THEMUSEUM Employee Reviews

Wouldn't Recommend.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 April 2019
The pay (0.25 cents above minimum) is absolutely terrible for the amount of work you do. Co-workers are nice, don't expect many of them to stick around for long though considering how low wages are. Once was told to clock out 30 minutes after my shift ended instead of getting a lunch break to eat. Schedules are completely random which makes it difficult to plan things outside of work (Mondays and Tuesdays it is supposed to be closed yet we were constantly scheduled to work these days???) Luckily you learn a lot of different skills to help you GTFO more quickly. Oh and if they try to get you to start working for their "camp" programs run far, far away.
Pros
nice co-workers, learn new skills
Cons
everything else
the best place to gain working experience
SCHOOL PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 November 2018
Themuseum is an interesting place to work at, volunteering there was a great experience for me, and in the little time i worked there i can say it was amazing
Poor Culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  Kitchener4 October 2018
Coworkers are friendly, but the company repeatedly turns a blind eye to harassment and mistreatment. Little feedback and little training. Sometimes not given breaks.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Workplace Harassment
fun workplace.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 August 2018
I enjoyed doing my Co-op here and I will be sending in my resume in if I can get hired. I like the work space. I learned a lot about electronics. The most enjoyable part was helping people and explaining to them about the items put up in the musuem.
A great learning experience
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 May 2017
A fun place to work. Great exhibitions and great people. It is a good place to gain experience and understand how a company works. The revolving content makes it a very refreshing place to work.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Lots of weekend or evening shifts