The Wonderful Company LLC Employee Reviews

Not nice people to work for
Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA11 April 2019
I wished I'd listened to the advice of others before taking the position. The owners and senior leaders create a climate of fear and seem to enjoy belittling and demeaning people. The worst company culture I've ever experienced.
Excelente
CIVIL CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Barcelona Estates, GA4 April 2019
Segun la evaluacion realizada la eficiencia de esta empresa es de forma entusiasta y buen perfil,gracias.
Pros
Perfecto
Cons
Se disfruta el descanso
Summary
Senior Director of National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL27 March 2019
Overall provides opportunity for expedited skill set enhancement due to lack of organizational leadership to add required support positions. Company provides very little training on high profile positions leaving the individuals to figure it out themselves yet they are immediately held responsible for all goals set for account base with little input
Pros
Gain new skill set- able to gain customer experience quickly-
Cons
poor leadership- unrealistic goals- unwilling to add head count for needed positions
Great Concept but not carried through to senior level directors
Corporate EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Delano, CA3 March 2019
First and foremost, Titles mean nothing, I had a room full of directors from the same department. The only way people there get a raise is through promotion. So it would not be odd to see a department of 5 all directors. However, the department heads promote without justification so its more of, who is your buddy rather than performance. Extroverts are promoted quickly while introverts pretty much don't promote at all. The business is built around extroverts personality. If your lucky enough to get into a department that supports both as a team, and there are a couple within the corporation the job is awesome. If not, you will be pushed aside until you quit.
Cons
Management is allowed to run unchecked and permitted to do as they please.
Working for IT is a REALLY BAD decision
IT (Current Employee) –  Delano, CA8 February 2019
Toxic work environment.
Do so at your own discretion.
As soon as I started working here, the current manager quit and was replaced by another individual that was fired from one of the other companies. A few months in and they were harassing me to switch schedules when they hired me for a specific one.
This place does not promote learning from others.
The help desk is required to know how to engineer level jobs at an entry level pay.
The Delano facility IT employees are considered the work horse for all other companies, such as Fiji, Citrus (California, Texas, Mexico), POM, LA.
Great benefits
Senior Director, Global Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA4 February 2019
The Wonderful Company has a great benefits package. They take care of their employees and are philanthropic. Working for the company can be challenging as it can be quite demanding.
Nice place to work, lots of perks
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA29 November 2018
I was at Wonderful for 13+ years. Over that time, I saw many changes both in management and in the culture. Overall, I would have to say that in my experience, my co-workers were all really nice and approachable regardless of status.
Toxic environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA14 November 2018
This company may have all the good benefits and wages but it comes at a huge price! This place is so toxic and they treat employees like garbage! Working here was so horrible. Management yells and treats you so abusive it is like being in an abusive relationship! Shame on this company for allowing such toxicity.
benefits
Cons
horrible environment
Horrible Place to Work if you are close to senior management.
Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA5 November 2018
Cut-throat and backstabbing culture. No work-life balance whatsoever and treats their employees horribly. It's a culture of fear. From day one it felt as though everyone thought they were about to lose their job and for minor reasons. Your expected to arrive, not speak to anyone and just keep your head down. Just waiting for your "turn in the barrel". Lesson learned: don't trust anyone.
Wonderful Company
Executive Assistant to the VP of Global Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA9 October 2018
Opportunity to work with a diverse group of people, learn from a variety of businesses that are part of the holding company. Offers opportunity to cross train and be challenged.
pass
Corporate Communications Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA27 September 2018
Can be fun if you are on a god time but overall not great. Some nice perks like a cafeteria and company parties but not much advancement and senior management is super difficult. Incredibly high turnover.
fast pace, a lot of work to keep busy
Systems/Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA13 August 2018
day to day work are, assist end user via phone, emails, and walk up.
environment is good, no place for growth.
no overtime. no place to advance for higher position.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Wine might be good but they treat employees like trash
Bottle line operator (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CA18 July 2018
Thought this would be a good company to work for considering the different company branches it has but boy was I wrong. First off I never seen employees so scared of management . They show you how easy you can be replaced. I only worked there 3 months and seen 1 person quit because of stress at work and 2 others get fired. On my last days there I got a write up for not showing effort and I told them they hired me to operate the machines not stack boxes so I wasn’t happy with my position. Sure enough a few days later they give me my last check and tell me it’s my last day. When I asked if we get 3 warnings before termination ,they told me it’s an at will state( they can fire you for no reason). Shows me how much they care about their employees
Pros
Discounts with company branches and benefits
Cons
Poor pay and trash management
No bueno
Chef (Former Employee) –  Delano, CA28 May 2018
Benefits awesome. But management is a joke . Don't do it not worth all the drama and stress in that kitchen .........................................
First class in many respects
Lean Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Delano, CA15 May 2018
Surrounded by knowledgeable, intelligent people I was excited to begin work. The pace was slow initially, but picked up and once things began it became increasingly hectic. The company is privately owned and remarkably un-bureaucratic despite its enormity. By far the most philanthropic of any organization I have ever been affiliated with. Amazing team building culture throughout the company.
Pros
Aviation Division, decent budget for travel expenses
Cons
way too much travel, time away from family, sporadic group firings
Manager of Philanthropy (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA29 March 2018
Management and work culture is poor, at best. The company offers incredible benefits, but it doesn't make up for the destructive leadership that exists. I would not recommend the company, unless you really want your whole life to revolve around work.
good company
Permanent Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA3 March 2018
Company is profitable, pays a little low but the benefits package is unreal. good technology and good people. work and life balance could improve by hiring more resources.
Amazing place to work buuuuut.....
NA (Current Employee) –  Mission, TX22 November 2017
The company itself is a great place to work. The benefits are great and the freedom to be your own person is unbelievable. The only drawback to the company is some of the management. I've seen managers talk down to their subordinates, peers, and higher ups with no action taken. I believe this multibillion dollar corporation could be even better if they focused on hiring the right people for the job.
benefits
Cons
management
Competative work enviornement that required high energy.
Certified Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CA20 October 2017
A typical day at work consisted with working along medical professionals with the intent to improve overall patient health, specifically focusing on the prevention and management of diabetes.
Pros
Subsidized lunches, generous work perks.
Cons
Salary basis required working after hours at times
Management does not support team
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA11 September 2017
A typical day is very stressful due to the changing opinions of the owners. The C-Suite is very stressed due to close proximity to the owners and it trickles down to lower level employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wonderful Company LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9