theScore

theScore Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
- Great colleagues and peers
- No ability to move up after staff re-shuffle

- Lack of feedback on work is frustrating

- Free snacks and drinks are a benefit
Best employer I've ever worked for; tons of perks, clear job duties, and helpful/flexible management. Plenty of great coworkers make a fun and productive setting to work in.
Pros
Great people and atmosphere, free food, cooperative management.
I worked at the The Score for two months, after which I was abruptly let go, with no given reason. I had recently approached my supervisor about my performance, since I thought I wasn't being given enough to do, and he assured me everything was fine.
Two weeks later I was called into an office with the HR Manager and a senior manager I had never dealt with before, and told I was being let go, effective immediately.

I would not recommend The Score to anyone seeking honesty in senior management, or the prospect of a secure job.
I learned time manigament, I learned time manigament, to work hard. I enjoyed meeting people in throughout the community, the co-worker and getting to see and stock different thing. I enjoyed the fast paced work and having a dead line.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Short hours
A typical work day here at theScore is fun, collaborative and varied.

The office is great; employees are well looked after with great facilities and perks!
This company is fantastic if you're in management. Otherwise it gets worse all the way down. The management of my previous department was just atrocious — terrible direction, terrible people skills.

The advancement in this company is next to being absolutely stagnant. Forget about it. Which is weird because the management seems like conned their way to the top (considering having zero idea how to get anything done). I'm still baffled of the people I've worked for.

Do you like having a livable wage? Well unless you're management, do look elsewhere. Since you're advancing at the pace of an iceberg, so will your wage (don't worry tho, they'll cover inflation — barely). Be prepared to get a second job.

Do you like growing as a person? Well good luck, you won't be doing much of that here. You will just be a cog in the industrial-like machine that is this place. You'd also think I'm exaggerating. Clock in, clock out.

This place has a massive turnover issue. They take in college kids, leave them underpaid, fire or coerce them into leaving if they complain. It's like a wheel. And they mastered turning it.

There is a family vibe though and free snacks/drinks. Which is great — but don't be fooled, that's part of the scheme. They hook you in with the Silicon Valley vibe, but it's anything but.
Pros
There's table tennis I guess, and free chips
Cons
Poor management, poor advancement, poor compensation, poor
Comes with the good and bad of being a family owned. If you are in the family (where ever they draw the line) you are set.

This also means the management team are above being held accountable. I was on a very poorly managed team, we were lied to about salary and bonuses to meet goals and then told we weren't team players when we asked for the promised bonuses for meeting those goals to be kept.

It's a family, so who can you complain too? no one.

When things turned for the worse rather then dismiss us, management gave my team impossible goals (tripling individual productivity while taking on other teams responsibilities) and when we actually met these goals the bonuses were never given (again and again) until the entire team left within a year.

There are a few individuals who have a great thing going here but unless you are one of them you can't trust this company.

They are extremely vindictive when it comes to following up on ex employees. Work here at your own risk.
Pros
beer of Friday, location, chill environment
Cons
dishonest
Fine place to work. Good environment. Nice location in downtown Toronto. High turnover rate due to stressful nature of job. Pleasant people. Strong middle management.
theScore is a great place to work. Unfortunately, the management team does their best to try to stop that. The EIC is an industry pariah. His director is toothless. Communication is non-existent. However, this caustic environment does create a sense of "in this together" among the staff.
Pros
Accepting co-workers
Cons
Terrible managers
I go into the studio on Tuesdays for the Aftermath show taping. Majority of my works is from home. Writing breakdowns for the 3 weekly WWE shows.
Pros
great staff
Cons
volunteer position so no pay