The Wendy's Company Employee Reviews

Wendy's review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 June 2018
This environment was amazing and very welcoming at the beginning, They were always open to new employees and showed positive attitudes when engaging with costumers.
Not a career
CASHIER & SANDWHICH MAKER (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 June 2018
In my experience with the Wendy's. Much of of the staff tend to be older and they all seem burnt out from the 6 day work weeks and the high demand for constantly being fast. Some managers have a short temper and snap very easily, one specificially that I can think of. The one thing that kept me going back for three years was the GM. Absolute gem of a GM and great guy. I wish they could have provided a better work experience for their workers. there was also a period of time where I expressed how much I wanted to be a full time sandwich maker, and I feel I did get pretty good. but even for someone that had been there for three years they couldn't do that for me. I was just there dishwasher and I would fill in for sandwiches when they didn't have anyone.
Pros
GM was a good guy
Cons
the jobs pretty terrible
Great Team
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC14 June 2018
Everyone here was super nice to work with. The managers always answered your questions and it had flexible hours. Very understanding managers as well.
Great Place
OPERNING CREW LEADER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2018
Working at wendy's canada was a Great journey and a great addition to my work and learning experiences. I met wonderful people and learned great skills from working there, like customer service and Safety skills.
Pros
half price lunch
Cons
low payment
Working with very nice people
Shift/Assistant Manager of store (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 June 2018
Working different shifts through out Barrie and areas was good experience. Dealing with customers complaints and staff was good experience. It was fun
to greasy
CASHIER/FOOD PREP (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON12 June 2018
the staff here made job more enjoyable but i got tired of always coming home smelling like greasy and the work conditions were horrible when it was summer time.
Fun place to work if you dont mind doing the same thing day in and day out
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 June 2018
Friendly working environment. Plenty of hours if you are willing to work. No room to advance and no pay raises. Very repetitive work. Not bad place to work.
Pros
Cons
To many
na
My position was a training crew member (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC7 June 2018
It wasn't an easy job- If you arent cut out for fast food chain then dont be disapointed not many people are cut out for the type of work. Try your best and be your best. You dont have to go to work for people to like you, go to work because that what will put you ahead in life.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Serving food
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2018
Clean washroom if street people sick and make mass ,and some time people use washroom for socide. And all is okay thx.and I like to carpet cleaning and serve food there thier own table .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Yes all nights work
Overall Review
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON4 June 2018
- hardest part: overwhelming customers
- enjoyable part: making new friends, and skills you will learn
- find a store with good management or your time at Wendy's will not be enjoyable
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
over hiring

Want to know more about The Wendy's Company?

Ask a question
productive job with good crew
cashier/drive-thru (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON4 June 2018
a typical day at work can pretty hectic especially during the summer months and much harder when we are short staffed.
I have learned how to work better as a team member and social skills when dealing with customers.
the hardest part of the job would have to be running multiple stations when you are only one person. manageable but difficult.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making others happy. being quick and efficient. small talk with customers etc. you can really make someone's day with just one small comment.
Pros
good crew
Cons
not enough hours
My job is fill with good co-works
Back room dishwasher (Current Employee) –  On line2 June 2018
My job is fill with good co-workers in clean areas and the food is high quality decated customers and good management trading gifts are very exciting we have gifts for the customers
Pros
Free lunch on the holidays
Cons
The brakes are refreshing
My experience at Wendys
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 May 2018
I worked for Wendys between April 2017 until July 31 2017. I really enjoyed working for Wendys . Friendly staff / the managers were very helpful training me. Loved the 50 percent discount while working. If I didnt have to move I would still be there. Awesome customer service as well.
Pros
50 % Instore discount.
Cons
When someones not a team player.
Good Enviroment
Wendy's Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2018
With this job was fun and the people that i worked with were nice. Didn't take long to learn new positions and the flexibility was another thing that i liked.
lively workplace, fast pace environment
Wendy's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 May 2018
working at the grill station was nerve wracking and i could not handle it. I was moved to cashier so i could take orders and greet customers. the people were fun to chat with, the employees were helpful and the discounts were nice.
An Average Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 May 2018
Typical Day: You get to work early and look at the environment for the day (Is it busy? Relaxed? Dead?). This will dictate your day.

Busy day: All hands on deck! Production > Quality
Relaxed Day: Quality > Production
Dead: Time to clean.

What you learn:
Depending on your skills, you can expect to work cash, sandwiches, grill, or fries.

Management:
It's really just their job to be there and make sure people are working. They do cash floats and drops.

Workplace Culture:
It's an ever-revolving door in fast-food. People come and go quickly.

Hardest part:
The grill and fryer (It's hot, it's not fun).

Most enjoyable:
Chatting with your co-workers
Pros
Discount while working
Cons
It's fast-food
fun
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Wendy's it is a fun place to work everyone is like family, you get to know customer's when they come in everyday the only thing i would change is some staff other then that great place to work
Pros
enjoyable work place
fast-pace moving emviornment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC27 May 2018
If you enjoy working in a fast pace environment, this would be the place for you. Busy lunch rush hours which are the busiest time of the day for fast-food businesses. Stocking and re-stocking shelves and cleaning as efficiently as possible.
Pros
Fast-Pace, organized
Cons
High turn over rates for employees
Very friendly work experience.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON26 May 2018
Working in wendy's helped me a lot to learn the things like how to deal with the customers and how politely we receive customers. Moreover, how we deal with the senior citizens and helping them.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
sometimes we used to work long hours.
Fasted paced
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2018
It was a good first job experience. The manager was nice and understood my hours and helped me get the hang of this job during the first few weeks. The enviroment was good
Pros
friendly
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wendy's Company. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K