Thomas Solutions Employee Reviews

If youre ok with added work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2019
This place is a cool place to work. There is alot of cattiness. Alot of people are hypocrites there and because they are short staffed they just pile work on you they are nice people but some tend to lash out their anger on you and expect you to normal the next day. Decent money. Good over time. Petty people.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Immaturity, Unfairness
Excellent company, excellent co-workers
Asst. Shop Manager / Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 March 2019
I have been at Thomas Solutions for almost 9 years. Every work place has pros and cons. I can say I don't sit in my car not wanting to go into work.... I had that before. I work in the shop and I can say that I love my job, no matter how busy and stressful I am. I have an AWESOME manager. Right down from the techs to the yard guys, office staff to dispatch, everyone works together to get the job done. We are a busy Cartage and Leasing company and we just keep growing. Yes, we are a dirtier shop... it is what it is when Dofasco is your primary customer. It's straight days and plenty of overtime. Work atmosphere is the main thing for me, and we get plenty of laughter and joking. And do we get disorganized? Of course. That's what happens when you service over 800 light duty, 40 heavy duty trucks and not to mention the trailers. If you are looking for consistent work without worrying about layoffs and being bored, send us your resume. We can always use good people!
Pros
Great people, recognition by management, lots of overtime
Cons
dirty work environment
Good work life balance
Scale Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2019
Good place to work if you are looking for work life balance ..given the vast amount of schedules available. Work starts at six ends at six. five days on five days off.
Lack of management - very disorganized
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 October 2018
I currently work at this company and I would not recommend it to anyone job searching as a mechanic. The management is very disorganized, sometimes it becomes quite comical. The equipment is old and outdated and run in a dirty enviorment with no cleanings.
Pros
Good Hours, Good People
Cons
Poor Pay, Needs better management
Very good place to work
Truck apprentice (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 November 2017
Love working here currently employed at Thomas good people . Yea every shop has its problems but this shop has potential for growth and positions of leadership to be filled try it out steady days great job
find something else...
AZ DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 October 2017
no one ever stays at this place with good reason! first being management. second wage. third job. only good thing was set hours. they still have the Dofasco Contract and equipment just passes. if you find things broke "you did it" also don't write anything down on your pre or post trip in this case it seems...
Pros
set shift.
Cons
management!!!
Former dempster operator
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 March 2017
Good place to work great schedule lacks a good salary due to working continental shifts very good team surrounding very easy work just needs a better salary
Good Place
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 June 2016
Only problem was the lead hands tend to not help out with the scheduling changes and would make there own choice over friends instead of who is better for the job
excellent place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2015
excellent and professional employees as well as the CEO was very happy working for this company .did everything to make sure safety and proper training were in place.
Pros
excellent poeple to work with...
Cons
didnt find any