Thomas Solutions
Thomas Solutions Employee Review

Excellent company, excellent co-workers

7 March 2019
I have been at Thomas Solutions for almost 9 years. Every work place has pros and cons. I can say I don't sit in my car not wanting to go into work.... I had that before. I work in the shop and I can say that I love my job, no matter how busy and stressful I am. I have an AWESOME manager. Right down from the techs to the yard guys, office staff to dispatch, everyone works together to get the job done. We are a busy Cartage and Leasing company and we just keep growing. Yes, we are a dirtier shop... it is what it is when Dofasco is your primary customer. It's straight days and plenty of overtime. Work atmosphere is the main thing for me, and we get plenty of laughter and joking. And do we get disorganized? Of course. That's what happens when you service over 800 light duty, 40 heavy duty trucks and not to mention the trailers. If you are looking for consistent work without worrying about layoffs and being bored, send us your resume. We can always use good people!
Pros
Great people, recognition by management, lots of overtime
Cons
dirty work environment
25 October 2020
AZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) - Hamilton, ON
Meat in the seat ...No one cares as long as you show up to work....nasty trucks that are unsafe and dirty...Team leaders are a joke that don't care about their jobs...
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Miserable people
30 July 2020
Skilled Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) - Hamilton, ON
Blend in and just deal with everything management throws at you despite the lunacy of it. Co workers for the most part are excellent. Management is less than to be desired. Very minimal if not poor communication skills. It’s pretty much like reliving a highschool dramatic experience over again. Can’t begin to tell you how things are embellished from one person to the next. Make sure to always back yourself up. And if you are kill then with kindness. This is no a good place to work for if you see something that is wrong. Best to just avoid it and put your head down.
Pros
Not working there
3 June 2020
Truck Driver (Former Employee) - Hamilton, ON
Very good people to work with, unfortunately, the pay was insufficient and work hours were not to my liking. During the same week, had to do 12 hour shifts on days and nights, which was very difficult to adjust to.