Thinking Capital

Thinking Capital Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
enjoyed my time here, but I wouldn't go back now
enjoyed my time here, but I wouldn't go back now. left that place in the dust and never looked back. although I did meet some great people there who are still friends to this day.
Unprofessional and childish work environment
I worked at thinking capital for several years. The hours were long and the demands were unrealistic. When new tasks were assigned, little to no directions were given by upper management; in fact, there was a general lack of support from them. The overall office culture is childish and lacks professionalism.

On a positive note, the work events are really well done and fun.
Great people
Amazing team, work hard play hard environment

Management was fair

Hr team.focused on employee culture

Great team work between departments

And ability to work from home
Avoid like the plague!
The company is full of bullies that strongarm clients into taking their high interest capital. They record conversations and then play them across the office and make up catch phrases to mock the people on the other line as motivation for people to chase the money. It's not a place for anyone with compassion or empathy.
Successful Fin-tech company with great benefits & subsidized lunch
Thinking Capital has a vigorous training program. I am always learning about the industry as well as new sales techniques and how to handle the toughest of situations and rebuttals.

As an Account Executive, I am responsible for closing the deal. A typical day consists of 150 out bound dials and 2 hours of talk time while managing a book of a few thousand accounts. Follow up and organization is instrumental in my success.

The hardest part of the job is getting fresh leads that are generated by The Business Development Representatives. There are not always enough to go around. Hence the culture is one of pressure at times. But management is excellent at making it as enjoyable a possible.

So being good a prospecting is vital!

It is extremely exciting to get a win and make a sale. The feeling of being rewarded as well as helping the company attain its goals and ultimately make money is probably the best part of the job.
Pros
subsidized lunches, great benefits, excellent at team bonding
Cons
long hours, outside factors often negate the sale and it has nothing to do with me
Nice work culture
The job atmosphere is nice but the management is terrible. there is no room for advancement. there is a lot of perks if you work in the sales department .
Foosball Table
Great place to work at as a start for a career especially if you are looking to grow within a sales environment. Great opportunities for advancement and amazing training and management team to help you along the way. Highly recommend
Consider something else if you want "more" for yourself
a very limited place, not much growth, management over looks alot of talent with favoritism.

the job is fun, the customers are great but if you want somewhere to grow, find something else.
Pros
job is fun, customers are nice, planned activites, proximity to metros restaurants and malls
Cons
no growth, cut throat, high school drama vibe, poor management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Thinking Capital?
Friendly environment
The sales can be a bit tough as you are working commission, but when you get the hang of things the pay can be very rewarding.
The benefits are decent and they treat their staff well.
great stepping stone
great place to start as a sales executive and grow and learn how to sell,
if you want it you can get it- but you have to want it

great place to start in the fintech industry
Work hard play hard
Fun culture with high expectations of meeting KPI- high stress, fast paced, great experience - you get what you put in and it is your small mini business- company is changing with no clear direction
General
Great opportunity and experience and it helped get me to where I'm today.
Fast-paced environment with great opportunity to speak and learn from small business owners and help them with financing to grow their business.
Account Executive
Garbage. The management is a special needs team . Made more money elsewhere. The trainers are a Mickey Mouse show , with their fake wall street attitude. You will laugh at them, lots of underground harassment on the floor.
Pros
Cons
Legal Loan Sharking
fun
it was a new experience in this field but the training was great and once you learned how to sell the money making opportunities were endless. also a great team culture
wasnt for me
It was a ok place to work. High pressure quotas.

The workplace was very professional however the boss at the time I found to lack understanding of personal problems that an empolyee might encounter. I had a problem where I had just found out that a friend of mine had passed away and the boss at the time showed no sympathy for my situation and I was chastised for my lack of enthusiasm.
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
high pressure sales
Very stressful work place
Thinking capital is great to help advance sales skills in general. Great team of dedicated people. The main con is that there is no work life balance and they don't pay attention to data where facts on drops in production are completely ignored if it doesn't serve their agenda. It can really start to feel like it's a popularity contest as they choose who gets assigned leads and who doesn't regardless of sales skills or an individuals ability to deliver results.

However, it goes without saying that they have one of the best training program and a team motivated to deliver results month over month.
Pros
Great team
Cons
They don't reward merit
Great place to work, full of energy
Thinking Capital is a great place to work. There is a lot of energy and the people are great. They have subsidized lunches and many activities during lunch which all employees can participate in such as yoga.
Good Team, Fun place
The work day is always crazy as there is no proper system in place. The tech team is only who works on agile methodology, all the other teams just do work as they are assigned to do.
But still a fun place to make friends.
Great company to work for!
A motivating work atmosphere
Very good training program to get you started

Everyone around is willing to spend time to help you

Foosball tables, subsidized lunches, work incentives are a nice bonus
Pros
Money can be good if you have the right skills and attitude to succeed
Cons
Pressure to hit sales targets is pretty high! It can be overwhelming if you're not used to it
Great fast-paced working environment, good energy, great management
I really enjoyed working at Thinking Capital. The managers were very positive, full of energy which made us look forward to getting more sales. Everybody clapped when we got a new sale. There were excellent bonuses which made coming to work exciting.
Toxic place
Worse management, fake promises, hired as a closer they'll keep you as an opener. This is not a sales office, its a basement scam that is more organized.