Thermal Systems Employee Reviews

Terrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2018
The worst office culture I've ever experienced. Management is disorganised, under-trained, and disrespectful. Executives treat staff like babies. Mass layoffs handled terribly.

Beware - reviews with positive marks are probably fake.
Cons
no perks, no staff events or team building, bad attitudes
Awesome Place of Employment
HR and HSE Assistant / Calgary, AB (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
In the sector i was working in, I enjoyed both my colleagues and tasks assigned. I was very happy to work along side the human resources and health and safety teams.
great place to work when there was work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2018
They hired a lot of foreign workers that took away work from me. Not steady enough employment.. Hardest parts of the job was sometimes not getting to eat at a proper time . Best part of the job was the travelling to different jobs in different cities
Pros
good pay
Cons
No steady work
This company was absolutely stellar to work for.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2017
I worked as an installer on a few projects that were massive and detIailed.
The foreman were fantastic, the office was on point and even though I suffered a hernia they treated me with great respect.
Any opportunity to work with these fellows again would be welcomed like a long lost friend.
Pros
Accolades (i.e. pizza ) for working overtime, clear and precise tasks, safe work practices and room for advancement.
Cons
Cant think of one
A great place to work, and there's alot of ways to advance!
insulator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2017
There is alot of positions available at TS. Between commercial and Industrial there is a place for everyone. Staff parties and stampede breakfast was always alot of fun.
Pros
good wages
Cons
industrial division has its problems
Tough, but Fair... building a Legacy.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta30 August 2017
Worked for this company for the better part of a decade now and seen a lot of lessons learned and career progress. What has never faltered is the companies dedication to performing quality work. Management focuses on improvement of all individual staff members in all positions while building profitably so everyone can remain employed doing what they do best. The senior managers set high expectations and it is reflected in the culture of accountability, which can be tough, but fair.

The type of projects/buildings that this company helps create are quite remarkable & inspired. Its' the kind of project you end up pointing out to your kids and grand kids and boast about being a part of. Building inspired designs is not the same as cookie-cutter buildings, and there is always a big challenge in figuring out how to build it properly, on time and on budget.

Every company has its weak spots, however building low quality buildings is not one of them at this company. You will need to embrace the grind sometimes, however there are plenty of opportunities to look back at what you've accomplished and see how that hard work can pay off.
Pros
Individual career coaching. Advancement opportunities. Amazing legacy of Inspired Buildings.
Cons
High initial learning curve. Work can be complex and stressful.
Terrible management, layoffs & salary cuts all year around
Construction Project Coordinator/Estimator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
Save yourselves and get a decent job. They are the worst company I've ever worked for. Bad reputation in the market, No flexibility, Racist, sexist and arrogant managers whom don't know what they are doing and blame everything on their employees.
Pros
Literally nothing. Maybe the Christmas holidays, but by that time you'll need it!
Cons
Management, Salaries, Flexibility, Backstabbing Culture, Unstable Jobs.
High pressure environment with more processes than productivity
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2015
I enjoyed working for TS, but the Edmonton office was a satellite office and there was a sense of having to play second fiddle to head office in Calgary. As well, the amount of people on the team was not able to effectively do good work with amount of work. This was unfortunate because the job was good and I liked it. The work/life balance was out of kilter and as a result, many good people left, including me.
I liked the product and the projects that I was working on and the Manager was very personable. I learned a great deal about composite metal panels and exterior membranes.
Pros
free parking, good, interesting projects
Cons
poor moral, not enough people for the work
Fair hourly wage. Management and supervisors were terrible to work for.
Labourer - Work (Former Employee) –  edmonton24 January 2013
Fair hourly wage. Management and supervisors were terrible to work for.
see below
Experienced Industrial Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2013
A day working as a scaffolder invovles working in teams of two or thre lads co operating with management erecting and dismantling scaffolds in the safe manner we were trained in , hardest part would be the winter but wrapping up accordingly leading to the most enjoyable , i pride myself in saying that in the ten years ive been scaffolding nobody has ever fallen through or off any scaffold i have erected
Pros
find it hard to genuinely think of any
Cons
only let you work ten days on the trot, no overtime