Theatrics Plus Employee Reviews

Un friendly and over working
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2019
Over works highschool employees. Leaves employees with back pains and headaches. Manager does not give clear instructions and watches employees do the incorrect thing then punishes them. Lacks communication skills. They do not reply to emails regarding shifts.
Probably Don’t Do It
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
My time with them was years ago, but I’ve recently met other people who worked there in different years and our experiences were pretty unified: don’t.

The owners aren’t necessarily bad people, but they let exterior stress goad them into making poor decisions. In my time (again, years ago, potentially to their credit, I hope they’ve grown) they asked us to racially profile certain customers, tried to fire a girl for being hit on by another coworker, tried to withhold a pay cheque after firing a worker, talked down to a lot of people, and overall just had no clue how to manage people.

Again, I’ll reiterate: not bad people, but not good management. Somehow I’m actually still somewhat fond of them. They can be very kind, very generous people— but I think that’s part of the problem. They’re unable to separate the personal and the professional and as a result take every little thing personally and to extremes.

If you need costumes or makeup, their stock is excellent and they’re incredibly knowledgeable, so you can’t do better, but if you’re looking for a job, I’d suggest looking somewhere else.
Not a great experience
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2018
I was excited to work here at first but it became a nightmare. The way they spoke to me and treated me was horrible. I would never recommend anyone to work here. They even sometimes tried to make me work longer shifts. Also I was a customer service representative but they wanted me to do much more than what a customer service representative is suppose to be doing. You also are told told to follow customers and it’s so uncomfortable to do because the customer then becomes uncomfortable as well.
Pros
Somewhat discounts on costumes, learning types of makeup
Cons
Long hours, Disrespectful staff
Its a great work place, its fun and they treat you like family
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
The work is never boring. With all the booths and stuff at places like pride CNE, FANEXPO and etc its always fun and busy. Every day they teach you new and fun things such as how to make balloon or you learn about new cosplays everyday. Its a really nice environment.
Pros
If you work hard they will treat you like family. Even take you to free movies.
Cons
Sometimes your shift can be up to 12 hours.
Sad working environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2018
Not a happy place.
Don't say good morning or smile.
Dirty and unsafe.
Customers are diverse and good.
Management unprofessional and not polite.
Good job if student with no choices.
Pros
On Yonge Street
Cons
Uncomfortable upselling
Great People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 February 2017
Great people, hard workers.It was a real work hard, play hard environment. A place for honest and engaging work, with people who made it feel like family.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  658 Yonge Street19 October 2016
very interesting job, learn new things everyday, staff is friendly and very polite. fast paced environment and help every customer that comes in the store.
Working with an eccentric assortment of clientele
sales associate (Current Employee) –  658 Yonge Street9 November 2015
While having a similar work experience, I was able to learn more about the industry

Allows you to demonstrate and take initiative while supply feedback or suggestions to make the company grow.
Pros
flexibility with hours
Cons
highly monitored
Work Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto26 May 2015
Really fun to wokr here. My boss is really friendly and motivates everyone to work. My co-workers are really nice and friendly. He was our careers to come before our work. Really flexible with hours.