The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Wendy’s
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 May 2018
I loved my job at Wendy’s. I like meeting new people with diverse backgrounds and histories. Working at Wendy’s as a hostess was a fast paced job and never boring.
The staff was friendly and always there to help in any situation.
A typical work day was I would arrive and immediately clean all the entry doors and windows of the various hand prints etc.
Then make sure that there was coffee made and if not start the coffee. Continually watching to be sure it never ran out.
Checked the dining room for cleanliness and clean and disinfect any tables that needed cleaning. Again checking the windows that I could reach to be sure they were clean.
Pick up used trays and take them to the clean up area to wipe them with disinfectant. Wendy’s is very germ free eating establishment. Every thing is disinfected!
I would make sure the counter where napkins, lids for drinks, ketchup and other condiments were all full and the area clean and neat for the customers.
Clean up any spills that may take place in the dining area.
Pros
I liked that Wendy’s offered us 1/2 off our meals, a bonus!
Cons
No cons.
Normal fast food job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 May 2018
The job it self was fine, normal things that you would think take place in a fast food restaurant. However, the management was quite rude most the time.
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC15 May 2018
It was a productive work environment to be in, the environment was friendly and so as the co-workers. It was a wonderful learning experience and I hope to carry this experience in the other places that I plan on working in future.
fun workplace
Grill operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 May 2018
i did grill for a year there and i had a great time good staff, good pay, and just a good environment, one thing i i found hard there was when people would call in sick and we would be under staffed, we usually couldn't get staff in and would end up getting over worked.
First Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 May 2018
As far as first jobs go, this one wasn't so bad. It was definitely what you would expect working at a fast food restaurant, however out of all the fast food joints, I think Wendy's is the most sophisticated.
Was a good place to work but needed more team building events in my opinion
Cook and shift manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL12 May 2018
I enjoyed my time with Wendys and the training I received and the opportunity to advance. They were good with work/life scheduling,needed more team building
Pros
team work and 50% lunches
Cons
lack of staff at times
sandwich maker
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON11 May 2018
I loved working there and really miss working there. I had the greatest time with the bosses and co workers. it was never a dull day and people did they're job.
Pros
free drinks awesome co workers
Cons
not available
fast food
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
wendys was a great place to work the most enjoyable part of my job was the people that i worked with. it was a every multicultural environment. being a manger has it pros and cons but is still was a great experience. also it was an opportunity to new skills and ways to handle certain situations.
Pros
free food on break
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work
member (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 May 2018
it was nice working at wendys. all staffs are firendly. it is veryy busy. the most fun part of the job is when your shift is almost done because it is very hard working in here
Pros
free lunch
how wendy is
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON9 May 2018
typical day at work can either be busy or slow. i learned more math skills and people skills. the management was ok but not the bestest. the workplace culture was amazing. the hardest part of the job was rush hour. the most enjoyable was the co workers
Very Fun Workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB8 May 2018
While I have been working in this establishment for 5+ years I have always found it entertaining to go to work and getting to interact with the customers and staff.
Pros
Friendly Staff
bad managers
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON8 May 2018
Although the other staff of the store were very nice and friendly. The managers of the store were always very impartial, mean & would try to take other peoples good shifts
Tough, but rewarding job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2018
Began working here when I was 15 years old, the job was enjoyable at the start. It is a good place to have a first job, after every shift you accomplish many things and have a team to support you.
decent place to work
Night Crew Staff I (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2018
This was a good first job, I learned a lot and made a lot of new friends. It was a good experience overall and was a good stepping stone for my current position. Good for a first job but no growth opportunity long term.
Pros
cheap meals, discount
Cons
rough shift rotation
Various positions
Multiple Roles (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC8 May 2018
Working to various roles can be difficult, but could also lead to different learning experiences. Whether those be technical, such as operating the cashier, setting up the alarm et cetera, or personal enhancement, such as multitasking and time-management.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
high expectation
productive workplace and a great place to start work experiance
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC8 May 2018
rushed almost always, but there were always moments where things slowed down, management was kept up to date, and I found the workplace culture to be quite diverse. the toughest part of the job was equipment cleanup, but it wasn't always tough. what I enjoyed most was the people I worked with, knowing when to be serious but when to lighten up.
Pros
50% off food when on duty and flexible work hours
Cons
hunger pains
Even though it is always busy, I still have fun working there because everyone is easy to get along with and the management is really good.
Cashier/Customer Service/Sandwich-Maker (Current Employee) –  Westbank, BC8 May 2018
Stocking and organizing everything will be the easiest part of the job and will be the most common thing that everybody should know. We prioritize the cleanliness of the store whether it is inside the kitchen, in the dining where the customers eat, or outside of the store. I learned to spend my time wisely at the store because every minute is important. I also learned how to communicate with other people better. Slowly, it isn't just my skills that have improved but also me as a person. And that is really important for me since it is my very first job. It is also easy to balance out school and work because the management won't force you to work that day unless you are supposed to work. You just need to tell them in advance that you can't go to work for the days ahead. The hardest part of the job maybe whenever there would be tons of customers at the store especially during the weekend. It would also be a lot harder whenever there are only a few staffs to help you with the job and there would be nothing left for you to do but work even though it is busy and stressful. But despite it all, everyone is very supportive and helpful. The environment is good to work at.
Pros
They hire you immediately.
Cons
Long hours.
Great and fun place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2018
I enjoyed this job. Learned many things as it was my first job and helped me gain a lot of experience in a variety positions. I recommend this job to anyone. Great atmosphere.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
non
Injustice
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC6 May 2018
Ma mère disait que la gérante me harcelait psychologiquement
Tout est dit.
Pros
equipiers
Cons
distribution des taches et managing
Amazing workplace culture
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON4 May 2018
Wendys is a great place to work because everyone feels like a family! The way management treats you is fair and all staff are treated the same, and everyone truly works as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K