Thomas Solutions

Thomas Solutions Employee Reviews

Very good people to work with, unfortunately, the pay was insufficient and work hours were not to my liking. During the same week, had to do 12 hour shifts on days and nights, which was very difficult to adjust to.
Meat in the seat ...No one cares as long as you show up to work....nasty trucks that are unsafe and dirty...Team leaders are a joke that don't care about their jobs...
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Miserable people
Blend in and just deal with everything management throws at you despite the lunacy of it. Co workers for the most part are excellent. Management is less than to be desired. Very minimal if not poor communication skills. It’s pretty much like reliving a highschool dramatic experience over again. Can’t begin to tell you how things are embellished from one person to the next. Make sure to always back yourself up. And if you are kill then with kindness. This is no a good place to work for if you see something that is wrong. Best to just avoid it and put your head down.
Pros
Not working there
Cons
I have been an employee at Thomas for 8 years now . The company is disorganized and there is a huge lack of management . Unless you hound them continuously , you often get forgotten about . The equipment is old and filthy . The management doesn’t seem to understand exactly what it takes to keep the equipment safe , and if they do , they certainly don’t want to spend the money to make it right ... They’d rather just make it work. I would recommend to anyone wanting to fully round out their mechanics game , or , for that matter anything at Thomas solutions , not to seek employment there . There is no wage increases unless you quit , as well as no advancement opportunities. It has gotten to the point where money is becoming more important than safety . As I said , this place is a joke and you will not go anywhere with them . I would highly recommend skipping right past their ad . They are not worth the time of day . I currently work here and find myself very often with no desire to go to work . I am looking elsewhere . Nobody in the management cares about anything other than getting the job done , gross negligence , misuse and abuse of equipment goes unpunished , causing thousands of dollars in unnecessary repair bills , without a word spoken to the persons involved. They do not seem to care about any problems or concerns that you bring to them , you are often regarded as a “problem employee “ or a “thorn in their side” when raising any such concerns . No care or consideration is given to employees whatsoever . I will never return to the organization ...
Pros
You can get away with murder !
Cons
You can get away with murder !
it was a pleasure working for Thomas solutions. They were helpful and accommodating. they provided a safe and reliable working atmosphere. my time with them was over all a productive and enjoyable time
Poor organization, equipment not up to industry standards, poor communication between employees and management, high turn over rate of employees / drivers, personal manager continually switching job duties to match their operator shortages, management merging 2 jobs into 1 when not enough employees to cover all the jobs and expecting same job performance continually
Love the 12 hour shift schedule. Wages are average. If you don't live in Hamilton then they are below average consideration given to fuel and commute.
Pros
Lots of days off on the flip side lots of overtime if that's your game
Cons
Average wage. Treated like meat in a seat. Seems to be certain pets In the herd.
This place is a cool place to work. There is alot of cattiness. Alot of people are hypocrites there and because they are short staffed they just pile work on you they are nice people but some tend to lash out their anger on you and expect you to normal the next day. Decent money. Good over time. Petty people.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Immaturity, Unfairness
I have been at Thomas Solutions for almost 9 years. Every work place has pros and cons. I can say I don't sit in my car not wanting to go into work.... I had that before. I work in the shop and I can say that I love my job, no matter how busy and stressful I am. I have an AWESOME manager. Right down from the techs to the yard guys, office staff to dispatch, everyone works together to get the job done. We are a busy Cartage and Leasing company and we just keep growing. Yes, we are a dirtier shop... it is what it is when Dofasco is your primary customer. It's straight days and plenty of overtime. Work atmosphere is the main thing for me, and we get plenty of laughter and joking. And do we get disorganized? Of course. That's what happens when you service over 800 light duty, 40 heavy duty trucks and not to mention the trailers. If you are looking for consistent work without worrying about layoffs and being bored, send us your resume. We can always use good people!
Pros
Great people, recognition by management, lots of overtime
Cons
dirty work environment
Good place to work if you are looking for work life balance ..given the vast amount of schedules available. Work starts at six ends at six. five days on five days off.
I currently work at this company and I would not recommend it to anyone job searching as a mechanic. The management is very disorganized, sometimes it becomes quite comical. The equipment is old and outdated and run in a dirty enviorment with no cleanings.
Pros
Good Hours, Good People
Cons
Poor Pay, Needs better management
Love working here currently employed at Thomas good people . Yea every shop has its problems but this shop has potential for growth and positions of leadership to be filled try it out steady days great job
no one ever stays at this place with good reason! first being management. second wage. third job. only good thing was set hours. they still have the Dofasco Contract and equipment just passes. if you find things broke "you did it" also don't write anything down on your pre or post trip in this case it seems...
Pros
set shift.
Cons
management!!!
Good place to work great schedule lacks a good salary due to working continental shifts very good team surrounding very easy work just needs a better salary
Only problem was the lead hands tend to not help out with the scheduling changes and would make there own choice over friends instead of who is better for the job
excellent and professional employees as well as the CEO was very happy working for this company .did everything to make sure safety and proper training were in place.
Pros
excellent poeple to work with...
Cons
didnt find any