The WorkPlace Employee Reviews

Summer Youth
Maintenance Aide (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NY13 April 2018
This was an easy way to transition into the work force as soon as I was old enough to get working papers. It helped me build a resume and I had a counselor who gave me information about the career force.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
only a summer program
great opportunity for training
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI26 December 2017
A great opportunity to train for a permanent position through this program financed by a Federal Grant. I am currently placed at Open Doors, a non-profit institution. I am the front desk receptionist and assist clients and callers. We assist people who have previously been in prison obtain employment, housing, identifications, etc.
Pros
great training
Cons
no vacations, sick days or days off
Team atmoshere; challenging and stressful at times
Employer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT2 October 2017
Benefits of working here far outweighed it's shortcomings. Commonality was helping people with great programs. Lack of state funding through grant monies was major issue given the current budget crisis.
Reaching out to area employers to promote talented people and match their hiring needs via telephone and personal visits. Biggest challenge was motivating the individuals to do the work - whether working on their job search, preparing for interview, mentoring and demonstrating positive re-enforcement. Most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was getting an individual placed after persistence and diligence with a prospective employer.
Pros
Flexible time; not micro-managed; health benefits; great supervisor
Cons
Salary; advancement opportunities
Decorator
Painting Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa28 September 2017
A friend started his own business and soon he had too much work by word of mouth so he approached me to come work with him, At that time I was available so I took up the opportunity not to be idle. It was tough demanding work but above all that is was great and invigorating. In decorating it is always hard to properly prepare the surfaces to be painted properly, but of course all that hard work led to a great finish and a satisfied customer.
Pros
Being outdoors a lot
Cons
Very messy work and tough on the skin.
typical wrehouse
Packer (Former Employee) –  south kirkby18 April 2017
it was boring job. packing same things for 12 hours. good for students wants earn some extra money seasonally. not for whole life position in my opinion.
fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT3 July 2015
It was really fun getting to know some of the seniors in the elderly home. Volunteer twice per week interacting with senior citizens. Perform various activities, such as: baking, singing, playing cards and conversing on different life topics. Participated in workshops and play other types of games with residents. Entertained, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert. Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patients or other family members, according to prescribed diets. Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, helping them to develop insight into themselves or their relationships. Counsel clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes. Guide clients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with their problems.
Productive and really enjoyed the work atmosphere
Maintenance Aide (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NY23 April 2013
A typical day would either be cleaning or doing laundry depending what worksite I was at. I learned maintenance skills. My co-workers and I got along great. The hardest part of the job was the hot weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see my boss satisfied with the work I did.
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  bridgeport,CT10 December 2012
Very fun, learning to take on responsibility in helping small children with their educational skills.
Productive and friendly environment
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT31 July 2012
I go in to work every morning at 9 a.m and the students who were kindergartners at the time would be in the cafeteria having breakfast and waiting until their teacher came so they could get the day started. The students did numerous of activities from games in the classroom, going outside on the playground, dancing , etc.
I enjoyed assisting the students because it gave me a chance to interact with them and get to know them so they may become comfortable around me and especially to help them keep growing with their lives and their education at hand. Management was wonderful and they assisted you if you needed any help. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful also. There was no hard part to this job but the most enjoyable was being with the students because they are learning more and more everyday and it's good to see a smile on their faces.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The WorkPlace. Our community is ready to answer.