thierry

thierry Employee Reviews

Fast-paced workplace without insufficient break

Poor and disorganized management, poor communication between staff. Despite the long working hours, there are almost zero minutes of breaks. Underpaid.

Pros

mostly nice team, free lunch

Cons

underpaid, poor management, no breaks, long shifts

Stressful, toxic, underpaid

I don't recommend working here. This company may have a good reputation with their customer base but the way they treat their staff is abysmal. Turnover rate is so high there's no point in thoroughly training anybody. Supervisors are worked to the bone and the team is ridiculously underpaid. It's an extremely busy place and is constantly understaffed. Staff are expected to cover sales, stock, bussing, and dishwashing while also helping customers with as little as 2 people for hours on end- all for minimum wage (and they will try to convince you the tips are part of your salary). Staff are known to have breakdowns over stress and often spend their shifts running back and forth trying not to get overwhelmed, and the upper management seems to have this "if it's technically physically possible then we should make it the policy" mentality. Upper management (not supervisors, they're great) are also wildly unprofessional and many of the staff feel unsafe at times. I've literally never had such a terrible experience with managers, and doubt I will again. That being said, if you're looking for a temporary part time job you will have a better experience. The team will take care of you and it can be a fun gig in the summer (the product knowledge alone is well worth it). Chef Thierry himself is a pleasure to work for. But if you're looking for a permanent position you should get out while you can.

Pros

The supervisors and team are really close knit and will have your back.

Cons

Long hours, way too much is expected for such mediocre pay, management sucks

Toxic workplace with useless management

Poorly managed, toxic, stressful and fast-paced work environment, constantly understaffed and blamed for things out of your control or being blamed for management/supervisor mistakes. Everyone is overworked.

Nice place to work with lots of ESL people

There is always something to do, but supervisors and managers are not following you around telling you what to do. After a few days of trainning you already learn what needs to be done. you can choose your shift preferences. the most hard thing I would say is to be standing all the time during your shift but the most enjoyable is the people you work with.

Pros

Free meals

Productive place

The day at work allows me to show my caliber as the management is supportive. I can easily maintain the job - work balance at that place. I learned to work with people with different backgrounds with co-operation.

Jobs at thierry