The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Not great environment
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON5 March 2018
I didn't always enjoy working at Wendy's. There were people who were workers and managers that were bullies and made fun of other coworkers just to be mean. The general manager could be rude and didn't always accommodate workers.
Wendys
Wendy's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
Worked there when I was 14, it wasn't a place for me. I felt that the other employees always spoke in their language about me and I felt left out, which no one should feel.
challanging work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2018
it is not fully organised sometimes mess can be seen at workplace. not everyone Is cooperative which makes it difficultu to work at this place. culture is not that good.
Pros
international chain
Cons
culture at work
Wendy's Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON1 March 2018
Working at Wendy's has shown how to deal with difficulties situations when dealing with a guest complaint, as well as when dealing with co-workers/employment staff who are not friendly to management. There has been many good times working at Wendy's and creating good friendships with co-workers/employment staff, and guests. The most enjoyable part of the job as a Manager was creating guest connections and meeting new faces everyday. As being a Manager there were a lot of responsibility that was learned and to become one at a very high-end fast food restaurant was very over-whelming, but a great experience.
Pros
Discounts, Guest Connections, Good General Manager
Cons
Long Hours
Helpful staff, positive environment, high stress tasks
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 February 2018
My co-workers at Wendy's were nice and very helpful, and they did train me appropriately; demonstrated how they do procedures and they never left me standing alone clueless. Overall there was a positive workplace culture.

The hardest part of the job was working the fry station; very high stress environment and there is no room for moving slowly or taking your time. I personally believe that a task should be completed with quality, and worry about quantity second.
Pros
Helpful, friendly staff
Cons
High stress areas such as the fry station
Good training and great culture
Cashier/Grill (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB27 February 2018
I enjoyed working there, the managers were professional and taught all necessary skills and were patient, I learned a lot working there and there is a great sense of culture between coworkers and everyone usually got along quite well!
Fun working environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia27 February 2018
Wendy’s is a great place to work. The management and staff of Wendy’s are pleasant to work with. It offers a great way to meet the people in the community and gain more customer experience.
Pros
Different Shift Options, Different Job Positions
A day in wendys
Front Counter Attendant/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 February 2018
The management in Wendys restaurant is really great.We offer you great hospitality when you visit here.I learned that serving other people the best quality can make someones day. The most enjoyable part about the job is you get to be a team player, you do what youre assigned to do to help the team for a daily success.
Pros
50 percent discount on food
Cons
only gaining minimum wage
great
Staff member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 February 2018
My time at Wendy's was pretty good. I was and still am a first year student and I was working there during my first semester, it was a good way to expose myself towards the food industry and its complexities.
Typical fast food job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON26 February 2018
It was typical, not so great job and working with a lot of people who really hate their jobs but were definitely lifers. One of the manager's I had there spent most of her time flirting and hitting on the really young guys she works with and the other was sadistic and got pleasure out of watching the employees fail and also liked to humiliate the workers in front of customers.
Fun , repetetive
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  West Island, QC26 February 2018
Been working there for about 3 years now and I like how repetitive the job is . its fun to work there most of the time when it's not coupon month. The supervisors are nice but, I don't like the manager.
Productive and a good workplace
front, sandwich maker, and drive-thru (Former Employee) –  2151 Steeles Ave W, North York, ON M3J 3N224 February 2018
Sometimes, it is busy at work. I learned being a cashier, making sandwiches, and handling drive-thru. the hardest part of the job is being a sandwich maker.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pressure
Not a good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON23 February 2018
Working here your expected to life for Wendy’s. Family and personal life is all suppose to be worked around Wendy’s. The ritch owners took away paid bereavement for employees
Pros
Cons
Live to work
workable
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2018
I just want to say that company provide good opportunity for job but their is less job security which means that when the season is low you will not get more work their.
it was fine
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2018
I needed money so i put up with a lot they called me in a lot it really depends on who you worked with if the shift was gonna be fun or not but overall it isn't a bad place but not a great place to work
Pros
half off meals
Cons
management wasnt amazing
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2018
i have been working at Wendy's full-time,,fast pace,
very friendly workers,,,,
friendly customers,,,
nice and clean stores,,,
nice staff and good environment,,

Amazing place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 February 2018
It was a wonderful oppertunity , i would recommend this to anyone that wants to learn great customer service. Amazing atmosphere and great people to work with and for
simple first or beginner job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON21 February 2018
The job is very straight forward I was a cashier there, take orders and process them. There is also some cleaning required when the store is not busy it is good for students and people looking for part-time work.
Pros
cleaning
Cons
clothes smell like food
Friendly staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2018
The managers discourage talking with other co-workers' keeping it to minimal.Customers are well taken care of, and so are the workers. The food is enjoyable, wish i can say the same for their fries.
Pros
50 percent discount on one combo, only when at work.
Cons
Not enough hours
Good
Cassière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC17 February 2018
I learned how to bag items and work the cash register. I closed a lot, which was also fine, and I learned how to count. I learned how to offer good customer service as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K