The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,754 reviews matching the search See all 25,349 reviews
I think working in a Restaurant would show you how great customer service can make a difference.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC19 February 2019
Working in a busy restaurant taught me how to stay on top of things, keep customers happy, serve fresh food in target time.
I have learned how to operate a restaurant, how to maintain inventory throughout the week. How to be ready for lunch rush, dinner rush. Make sure to keep things clean and tidy and maintain staff.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS17 February 2019
staff was great, but stressful to work with, not much hours or shifts. This was a good experience for a first job, I learned a lot and in my next job i was more outgoing and able to progress quickly.
Pros
learn alot from my first job
Cons
short hours and shifts
it sucked
Front Desk Agent, Wendys (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 February 2019
i am not going to lie to you it sucks working at this job, unprofessional, rude and theres nothing I hate more than a mamager that doesnt know wat theyre doing
Good first part-time job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON16 February 2019
While working at Wendy's as a part time crew member, I received a lot of flexible hours as a crew member and being a full-time student. The atmosphere was somewhat inviting.
Fast-paced, enjoyable enviroment
Front Cashier/Pick Up Window (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 February 2019
Wendy's is crucial on quickness. Employees should be able to handle extremely pressured situations that can not result in breakdowns. It is very hands on and independent work (sometimes). Teamwork is also highly encouraged
Pros
Food discounts
Flexible job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2019
work around schedule, able to pick up full time, pay is not great for those who's main and only job would be this, it's only good for students. Management was OK.. some didn't work barely and talked and gossiped a lot about other employees, while other managers helped other staff and worked hard. Customers are the downfall of the job as well.. you get a lot of complaints for tiny mistakes. The location I was working at (now permanently closed ) was a target for drug users.. I always found needles left behind in the men's washroom, when cleaning it up management didn't provide proper cleaning tools and didn't dispose of it properly. SAFETY HAZARD.
Overall, the work is easy.. just be quick and sufficient.
Pros
discount on food for break only
Cons
customers, hourly pay
Fun place to work if you have no life
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 February 2019
Manager was rude. Scheduled me on days that I said I couldn't work. Work environment was fun. Employees were fun to work with. Expects you to drop your life to go into work even when you book that day off.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management is rude
loved wendys great place for students to work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON11 February 2019
Amazing crew very good management. willing to give you the hours you need to balance school, other jobs, or sports. clean and well kept facility. good experience all around.
That was awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2019
I got along with everyone I worked with, they were all polite and the place was always clean and everyday everyone hands were always clean and clean uniform there were all awesome there
Pros
Everyone was polite and respectful
Cons
There isnt any cons at all
Friendly environment, productive
Customer service/Cashier/ Drive-thru (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON10 February 2019
Everyone works together to get things done and and make sure that every customer gets why they what when they want. Making people happy is what that store strives for.
Bad management, bad culture
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON10 February 2019
Management just saw each person as a tool. It was obvious they didn't have enough workers and it didn't seem like much was being done to hire new people. Manager once yelled at me while we were in a rush telling me I'm too slow instead of trying to help. Other workers (including managers) didn't care for company policy, would eat some of the food while on the floor. Other workers were also rude and would use very crude language to each other (it didn't matter if one was 30 and the other was 16).
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 February 2019
Fast food
no advancement
flexible hours
accommodating hours
understandable management
good breaks
busy and fast paced
quick learning and working process
Fun great people
Everything (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 February 2019
When I was working with Wendy's on kenmount road I was always willing to go the extra mile because I know they would do the same for me in return. Such a great group of people.
Pros
Great people
Cons
nothing
Productive work place, some job life.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC4 February 2019
It was a good first job, staff was a little different for me do to that fact that I was at least 15 years younger than me. Good place to star though. Was enjoyed
Not a great place to work but pays the bills
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 February 2019
I experienced abuse from some managers, great times and work with others. Hard work but easy to learn how to do each position, which allows for shift flexibility (trading between workers).
Pros
Mostly free food for staff
Cons
Long hours, Crazy GMs
It's been good for a while
Crew (Former Employee) –  Metro Vancouver, BC1 February 2019
it is good for training ground and get some experience for those who are newbie but not for a life time job. need suggestion box for both customers and employee.
typical fast food job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON1 February 2019
Typical fast food job. Exactly what you would expect working at wendys. Good student job because they are flexible with hours, working around class schedule.
Friendly People, Fast Pace Enviroment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON31 January 2019
My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Our location had a high traffic of customers making for a busy environment. My hours varied and I was often working until midnight, despite being a high school student.
Terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON30 January 2019
At first it was okay but then the managers started to show their true colours. They pick on and make fun of their staff, the owner of the restaurant does as well. I felt like I was not welcomed.
Cons
managment
sandwich maker
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON30 January 2019
as a sandwich maker my job is to clean and stock my station, as a sandwich maker you have to be able to work at a fast pass, and be able to make orders correctly in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

56.7K