Thomas Sabo

Thomas Sabo Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
A typical day at work consisted of daily tasks such as dusting, cleaning, ensure the till is balanced. Selling jewelry was the most difficult part of the job considering the location I was in.
Management listens. Everyone is always kind and helpful and they give really good training. The products are also really good quality, so selling is pretty easy.
If you are looking for a positive, stress-free working environment, this isn’t the one for you. If you’re looking for somewhere that pays good, be assertive and request the pay you want, because you’ll probably get it. In terms of management, your worst nightmare. If you don’t kiss up, you won’t advance. Even though advancing should focus solely on your performance. Management is not understanding at all. They’re the ones that make you hate working there , along with trying to enforce extremely unrealistic sales goals for a low-volume store. If you are looking for a work place where you’re able to be happy, advocate for yourself, when needed, and not have to compete with managers to get sales, Thomas Sabo Toronto Premium IS NOT the place for you
Start either the morning or afternoon of the shift. Manager will review the target or I will coach others to know the sale goal of their day. Then we will push as much as possible to bring the customer the best customer service. In addition, we also push them to buy more. LOL
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Light is so bright in the shop
Worked for this company for 3 years. The first two years were good but it started to get a bit strange with team environment, a lot of employee's I worked with complained about being treated unequally and ended up leaving their position.
Pros
Chill environment
Cons
Very high sales goals and unfair company culture towards employees
Good manager and loverly coworkers. And they also give me good training and show me a lot of skills of selling products. Customers are high level ones, and good environment.
Working at TS Yorkdale location was fun, as the crowd was always full of surprises. On a typical day, depending on which day of the week it was, we would mainly complete the store tasks as a team, and mainly focus on customers.
Nice workplace
Banked hours

Poor culture

Poor training

Employee opinions do not matter.

Company Politics

Ability to work autonomously

Low wages

No staff bonuses
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management, high turnover and no room to grow.
Good team and management, the job is stressful but exciting enough if you are willing to work hard. The challenge is always retaining staff because the part time hours are low. No marketing budget but they expect sales performance based on walk ins and repeat clientele. Salary is ok, could be better but sales are not there for them to pay as high as they should.
Pros
Meetings out of city, perks, beautiful jewelry
Cons
Lack of organization, out of date system
Company started to become much more organized once back under control of Thomas Sabo Ltd (Was previously franchised)

Great training tools in place for staff.

Great jewellery allocation per season for all staff.
Pros
Jewellery allocation.
If you are patient and have the time to help customers out to pick out their jewelry then they either buy it refuse it and your still sane. Then this is your place.
Pros
Play with the displays
Cons
Very dead.
Thomas Sabo has a great work environment, with great culture, management style, people, and products. I would recommend this place to everyone. Thank You
Slower environment, focused on clientele, and up selling. Competitive with commission, very little structure with performance management. Low creative outlet with little strategy. sales is the only standard.
Being the first store in Winnipeg for this company made the days very long as customer traffic was low. The management was not very educated/trained for the position and staff was constantly having to fix problems as well as complete paperwork etc. Not required for their positions.
Cons
lack of direction/management
The most enjoyable part at working at Thomas Sabo is the customers and I learned alot about luxury Jewelry.

Everyones needs were unique from client to client and my co-workers all learned at a different pace.
- Vente
- Service à la clientèle

- Balancer la caisse

- Ouverture/Fermeture
Not so stimulating especially on "dead" days. Jewelry is beautiful but sometimes hard to sell, because it is not a necessity. It is a luxury brand and I love working with the staff, but head office is very disorganized and not very personable. Not a job I would recommend to anyone I know.
Pros
My manager is extremely flexible and willing to listen to my needs.
Cons
Not enough foot traffic
Typical work day include checking my daily task, sales goals, emails, going through orders and transfers. From time to time I also have to organize, clean and replenish displays. I learned a lot about jewelry and how to fix them as well. I enjoy working with my sales team, but conversing with the headoffice team has been difficult as they tend to mix up orders and take a while to answer my questions. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the secret shopper since anyone with a mark lower then a 85% will receive an immediate right up. I received a 92% which is currently the highest mark received out of all three Thomas Sabo locations in BC. The most enjoyable part of this job is receiving the new collection and choosing our allocations.
Pros
free jewelry
Cons
No salaery raise even after 3 years of work, stressful goals/targets
Luxury high end retail brand offering unique and phenomenal jewellery