The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,706 reviews matching the search See all 24,614 reviews
Horrible Work Place
Front End Cashier/ Window Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 October 2018
Honestly, it's a decent job if you're just doing it between jobs. Don't expect to be able to stay long. NOTHING IN PLACE TO PROTECT WORKERS! Almost got attacked though the window and I've been harassed by customers in the dinning room to the point I was too scared to do my job. I complained to management multiple times since our store was in a bad area as well. They took no steps to resolve the issue.
It is also extremely hard to advance in the company. The most you could get up to is supervisor but only if the people above you quit.
Pros
Free food occasionally
Cons
No job security
nice place to work but management can be a pain in the butt
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 September 2018
I've learned a lot from this place but overall I wasn't happy working here because the management was dysfunctional and there drama leaked onto everyone else and they're also cheapskates and the raises are insulting
Pros
50% off food
Cons
not enough hours and you're always getting sent home early and you can only use your 50% once
TLDR: dont work there unless you will die otherwise
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2018
A typical work day consists of headaches, anger and depression. they do nothing but use their employees and something as simple as booking off a day is impossible to do without increased stress. they will lie to you just to get you to work more days and if you ask for anything, they will screw you over out of spite. This place is a cancer to work in and should not be pursued unless you have literally no other options.
Pros
teaches you time management and self worth
Cons
long hours, useless management, poor work environment
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier and Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 September 2018
I love working at Wendy's, most of the time it's always busy but I love making the sandwiches and serving customers. I learned so many stuff while I was working at Wendy's. I learned doing time management, handling work under pressure, multi-tasking, team work, leadership, and being more responsible. The hardest part is it's always busy but for me, that is so much fun. The most enjoyable part of the job is during closing time because everyone is helping each other to get the job done quickly.
Pros
Free food, discounts, friendly workmates and managers
Horrible overall experience
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON18 July 2018
Short, 4.5 hour shifts with no break (15 minute break was legally required, but was never offered/received). Working two or three positions at once.
Learned basic job skills such as time management and customer service.
Management was almost non-existent. Employees had to approach management for tasks rather than management setting out the daily standards.
Workplace culture was extremely poor. Very cliquey, new/younger employees were completely excluded and sometimes degraded.
The hardest part of the job was mustering up the motivation to even bother going as I was getting very few, very short shifts, no breaks, and felt very unincluded from the team.
There was no part of this job that was enjoyable for me.
Pros
Discount on food, I guess?
Cons
Poor work environment, absent management, lack of team effort, lots of exclusion for new/younger employees
fun coworkers, poor raise structure.
Fast Food Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL26 June 2018
i enjoyed working here. Made many great friends while working here. They always made going to work enjoyable and fun. Great place for first job but not much room to grow within the company and raises do not exist.
Pros
good management
Cons
poor chance for advancement
An Average Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 May 2018
Typical Day: You get to work early and look at the environment for the day (Is it busy? Relaxed? Dead?). This will dictate your day.

Busy day: All hands on deck! Production > Quality
Relaxed Day: Quality > Production
Dead: Time to clean.

What you learn:
Depending on your skills, you can expect to work cash, sandwiches, grill, or fries.

Management:
It's really just their job to be there and make sure people are working. They do cash floats and drops.

Workplace Culture:
It's an ever-revolving door in fast-food. People come and go quickly.

Hardest part:
The grill and fryer (It's hot, it's not fun).

