Think Kitchen

Think Kitchen Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Okay Experience
Not the best place of work but also not the worst. Some work expectations can become out of hand and a bit extreme. If you express yourself that you are not comfortable doing certain things, they do understand.
Normally great staff, good business
Great customer service. Many different door crashers to choose from when at the check out. Shelves are always stocked and ready to go. Someone is always around to help you if you need to find something.
Pros
You get a half hour lunch break.
Cons
Management wasn't the greatest back than but I'm sure that it's improved a great deal since
Boring
I have only gotten 4-8 hours per week during college when i need money most. I also need to pay off my dad for buying me a bunch of stuff, such as my college text books which are at least $900.
Supportive and busy
Worked with an amazing team of people who helped train me up and gave me a lot of opportunities. Store level management was very supportive, it got a bit more complicated if you had to go outside the store. MUST love customer service and be ready to multitask.
Pros
great customers, new products, accomodating hours
Management Disaster
I worked there for 3.5 years and for the first 3 years it was pretty amazing, I had a great assistant manager, manager, district manager etc... However my Manager left after my District Manager left and I took over as acting Manager, I was not payed for this, I worked as acting Manager for 4 months until my new District Manager came. He was sexist, masochistic and didn't work to understand his new job. I was asked to keep being acting Manager, without the extra pay. I declined and stopped doing the added tasks as acting Manager.

They hired a new Manager and she quickly made it apparent that she didn't know what she was doing even after the training. I showed her what to do and she than left those tasks to me. However I made it apparent that I would not be doing her job, respectfully. She hired a friend of hers, and another. She caused such a toxic environment that I left without notice.

I drop everything for my work, I am a get up at 5:30am kind of lady. I Graduated with 145 credits 4 months early. I volunteer and I put up with a lot. However that environment made me feel so deflated. I decided I would let the ship sink.
Pros
Great Customers/Head Office
Great Staff, but Nothing Else
I had the most amazing staff, they where all very supportive and very friendly. Everything else need major work, the store is not up to code by health and safety stander and was told that just the way things are. The staff are overworked and underpaid not to mentioned poorly trained with a sink or swim attitude and then written up because they should know better. Staff constantly expressed concern over lacking hours while the SM kept hiring more people. There was no intention of moving anyone up and succession planing was never heard off. But my biggest problem is the ethics of Stokes/Think Kitchen, they would lure you in with the promise of full time and monthly bonuses but you will not be hired as full time and your hours will go down. The reason you will not be hired as full time is so they don’t have to pay actual benefits(health/dental), and you will probably never see that monthly bonuses as they almost never have months that qualify.

TLDR, Great Staff, Horrible Company, False Promises
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Constantly Covered Other Shifts, Management Lacks People Skills, Way To Pushy, Will Hire Part Time to Avoid Giving Health/Dental
Fun Place to work
Very young and fun people to work with . The products are very high end and help for cooking and baking .If you are a young couple looking for dinner ware think kitchen has the best sets.
Pros
Pizza on some days
Sucks dont apply
YOU DONT GET HOURS WHASTSOEVER!... manager does not care how long you have worked for the company they wont give you more hours and they wont give you a raise!
Great place to work.
The staff are wonderful to work with. They are supportive of new people. It is wonderful working with customers. I enjoy the new challenges. I had never worked in retail and I wanted a change from nursing fields of work.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Only Christmas work.
Good on site staff
I liked the people I worked with but the company never budgeted enough hours to run the store properly.
We were directed to focus on sales, we met targets but it was always challenging to keep stock on shelves, store upkeep, receive shipments and sell at the same time.

The staff/team I worked with were great. I enjoyed opening the store, selling and helping customers.

With the limited hours budgeted, it was as though we were expected to work for free. We were always busy.

Store location provided no free parking with threats of towing your vehicle if you parked in the customer area. To access with transit, you had to pay a premium to get there because of location. Not compensated in anyway for the extra expense.
Pros
Fun team, great store manager and assistant manager
Cons
not enough time to do everything.
Way too much for way too little
Management is poor. No work life balance. Schedule subject to change. Little to no direction but staff are still expected to meet all targets. Hours cut but expected to do the job of 2 staff.
Pros
Products are good
Cons
Bad management
it was productive but not fun environment
A typical day at work would be selling 2-3 products plus sales talking the customer to buy purchase with purchase products. The work is repetitive. I've learned how to sales talk. The hardest part of the job would be asking the customers if you could have their email and send promotions and the most enjoyable part of the job would be if you sell more than 3 products and if the customer is polite to you.
Cons
short hours, they would only give you 1 shift per week
was miserable a lot
I was not allowed to say no to a shift. I was miserable all the time because I had to be there at the drop of a hat. Was not allowed to say no. My family was concerned for my well being while I was working there. Manager also needs to take care of the people she already has before bringing in new people.
Pros
cool products
Cons
management, not enough hours
Amazing people
Love the people and management of the store. There's a lot to take into consideration with product knowledge, but that just comes with experience. Wonderful environment to work in.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Hardly any hours
Think kitchen sold some beautiful merchandise.
I enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot about Visual displays as I had never had the opportunity do this before. the hardest part of the job had been the dismantling of the stock but enjoyable as well.
Nothing bad to say
You must be able to climb ladders and lift heavy boxes. The management is quite nice. I find the schedule to be flexible. They are pretty good about giving you the day off if you request well enough in advance.
sales always met

new stock

p.o.s system

cash balance

bank runs
I learned how to work the register, stock shelves, and talk to customers, and creating a nice workplace for my colleagues as well as my self.
agréable
environnement agréable, pas d'avantages en nature, pas d'opportunités de developpement.
Pros
rabais d'employé
Cons
pas d'avantages en nature
Product amazing
Amazing product and customer incentives. Canadian owned and ran. 27 years old - strong name as STOKES
Productive and fun place to work !
It is a good place to work! My manager and co workers were very nice, and we always got our work done while being able to talk and still have a good night.