or consideration is given to employees whatsoever . I will never return to the organization ...
Pros
You can get away with murder !
Cons
You can get away with murder !