Most enjoyable:
Chatting with your co-workers
Pros
Discount while working
Cons
It's fast-food
The Head Manager was very welcoming
Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 July 2018
The Head Manager was very welcoming. This Wendy's in particular demanded everyone to work at their best. A culture at the work would push those to work harder, however anyone that wanted to relax always deemed unworthy to work. This acted as a positive, despite this being a low pay job. However, the young staff didn't mind this competitive work, and as people got older they hated the work thinking lowly of everyone else working there.
Fast Paced environment great co workers
Grill, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK1 October 2018
Intermediate hours depends on how well you work and what you use you time worth. Management was very lenient and could work around your schedule. repetitive work
Pros
Free lunches when called in on your day off
Cons
The only thing that kept me there as long as it did was the people
Grill operator/Drive (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC25 November 2018
Management was constantly spotty in terms of quality, same with people. We were also always short people because nobody wanted to work under such inconsistent management. The managers also had a tendency to disregard the days we had booked off well in advance (sometimes even months beforehand) only to tell us to our face that we "Should have booked it off two weeks prior." I feel bad for the people still working there, they deserved better. They were generally pretty cool people, some I still keep in touch with years after they left. I really only enjoyed the times where I wasn't on the Drive-Thru window or Front cashier, I really preferred working on the grill or helping put away the food deliveries we got three times a week.
Not so nice management.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 November 2018
When I started I have told myself I be working at Wendy's for a life time regardless of the wage I will receive and I see and experience first hand how they treat staff. I tried quieting first time they promise me a race yet not match to the job I suppose to transfer i CONSIDERED it for their short of people second time I try to resign they ripe the letter in front of me and trow in the garbage can and did not let me go out in the staff area
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Management mistreatment of staff.
wendys
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2018
is busy scheduled
i learned how to serve customer with their saisfactions, solve all complaints, handling cash,closed register
good management
good workplace amosphere, cooperative
team work is most enjoyable part
Pros
learning new things
Cons
The management is not great but the co-worker are great people to work with. They are nice and always willing to help.
Restaurant Team Member (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE7 April 2018
Working at Wendy's is a great place to work at if the management was a lot better. All the co-worker are very kind and all very hard working which they deserved to be treated better. Management are great sometime but other time it just makes me want to quit. They need to be more nicer other than rush us and tell us that we are doing that wrong when we are all trying our best. Also the salary is not very good. Specially if they tell you that you mean so much and how they are very happy to have you because you are such a great worker for them, even after 3 years they don't give you a rise.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
salary is low and management isn't very good
Productive and fun working environment with a great group of employees
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON26 July 2018
Working at wendys is one of the most fun and productive jobs i will have throughout my careers. It shows and gives me a lot of qualities that are good and ideal for your day to day life.
Pros
Great crew
Cons
long hours, unpaid breaks
productive workplace and a great place to start work experiance
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC8 May 2018
rushed almost always, but there were always moments where things slowed down, management was kept up to date, and I found the workplace culture to be quite diverse. the toughest part of the job was equipment cleanup, but it wasn't always tough. what I enjoyed most was the people I worked with, knowing when to be serious but when to lighten up.
Pros
50% off food when on duty and flexible work hours
Cons
hunger pains
Busy work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  edmonton3 September 2018
We are all around on this company we are usually busy because the location is in downtown and front of mcewan school, I learned here how to place an order and the work place is happy people and helping each other, the hardest part is when i am in the sandwich i am alone making sandwich for front and drive thru, because most of the time we are lack of staff that time. The most enjoyable part is we all get along and help each other when we need most.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
no benefits
Fun Workplace
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 July 2018
My typical day at Wendy's drive-thru was first scanning my thumbprint to check in. Then, putting my hair in a hairnet and putting a hat on, and then grabbing my headset. I would wait in the drive-thru area for a car to arrive. If there was no car, I would stock up the area to make sure we had everything when the car arrived so it could be quick and easy. When the car arrived I would collect the order and money, and lastly hand the food.
Overall, the work experience was amazing the co-workers were fun to be around, I was able to learn the value of money and seeing how others work hard to be where they are. However, with the job came some complications, the hours for me, personally as a student were not what I expected to be. Sometimes my hours would be in the morning to the afternoon with a 30-minute break which is completely fine. But, I ended up in the drive-thru area with my hours from 8:30 pm to 3:30 am, and these hours conflicted with my school hours, and sadly I had to leave the job.
Pros
Free Lunches and Fun People to be Around
Cons
The Long Hours
Poor place to work
Front Counter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB25 June 2018
Management engages in discrimination and racism. Favors applicants from their own country over Caucasian workers. No opportunity for advancement for white workers.
Pros
Cons
Discimatory practices, bullying in workplace, little or no respect for workers.
horrible place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 October 2018
wouldn't even try to work here again it was a okay job when i was in high school but it isn't something people should have to deal with the manager was horrible and didn't care about anything as long as you were at work. had a family emergency and the manger told me that work was more important than family and they if i didn't show up i would be fired
Cons
everything
Hard on the body for little pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB9 April 2018
You are induced into a greasy environment that makes your whole body hurt. add in the convenience of just buying lunch from work you are setting yourself up to be sorry. Need to work hard for minimum wage while others get away with doing less and yelling at management positions. Although lots of the coworkers were great the whole place was slowly falling through the wires.
Pros
50 percent off anything you order.
Cons
Honestly wasn't that bad just too much work for minimum wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

56.5K