Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

productive
Senior Research Chemist & LCMS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2018
You can learn a lot through work. Managuement is very low efficient. Work place culture is good. Hardest part is job switching too much. The most enjoyable is people there are friendly. Work environment is OK. Safty is very good. People friendly. Lot of cosmatic effort for the company merging effort.
Stay Away
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2018
Cheap company, doesn't care about their employees, they expect to keep people while paying peanuts. The turnover in the Ottawa office is unbelievable, in very department. People can't wait to leave. I've lost count the amount of times I noticed employees searching for new jobs while on the job....
Pros
they pay more than Employment Insurance
Cons
Too long to list
Innovate company
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  NL12 July 2018
Continually learn, huge amount of products. Good corporate culture.Servicing Health care, University and Labs. A tremendous amount of training provided.
Pros
Amazing products to help science and health care.
poor management
Field Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 June 2018
using ancient computer system. no support from HR and upper management. everything is about #s #s #s. unrealistic expectations. underpaid, over worked without over time pay. Hires retards for pennies that can't do simple tasks.
Pros
you have to be a mentally unstable to be fired
Cons
everything
Good Team, poor management and decision making
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 April 2018
Mediocre salary
A university - Get to learn a lot
Some problems
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2018
Thermo Fisher offers good benefits to its employees and also a decent pay. The problem is the management at the location I worked at didn't have much respect for our off time, keeping us some nights hours after our shifts had ended
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
lots of mandatory over time
Good people
Jr. Supply Chain Specialist/Expeditor/Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2018
Standard mon-fri job, felt like I was stuck and not much room for growth within location.
The staff was great and very personable.
Everyone was always willing to help
good workplace
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2017
good place to work, lots of work to do to pass your day, learned a lot from the work assigned and done, management is ok, diversed work place, mostly friendly employees
Managment old outdated systems and training
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON21 August 2017
Over all it requires complete make over of the system and applications.
Outdated just like the management of CSR department.
Company does not invest in the upkeep of the call centre.
Its processes, software or equipment.
Very out dated processes and management is still working like its
1986.
also people have worked there forever and are hard determined to make sure no new people move up anywhere even get ride of you,
if they are threatened of loosing there job.
Pros
Not many Pros
Cons
no possabilies to move up ever.
steady workload with good work life balance
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 July 2017
The work is steady with good workalike balance. Co-workers are good. high turn over due to low salary and lack of training for products. They still lag in using current technology
Great place to work, that helps make the world healthier
Manager, Operations (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 June 2017
an exciting place to work at, never a dull moment, high intensity with a large focus on targets.

The senior executive management and CEO do a great job running the company overall. like any company there is always room for improvement, and they are doing a great job at improving.
Good
Senior R&D Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 April 2017
I like working at thermo, Thermo fisher scientific is an American company and it is a good working friendly environment.
Live it, love it, love it very much
Good pay and reliable hours. Worked night shifts.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2017
The work and people at Thermo-Fisher were great. I worked night shifts. It was stressful learning the dispenser position. Was fired for no reason. Management fired the entire night crew and no one knows why. The company would not tell us why.
Pros
Excellent hours. Decent pay.
Cons
Poor management. Poor training.
Tedious work with excellent coworkers and good managment
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 March 2017
Typical day involved first attending a meeting to find out what products were already manufactured during the earlier shift while learning what was expected to be produced - this included finding out if the were any issues with the equipment or products. Management would alter production schedules around significant errors and listen to any concerns. Once at my station, I would be responsible for my paperwork and checking the production line for any errors or defects, and assisting my coworkers when required; this was the most time-consuming and monotonous aspect of the job. At the end of day, ensuring proper paperwork had been filled out and cleaning of station and equipment while readying for the next day.
Pros
Understanding management, good training, hour long lunch, occaisional free donuts
Cons
Monotonous work, conflicts between shifts
Laboratory Automation
Office Facilities Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 January 2017
Was responsible for the office facilities to make sure that the office was always up and running efficiently. Also supported the Lead Team with internal and external meeting with existing and potential Laboratory automation companies
Pros
Creating Laboroatory Automation
Cons
Unable to meet full expectations of the client and their automation needs
A local team work environment which took great pride in the manufacture of medical devices.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 August 2016
Over 13 years I developed solid management skills which was very rewarding. Developing and mentoring my team members was my greatest accomplishment. I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of bench work in a lab setting.
Poor management
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Ssf22 August 2016
Poor management. The managers are not responsive to employee needs. Poor training of managers in terms of employee interaction
Highly Recommended
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 July 2016
In a typical day, I would initiate or receive phone calls to/from customers and increase sales related to scientific instruments/equipment, chemical reagents, consumable and clinical products.
good
Shipping Dept (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 April 2016
A typical day at work was always fast pace, on my feet and interesting. The co-workers were always friendly and ready to help!
Presse citron
Account manager (Former Employee) –  Canada18 March 2016
Compagnie americaine tres avares de $ aucune retention de talent.
Pros
Travail a la maison
Cons
Bonus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.

Thermo Fisher Scientific Reviews by Location