Therapure Biopharma Inc.

Therapure Biopharma Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Quality Assurance
Right people are not in right place. No proper procedures.Too much overloading of work on employees.
No extra benefits. Only workholic people can survive here.
Friendly Environment
I was in DSP department and all managers and supervisors they pay attention to details and help new hire to feel like they are part of the team.
Great place to Learn and grow
Take the job only if it's the only option
Job: Tedious, messy and uninspiring. You will be a brain dead zombie in no time. Why hire people with a Masters degree and Ph.D. if a high school student can get the job done? Shifts mostly comprise of running behind clueless supervisors/team leads or scrubbing the wall and floors.
Shift system: Shifts change at the drop of a hat. Forget your family or hobbies if you want to work here.

Management: Gossip and slander are an integral part of the team culture. Inexperienced people are moved to higher positions which further results in low quality work and process failures.
Gang cultured and bully style management
This company has handful selected managers who are also founders or their friends and relatives, then there's countless mini managers: power monger jerks mainly from certain ethnic backgrounds who are bootlickers to the higher management but curly abusive to anyone they have slightest leverage.
Few good colleagues have limited options: join the gang and bully around imitating the management style in the hope of climbing the corporate ladder, stay silent and accept the "shut up and work your butt off" rule, or leave.

Work-life balance is nonexistent: you'd get fulminated at even when you observe perfect business hours with no overdue tasks. The expectation is that you should never fall sick, you never get stuck in always jammed 401, and you never leave at 5.

Your safety is of ZERO concern to management. You'd be asked to complete a task no matter what.

Work in this company and you will experience daily humiliation by someone who just feel empowered enough to push you around.

Steer away of this place, if you have to accept a job offer, search for a better place to work from day 1,
Pros
salary and compensation are in higher end but not commensurate to job expectations and hours
Cons
Extremely toxic culture and management style.
The most unprofessional job interview ever
I've had an interview at Therapure scheduled for today and it was the most unprofessional job interview I've ever seen in my experience.
The interviewer I expected to meet me did not even show up at all. Somebody not even related to the position I've applied for came to the reception to bring me in. The room for the interview was not scheduled, and it took about 5 minutes to find the quiet place to sit. During conversation I've found out, that this person had never seen my resume, does not have any idea what the position I've applied for and does not even had a piece of paper to take notes. It was absolutely useless conversation for both of us. Nobody apologized for my wasted time and effort in interview preparation.

I've wasted about 2 hours of my valuable time just to learn the lesson. The bio/pharma world is small and people know each other. I will do all my best to let everyone know how unprofessional and disrespectful the hiring process at Therapure.
The worst company ever
Must not work for this company.
Environment is so bad, pulling legs of other employees, biased management, favoritism. Worst time schedule, No management of work or shifts at all
Pros
Cons
Partiality
DSP operator
Great team, enjoyable to work with. Work always changes depending on process running, lots of new things and equipment to learn and gain experience with.
Supervisors and management are understanding and can accommodate shifts so that you can go to appointments or get time off.

Schedule rotates approx every 2 weeks, day, afternoon and night shift. also work on weekends and holidays.

It's salary job but there are premiums when you work afternoon, night, weekend and holiday. There is also OT that you can get paid or bank time and half to take time off after (your choice just need to let supervisor know).

Overall is a good place, really busy and needs full time attention so not an easy job but good team an opportunity to learn and grow in the department is worth it.
Pros
Good people, good work environment, shift premium and OT, flexible schedule
Cons
hard work, stressful, sometimes long hours
Great place to learn
Therapure is growing and with that comes pains. It is busy and I believe with that comes opportunities. I get to learn something new and contribute to building and putting process in place.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Therapure Biopharma Inc.?
Lot of turnover and Training School
Sr management needs to prioritize projects, and improve management style. Listen to their employees. Unrealistic expectations. Expectation to work 24/7. Employees/Teams are flexible and supportive. Good people to work with. Everyone under stress to meet customer deadlines. Quality and compliance is impacted. Worst company culture.
Pros
Good for beginners to obtain Canadian experience
Cons
Chaotic place to work, everyone running around last minute to meet deadlines. Constant training required
Amazing Summer Position!
THIS is how you should treat your employees, with respect and as an equal to yourself. The security was great because it was a fixed term summer contract, and it was full time flex hours, anywhere from 7-3 or 10-6.
downstream production technologist
pharmaceutical manufacturing, liquid injectable drugs, contract works, SOPs, cGMPs, PPE
medium sized company, still has a lot room to grow

shift works, morning, afternoon, and night
It is a fast pace environment
Therapure is a growing company. It is a dynamic, fast pace environment. It is good company to work. I enjoy working here.
one word - terrible!
Terrible place to work at. They have absolutely no regards toward work-life balance. They hire production people on salary-basis, so that they don't have to pay overtime. What kind of a company hires their production workers on a salary-basis? They can tell you one fine day not to come to work because they have no work for you that day and make you owe them hours. And then make you work extra say 10 hours, sometimes even 18 hours later some other day. And if your extra working hours go beyond the amount of hours you "owe" them, then they tell you to "bank" your hours. And you have to have "banked" 40 hours in order to be able to qualify for overtime pays. So you will only get overtime starting from your 41st hour of actual overtime. But in real, you can never get out of the cycle of 40 hours owed because they will keep telling you to not come when they see you are reaching your 40 bank hours.

You will either always owe them hours, or keep banking upto 40 hours in order to qualify for overtime pays AFTER your first 40 extra hours of work. All policies that benefits them, nothing for you.

Don't accept offers from this company, but if you do, make sure you get everything written down clearly in the contract and don't let them bank or owe hours! Overtime is overtime PERIOD! you can't send someone home some day, nor can you ask employees to bank hours!
Pros
you can climb up cause a lot of people quit every other day
Cons
i really don't know where to begin!
Co-workers are great, but disconnect with management
The client deadlines make the workplace crazy busy. There also seems to be a high turnover. Great place to learn about processes.
Have always great time with my colleagues
I always excite to go to work at Therapure. There are lots of challenge in my position but still I am enjoying work at Therapure. I learned a lot from my co-workers and management. At end of the day when I go home I am always satisfied what I have done for the company and business.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Therapure Biopharma Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9